Roe v. Wade overturned?

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
It's not just rearing it's head now, it's been like this the entire fifty years.

And then, Trump happened, and the SCOTUS got it's Conservative Majority.

Which has also been in the works for fifty years.

It's a long game plan that the Republicans have been pushing for, for a long time.

It's not a deflect, but rather the end of that same long game plan.

Alito even said it in the draft - Roe v. Wade should NEVER have been law to begin with.

The problem is that how he words his draft decision, it lays out a possibility for OTHER things currently enshrined as law to be brought up and questioned, including same gender marriage, inter-racial marriage and so on. The protections of the 14th - which Roe was under - is suddenly not so protective. Are the fears legit? Depends on who you ask.

But "settled/precedent" is no longer a valid reason not to be afraid, considering the five judges who voted to do this also said this was 'settled/precedent' law.
LOL...it's funny how everything is a right wing "plan"....Like the left doesn't make any plans, they just do what's right......."F"-in hilarious.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
"Jane Roe". Ever heard her story? If anyone is happier to see this quashed it's her.

She was used and manipulated. Today she regrets all of it and is a pro life lobbyists.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
I haven't seen anyone suggest that is anti-abortion that in the cases of a mother's life at risk, other than you right now. Dix sure as hell hasn't said anything about those instances, unless I missed them (which is possible).

But I'm also talking laws in the states, not just people on this board.

Have you been ignoring everything going on down south?

For some women, that's EXACTLY what the problem would be. Legal, AND safe.

"All the ruling does".... no, that's not all it does.

"The Republican governor of Arizona signed a 15-week abortion ban that has no exemptions.

“In Arizona, we know there is immeasurable value in every life – including preborn life,” Gov. Doug Ducey said. “I believe it is each state’s responsibility to protect them.”"

But it's not just "Total illegality"; depending on the states, the bans are so early that women won't even KNOW they're pregnant and some only have restrictions for medical reasons, meaning if a woman or child is raped/incest happens, she'd best suck it up.

Again, you don't like abortions, don't get one. But no one should be dictating to a woman what to do with her body.
You haven't been paying attention I know Dix, Boomer and myself have been posting for years about life threatening cases during pregnancy just for it not to be used as another means of contraceptive.

So the answer is no it is not illegal to have an abortion

Yes the overturn takes the right of abortion away from federal laws back to State laws it was never in the Federal constitution to begin with, not a right for all citizens of the USA

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
"Jane Roe". Ever heard her story? If anyone is happier to see this quashed it's her.

She was used and manipulated. Today she regrets all of it and is a pro life lobbyists.
Yep and her daughter is overjoyed that the decision wasn't reached before she was born.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
It is the only reason. Nobody, not even the loudest woman has the Right to harm a Person. And there isn't and never was a Right to an abortion or control of the body.

Yes you can harm a person as long as it's a fetus that does not feel pain.

You can also harm yourself under specific qualifications.

It just takes time for people to wrap their heads around why having the choice to abortion is the morally right thing to do.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
LOL...it's funny how everything is a right wing "plan"....Like the left doesn't make any plans, they just do what's right......."F"-in hilarious.

I didn't say, nor would I ever say that.

The left does have its own 'plans' and sometimes they fucking suck donkey balls.

But if you look at the history of this subject, it WAS a right wing plan for decades.

Reactions: taxslave

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
You haven't been paying attention I know Dix, Boomer and myself have been posting for years about life threatening cases during pregnancy just for it not to be used as another means of contraceptive.

You're right, likely I haven't been paying attention to Dix and Boom that much, or you, when it comes to the subject beyond the "Women don't get a right to choose for themselves what happens".

On that later part, I agree with you absolutely. Abortion used as contraception should NOT be a 'choice', a viable option what so ever.

But in the end, that is not up for me to decide, that's for a woman to decide.

So the answer is no it is not illegal to have an abortion

You're right, technically it's not "illegal" for those who have the means and money to get an abortion. But if Bobby Jean in the sticks of Oklahoma or Texas, or a plethora of other states gets pregnant by her step-brother at fourteen, she's shit out of luck for any kind of abortion options before she either a) knows she's even pregnant (six week bans) or b) can't leave at all because even with a 15 week ban, travel, time and so on costs money she likely doesn't have and if her parents are super religious, well it's TOTALLY out of the question.

The abortion issue has always been a "keep women safe" issue. When you look at the history of it, women were DYING because they could not get abortions or had no access to safe ones. It was about women's health, period.

Yes the overturn takes the right of abortion away from federal laws back to State laws it was never in the Federal constitution to begin with, not a right for all citizens of the USA

Neither is racial marriage.

Neither is same gender marriage.

Neither is contraception.

Neither are a whole bunch of other decisions under the 14th. Think about how many laws were made with the 14th as the reasoning to allow it. All of them could very well be overturned under the same excuse. Considering Roe was 50 years of, supposedly, precedent, that was REAFFIRMED with Casey, and yet the same judges who were asked about it lied and said that precedent meant they wouldn't overturn, and they did... yeah, people are right to worry.

Which is WHY this is a HUGE deal even more than it would be over just the overturn of Roe v. Wade and Casey.

There are people out there even trying to say that "Roe" was anti-abortion which apparently wasn't true either. Death bed confession from her said she was paid to say she was anti-abortion. Which just ass to the whole "This was a plan decades in the making" thing. Judges who lied, pro-life people paying off others to say they're anti-abortion when they weren't...

It's not up to anyone but the woman and her doctor to decide if abortion is 'right' or not.

Last edited:

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Neither is racial marriage.

Neither is same gender marriage.

Neither is contraception.

Neither are a whole bunch of other decisions under the 14th. Think about how many laws were made with the 14th as the reasoning to allow it. All of them could very well be overturned under the same excuse. Considering Roe was 50 years of, supposedly, precedent, that was REAFFIRMED with Casey, and yet the same judges who were asked about it lied and said that precedent meant they wouldn't overturn, and they did... yeah, people are right to worry.

Which is WHY this is a HUGE deal even more than it would be over just the overturn of Roe v. Wade and Casey.

There are people out there even trying to say that "Roe" was anti-abortion which apparently wasn't true either. Death bed confession from her said she was paid to say she was anti-abortion. Which just ass to the whole "This was a plan decades in the making" thing. Judges who lied, pro-life people paying off others to say they're anti-abortion when they weren't...

It's not up to anyone but the woman and her doctor to decide if abortion is 'right' or not.
Congress have passed laws to be able to do these things as well as abortion and funds were appropriated in some cases to fund them, there never was a law written to any of these as exclusive rights, just falls under other rights like everyone else.

Reactions: B00Mer

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yes you can harm a person as long as it's a fetus that does not feel pain.

You can also harm yourself under specific qualifications.

It just takes time for people to wrap their heads around why having the choice to abortion is the morally right thing to do.
You'd best get a grip on what "person" means.

Reactions: B00Mer