Court overturns Bill Cosby sexual assault conviction, orders release

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Court overturns Bill Cosby sexual assault conviction, orders release​

The decision came after Cosby had served more than two years of a potential three- to 10-year sentence, following his 2018 conviction.

Publishing date:
Jun 30, 2021 • Last Updated 8 minutes ago •

FILE - In this Sept. 24, 2018, file photo, Bill Cosby departs after a sentencing hearing at the Montgomery County Courthouse in Norristown, Pa. Cosbys trial judge is rejecting the actor's bid for a new trial or sentencing hearing and directing him to file any appeals with the state Superior Court. Cosby is serving a three- to 10-year state prison term after a jury this year convicted him of drugging and molesting a woman at his home in 2004. (AP Photo/Matt Slocum, File)
FILE - In this Sept. 24, 2018, file photo, Bill Cosby departs after a sentencing hearing at the Montgomery County Courthouse in Norristown, Pa. Cosby's trial judge is rejecting the actor's bid for a new trial or sentencing hearing and directing him to file any appeals with the state Superior Court. Cosby is serving a three- to 10-year state prison term after a jury this year convicted him of drugging and molesting a woman at his home in 2004. PHOTO BY MATT SLOCUM /AP

Pennsylvania’s highest court on Wednesday overturned Bill Cosby’s sexual assault conviction and ordered that he be released from prison immediately.

The decision by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court came after Cosby had served more than two years of a potential three- to 10-year sentence, following his 2018 conviction.

The court found that a previous prosecutor had made a deal with Cosby not to charge him in the case.

The comedian and actor was best known for his role as the lovable husband and father in the 1980s television comedy series “The Cosby Show,” earning him the nickname “America’s Dad.”

But his family-friendly reputation was shattered after dozens of women accused him of sexual assault over a period of decades. His conviction was widely seen as a landmark moment in the #MeToo movement that brought forth an array of allegations against powerful men in Hollywood and beyond.

Cosby was found guilty of sexually assaulting Andrea Constand in his home in 2004 after giving her unidentified pills. (Reporting by Jonathan Stempel in New York and Joseph Ax in Princeton, New Jersey Editing by Alistair Bell)

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Not really sure how this works, but can he now sue the state for wrongful confinement? What about damage to his reputation?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
No and no.

Fox’s Geraldo Paints Cosby as Victim: How Will He Get His Two Years Back?​

Appearing on Fox News to discuss the explosive ruling, Rivera read off comments he made after Cosby was initially found guilty on three counts of aggravated indecent assault for drugging and sexually assaulting Andrea Constand in 2018.

Noting that he predicted at that point that a higher court would toss out the conviction because he felt the judge went “way over the line in allowing unrelated victims’ testimony” during the trial, Rivera exclaimed: “What they did to this guy was mob justice!”

Yeah..."MOB Justice" sure seems to be in style these days, don't it?
;)

Last edited:

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
#rapistslivesmatter
You read that in the sun right?
;)
If it is, as indicated, are YOU being racist or sexist or just part of "the Mob" here?

2 Plus 2 is so over so many mobish heads.

So, here’s what happened when Bill Cosby Tried to buy NBC​

The media speaks about the past of Bill Cosby as if he spent most of his younger years sleeping with young women. But this wasn’t all that he did. In fact, he did a great deal more, making the kinds of major moves rarely seen among any person of color at the time.

One of the things that Cosby attempted to do was make one of the biggest purchases in history, as he sought to buy NBC away from the General Electric Company, who were the owners at the time.

According to the New York Times, Cosby was very serious about trying to make the purchase, and felt confident that he could raise the funds to pull it off. At the time, Norman Brokaw was the man in charge of Cosby’s career. Brokaw was the CEO of the William Morris Agency, and he’d been Cosby’s personal agent for 30 years

Looks like maybe only MARXIST BLACK LIVES MATTER.
;)

Last edited:

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

Phylicia Rashad Comes Out Swinging for Bill Cosby: “A terrible wrong is being righted- a miscarriage of justice is corrected!”

No one knows Cosby better than the soft spoken, smart, articulate Rashad, for whom I have a lot of respect. So far she has not said a word about the scandal that has engulfed Cosby and is systematically destroying his 50 year career and reputation.

So far.

