Kyle Rittenhouse

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
The other day I get pulled over by an O.P.P.
He says to me, smilling you were going a mite fast sir
So i asked him, I thought you didn't stop anyone unless they go more than 10 over the limit.
He says to me.... still smiling ....
You got brand new snow tires on, which will add a few clicks to your speedometer reading

I didn't belabor the point, and he didn't give me a ticket..
He even said that I didn't exist in the infraction system in Ontario
That's when I told him that the only infraction I ever got was improper passing 40years ago!

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
Well, someone in the organization is doing OK by them.......

Reactions: taxslave and B00Mer

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
So?

That's like saying because Besos or any other Million or Billionaire is doing so well, everyone else is too?
"They're only in it for the money" is a tired old argument. If you were to say the same about a leader or executive harry approves of, he'd respond "You can't expect him to do it for free."

Well, either that or he knows this-or-that person wasn't wealthy before they got involved with BLM.

Anyway, it's all just logical fallacies designed to keep you from doing what he's afraid to do: address the issue.

Reactions: Serryah

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
"They're only in it for the money" is a tired old argument. If you were to say the same about a leader or executive harry approves of, he'd respond "You can't expect him to do it for free."

Well, either that or he knows this-or-that person wasn't wealthy before they got involved with BLM.

Anyway, it's all just logical fallacies designed to keep you from doing what he's afraid to do: address the issue.
Dont jump to conclusions. This one has yet to be proven or disproven.

Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation has not filed public IRS disclosures.
The foundation received its official non-profit designation from the Internal Revenue Service in December 2020 according to the Associated Press, and will be required to file public tax documents in the future. No public financial filings have yet been made.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Dont jump to conclusions. This one has yet to be proven or disproven.

Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation has not filed public IRS disclosures.
The foundation received its official non-profit designation from the Internal Revenue Service in December 2020 according to the Associated Press, and will be required to file public tax documents in the future. No public financial filings have yet been made.
I try not to. It's a long walk back.

I don't know about BLM. And neither do you, and neither does harry.

I can't imagine it's anything other than the usual mix: a bunch of well-meaning folk, a few professionals, a few screamers, a few con artists, and a few jobsworths.

If you're gonna point to one of these groups and shriek "See? See? THIS is what they REALLY are! wouldn't it make the most sense to point to the well-meaning folk who are the majority?"

Unless, of course, y'all got an ax to grind.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I try not to. It's a long walk back.

I don't know about BLM. And neither do you, and neither does harry.

I can't imagine it's anything other than the usual mix: a bunch of well-meaning folk, a few professionals, a few screamers, a few con artists, and a few jobsworths.

If you're gonna point to one of these groups and shriek "See? See? THIS is what they REALLY are! wouldn't it make the most sense to point to the well-meaning folk who are the majority?"

Unless, of course, y'all got an ax to grind.
There is more than one BLM organisation. This one is "intriguing".

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Radley Balko is a researcher, author, and commenter on the American criminal legal system. I think he gave a very balanced, significant post mortem of the Rittenhouse trial. . .
Some have cited the Rittenhouse verdict to demand restrictions on self-defense laws. But that, too, would be a mistake. As the adage goes, bad cases make bad law. And the Rittenhouse case was as bad as they come. Rittenhouse made some awful decisions that resulted in unnecessary deaths. But given the specific circumstances he encountered, he was legally permitted to defend himself. Changing the law is unlikely to deter or punish future Rittenhouses. The new laws will be applied in the same racially disparate manner the current laws are.
Balko on Rittenhouse/McMichael Trials

Reactions: Colpy

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Radley Balko is a researcher, author, and commenter on the American criminal legal system. I think he gave a very balanced, significant post mortem of the Rittenhouse trial. . .

Balko on Rittenhouse/McMichael Trials

I have to admit that, at this point, I can see why widdle Kyle was found not guilty and can even grudgingly accept it.

But I also think that he should not have been there, should not have had a gun and he should have stuck to 'just helping' like he said he was there to do. I DO wonder if his verdict will encourage more incidents of so called 'self defence' in similar situations, and wonder how messed up court cases are going to get when multiple people start claiming 'self defence' while shooting at one another.

He's still a racist little shit and I feel no sympathy for his being taken for a ride by Trump's people but the outcome of this case is frightening and matters more than poor widdle Kyle.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I have to admit that, at this point, I can see why widdle Kyle was found not guilty and can even grudgingly accept it.

But I also think that he should not have been there, should not have had a gun and he should have stuck to 'just helping' like he said he was there to do. I DO wonder if his verdict will encourage more incidents of so called 'self defence' in similar situations, and wonder how messed up court cases are going to get when multiple people start claiming 'self defence' while shooting at one another.

He's still a racist little shit and I feel no sympathy for his being taken for a ride by Trump's people but the outcome of this case is frightening and matters more than poor widdle Kyle.
Well, you can bet your last loony we ain't got enough sense to pass a law that forbids being off your property or property where you have the owner's permission armed when the jurisdiction is in a public-safety emergency.

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
Yes, it probably was a dumb move on his part to be there and with a gun.....But that was his right, was not illegal.
By the same token, the 3 that attacked him probably should have thought better of it too....but they didn't
If being dumb was illegal, about 90% of us would be locked up....lol

Reactions: Colpy