Canada’s Green Shift Could Displace Three-Quarters Of Oil Workers

Liberal Feminist

Time Out
May 14, 2021
Oil and gas is not going away as long as we choose to live North of 40 deg latitude. Ever. The only thing that comes anywhere close to providing the energy required by society is nuclear, and pretty sure I can guess what your perspective is on that option.

Not that it matters anyhow, nuclear (and pretty much every other energy resource option available) would never clear Trudeau's required gender based analysis bar. the irony of all this is that Canada's continuously increasing energy costs and punitive energy taxes without a doubt have the greatest negative impact on low income Canadians. Wonder why PM banana-stuffer's assinine GBA nonsense never seems to take this into consideration.
Oh look another Con child.

How can you not get people don't want to translate your trash posts and replies.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Oh look another Con child.

How can you not get people don't want to translate your trash posts and replies.
Why don't you give a counter argument a try instead of resorting to your typical caustic insults and silly political bigotry. You may actually be taken somewhat seriously instead of looking like a childish partisan moron. There's enough idiocy around already, why follow that crowd?

Or maybe you're just unable to come up with anything useful.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Why don't you give a counter argument a try instead of resorting to your typical caustic insults and silly political bigotry. You may actually be taken somewhat seriously instead of looking like a childish partisan moron. There's enough idiocy around already, why follow that crowd?

And to think it has me ignore because it calls me childish. :ROFLMAO: One thing I learned, if you really wanna trigger and piss off a leftard, just play their games right back at them. They're not going to listen to facts or reason anyway because their precious Marxist-feminist-CRT jabberwocky has all the answers, as unproven as those idiotic theories are,

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Hate to break it to you toots, but my post was fairly straightforward and pretty easy to understand. Your lack of comprehension is on you, educate yourself.

One thing I learned, if you really wanna trigger and piss off a leftard, just play their games right back at them.
I actually wasn't trying to trigger anyone. I thought they might be here for more than just the familiar trollish drive bys and virtuous self-righteous preaching. Guess I was wrong.

Last edited:

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Does that include GHG emissions from oil we have exported?
In fact it does. There's an organization that tracks the global power supply from resource extraction all the way to final use. Unfortunately their name escapes me as it was a few years ago when I stumbled upon them by accident in a search engine but the info stuck. They also debunked the claim that Canada's oil sands are 3X more carbon intensive than traditional oil deposits. Because of the technology being used in the Canadian oil patch, from well to wheel it's about 1.5 times as carbon intensive as "traditional" oil. For some perspective on that, bio-plastics are 1.7X more carbon intensive than petroleum-based plastics made from "traditional" oil.
Once again, Canada is NOT the problem.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Hate to break it to you toots, but my post was fairly straightforward and pretty easy to understand. Your lack of comprehension is on you, educate yourself.

I actually wasn't trying to trigger anyone. I thought they might be here for more than just the familiar trollish drive bys and virtuous self-righteous preaching. Guess I was wrong.
Whoever it is, is just a rehash of Tyger-not-too-bright. Same syntax, very similar insults and wording.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Yes yes yes and blah blah blah. I dealt with that a few posts back. Nobody is complaining about non-polluting uses of oil, it’s burning it that’s the issue. As its use as a fuel declines the oil sands is going to be left out of the market because their product won’t be able to compete with traditional crude source
According to BP (and perhaps other companies) who need to constantly re-evaluate oil reserves, we have at least 50+ years of oil available at current usage and maybe more. Unfortunately, the people who were screaming about running out of oil in what, the 70's or 80's were wrong. Technology has since improved, and better ways of getting at the oil have improved both economically & environmentally for the oil companies involved and which we all benefit from. The oil sands are proof that we can improve our GHG over a period of time and we will do so even more as technology improves.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Texas and Louisiana are crying for the stuff as are the Chinese. California can't keep up.

Ever been to Houston? Baton Rouge?

View attachment 8967

Shell and it's brand new.
Be nice if we could get our product to the East Coast where there is a refinery that we could easily use. Too many heads with their butts up their a$$ especially if they're pockets aren't lined enough!!

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
According to BP (and perhaps other companies) who need to constantly re-evaluate oil reserves, we have at least 50+ years of oil available at current usage and maybe more. Unfortunately, the people who were screaming about running out of oil in what, the 70's or 80's were wrong. Technology has since improved, and better ways of getting at the oil have improved both economically & environmentally for the oil companies involved and which we all benefit from. The oil sands are proof that we can improve our GHG over a period of time and we will do so even more as technology improves.
Not to mention our efficiency in consumption of oil and gas products. This is something that didn't seem to factor into the "peak oil" equation.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Not to mention our efficiency in consumption of oil and gas products. This is something that didn't seem to factor into the "peak oil" equation.
"Peak oil", another term altered from its original meaning to fit a narrative. "Peak oil" originally signified the low hanging fruit. The shit that was quick and easy to get at, ie: the most profitable deposits. That is what was meant by peak oil, peak profitability. The term was never intended to describe actual global usage.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
In fact it does. There's an organization that tracks the global power supply from resource extraction all the way to final use. Unfortunately their name escapes me as it was a few years ago when I stumbled upon them by accident in a search engine but the info stuck. They also debunked the claim that Canada's oil sands are 3X more carbon intensive than traditional oil deposits. Because of the technology being used in the Canadian oil patch, from well to wheel it's about 1.5 times as carbon intensive as "traditional" oil. For some perspective on that, bio-plastics are 1.7X more carbon intensive than petroleum-based plastics made from "traditional" oil.
Isn't that the same ones that said Canada is actually a sink for Carbon due to our vast forests and grasslands?

Liberal Feminist

Time Out
May 14, 2021

Why should I bother you and others here are crystal clear to what the results would be.

Toots?

So you're an old Con with all the trash that comes with it.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
I never said it was, but it is part of the problem in that it is an oil user and an oil exporter, and burning oil has been getting enough bad press that a significant part of the world is working to limit its use.

What I have been saying all along is that as the global supply moves into surplus from dropping demand, and completion for markets gets stiffer that oilsands oil will fiund it increaingly harder to compete. This is not environmentalism, it’s business. Oilsands oil already sells at a discount because of limited market access.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Do you have an example of an energy source that can go head to head with O&G for bare market price, availability, and reliability?
Would you like to put a price on a healthy future for the planet ? They’ve been pushing the science at us for decades and we wouldn’t listen, now we’re coming up on do-or-die. It’s not about the money any more.

• Love
Reactions: Liberal Feminist

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Why should I bother you and others here are crystal clear to what the results would be.

Toots?

So you're an old Con with all the trash that comes with it.
OK, maybe I was trying to trigger someone a little. Figure I'd try your game since you were having some trouble keeping up.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Would you like to put a price on a healthy future for the planet ? They’ve been pushing the science at us for decades and we wouldn’t listen, now we’re coming up on do-or-die. It’s not about the money any more.
So that's a no from you? Why don't you quit your job? You make your current living supporting workers in Ft. Mac. in the dirty Oilsands