Now, as the extraordinary “Selma” lunch– which featured a brilliant performance by Common and John Legend of their theme song, “Glory”– Rashad and I had a talk about Cosby. No less than Harry Belafonte and Ruben Santiago Hudson were hovering above us as we chatted. Let’s make something clear. Rashad, who is one of our greatest stage actresses, has kept quiet, didn’t seek me out, and even said “I don’t want to become part of the public debate.”

But knowing this she did say to me “I love him” about Bill Cosby. She stands defiantly behind him. She told me that in the years she’s known him, she has never seen the behavior alleged by the women who say they were drugged and raped, or sexually harassed.

Rashad said: “What you’re seeing is the destruction of a legacy. And I think it’s orchestrated. I don’t know why or who’s doing it, but it’s the legacy. And it’s a legacy that is so important to the culture.”

Rashad dismisses claims from both Beverly Johnson and Janice Dickinson. “Oh, please,” she said when their names came up. She also is quick to defend Camille Cosby. “This is a tough woman, a smart woman,” she told me. “She’s no pushover.” There is no question, Rashad said, that Camille Cosby has not been complicit or looked the other way as her husband terrorized women for the last 50 years.

She said, “Someone is determined to keep Bill Cosby off TV,” alluding to people other than the women. “And it’s worked. All his contracts have been cancelled.”

...but, but, but, the mob!

Billionaire BET Founder Wants $14 Trillion in Black Reparations, NOW!​

BET Founder Bob Johnson called for a $14.7 Trillion reparations package for 42 million African Americans back in June of last year.

Johnson’s plan will offer a $350,767 one time cash payment to every African American in the US today who are descendants of slaves.Billionaire BET Founder Wants $14 Trillion in Black Reparations, NOW!

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
He pled guilty twice, the first time with the first prosecutor was for a plea deal, before Cosby's disposition, that if he tells the truth they won't go for a conviction. This is what the appeal court found in his favor not the narrative that he did nothing wrong that Cosby and company are trying to spin.

He is still a rapist that was set free

Bill Cosby Walks Free From Prison After Conviction Is Tossed

https://news.yahoo.com/bill-cosby-walk-prison-conviction-165250683.html
Mark Makela/Getty ImagesThe first major criminal conviction of the #MeToo era fell apart on Wednesday, with former TV star Bill Cosby walking out of prison a free man.The Pennsylvania State Supreme Court ruled Wednesday to vacate his 2018 conviction and sentence for sexual assault, finding that Cosby had been double-crossed by prosecutors who reneged on a public declaration not to prosecute him.

Reactions: Danbones

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Quaaludes are NOT known as a date rape drug.

The revelation this week that Bill Cosby admitted under oath to buying quaaludes to give to young women to have sex rocked the entertainment world and added fuel to the allegations that the comedian had drugged and sexually assaulted several women. But it also raised the question: Why would Cosby, who had the ability to hire the best legal counsel money could buy, make such a damning admission in the first place?

It turns out that Cosby’s disclosure about the quaaludes—which came during a 2005 deposition— may not have been as legally explosive then as it appears now.

Benjamin Brafman, a prominent New York criminal defense attorney, who does not represent Cosby, said the partial transcript of the deposition released by the Associated Press does not show that Cosby violated a law. Cosby apparently obtained quaaludes through a prescription, the AP reported.

In the deposition, which stemmed from a sexual abuse case against Cosby filed by a former Temple University employee, Cosby was asked by a lawyer, “When you got the quaaludes [in the 1970s], was it in your mind that you were going to use these quaaludes for young women that you wanted to have sex with?” Cosby answered, “Yes.”

Brafman said the transcript is damaging to Cosby and “will haunt him for the rest of his life,” but it does not show that he committed a crime.

:)
This is the type of thing that happens when someone " Not in the club", who is in a leading position that they have earned and wants to get bigger, oversteps their "Bounds".

How many dumb a$$ effe tards ( on this thread even) have used a bottle of booze ( OR OUTRIGHT CASH!!! ) to get laid the same ol, same ol, way I wonder, eh? Should we check the humpday thread to see?

Last edited:

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
This is hilarious; the moron who goes all "You're a Pedo!" to everyone who doesn't agree with him...

Defends rapists.

I am so not shocked.

As for the scumbag who got released on a technicality... the sooner he drops dead, the better. I'm just shocked his dead didn't happen in prison.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
And there is the beardie in little girls room laughing it up!
;)
So what? As A "LIEBARREL" have you fallen for the Ripple wine magnum in the no tell motel and had several abortions at the tax payers expense because of it like so many others self identifying as "liberal gals" have? Those truck stop lizards have to come from somewhere.

but it does not show that he committed a crime.
The epsteen defending mob has arrived! say I recall how you hung the partriots for killing that officer who died of natural causes on Jan 6, so HAHA, you can STFU any time mz mob.

Last edited:

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
And there is the beardie in little girls room laughing it up!

And by that you assume I'm Trans? Correction, I'm not and of course I'd be 'in the little girls room', I'm female.

LOL - so what... that you defend rapists and yet harp about pedophiles without proof?

As A "LIEBARREL"

Not a liberal, not a liebarrel... whatever that is...

have you fallen for the Ripple wine magnum in the no tell motel

Um... no?

and had several abortions at the tax payers expense

No because even if I had become pregnant at some point, my CHOICE would be continue a pregnancy.

because of it like so many others self identifying as "liberal gals" have?

WTF you showing your ignorance about now? FFS dude...

Those truck stop lizards have to come from somewhere.

??

Seriously, as a friend of mine said today about another weird post... what in the crack?

Reactions: taxslave

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Court overturns Bill Cosby sexual assault conviction, orders release​

The decision came after Cosby had served more than two years of a potential three- to 10-year sentence, following his 2018 conviction.

Publishing date:
Jun 30, 2021 • Last Updated 8 minutes ago •

FILE - In this Sept. 24, 2018, file photo, Bill Cosby departs after a sentencing hearing at the Montgomery County Courthouse in Norristown, Pa. Cosbys trial judge is rejecting the actor's bid for a new trial or sentencing hearing and directing him to file any appeals with the state Superior Court. Cosby is serving a three- to 10-year state prison term after a jury this year convicted him of drugging and molesting a woman at his home in 2004. (AP Photo/Matt Slocum, File)'s bid for a new trial or sentencing hearing and directing him to file any appeals with the state Superior Court. Cosby is serving a three- to 10-year state prison term after a jury this year convicted him of drugging and molesting a woman at his home in 2004. (AP Photo/Matt Slocum, File)
FILE - In this Sept. 24, 2018, file photo, Bill Cosby departs after a sentencing hearing at the Montgomery County Courthouse in Norristown, Pa. Cosby's trial judge is rejecting the actor's bid for a new trial or sentencing hearing and directing him to file any appeals with the state Superior Court. Cosby is serving a three- to 10-year state prison term after a jury this year convicted him of drugging and molesting a woman at his home in 2004. PHOTO BY MATT SLOCUM /AP

Pennsylvania’s highest court on Wednesday overturned Bill Cosby’s sexual assault conviction and ordered that he be released from prison immediately.

The decision by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court came after Cosby had served more than two years of a potential three- to 10-year sentence, following his 2018 conviction.

The court found that a previous prosecutor had made a deal with Cosby not to charge him in the case.

The comedian and actor was best known for his role as the lovable husband and father in the 1980s television comedy series “The Cosby Show,” earning him the nickname “America’s Dad.”

But his family-friendly reputation was shattered after dozens of women accused him of sexual assault over a period of decades. His conviction was widely seen as a landmark moment in the #MeToo movement that brought forth an array of allegations against powerful men in Hollywood and beyond.

Cosby was found guilty of sexually assaulting Andrea Constand in his home in 2004 after giving her unidentified pills. (Reporting by Jonathan Stempel in New York and Joseph Ax in Princeton, New Jersey Editing by Alistair Bell)
I think Mr. Cosby wants to be very, very careful as there are male relatives of the females he assaulted who could very easily be the accidental cause of an assassination!

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
One of those little whores that accused him said she was 15 and met him at the Playboy Mansion..

First off where are the parents of that lying cunt, that a 15 year old is alone at the Playboy mansion..

Home he can sue them.. everyone of those bitches need to eat a bullet..

Anyone one want Jello 😂

• Haha
Reactions: taxslave

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
One of those little whores that accused him said she was 15 and met him at the Playboy Mansion..

First off where are the parents of that lying cunt, that a 15 year old is alone at the Playboy mansion..

Home he can sue them.. everyone of those bitches need to eat a bullet..

Anyone one want Jello 😂
So you think they all lied?