Colorado supermarket mass shooting leaving 10 dead

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Hey did you ever think that if we wanted to follow this Jack guy on Twitter , we would ?

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
There is such a thing as overkill .
He seems to be the most up to date on what is going on but I'll leave it to you now, I'll check in for what you post that's up to date ;)

I'll wait for your post on the Virginia beach shooting leaving 9 injured and 2 dead, as well as the elementary school teacher arrested for her ANTIFA activity

Or the Philadelphia shooting 7 shot outside a night club

Last edited:
Reactions: petros

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
He seems to be the most up to date on what is going on but I'll leave it to you now, I'll check in for what you post that's up to date ;)

I'll wait for your post on the Virginia beach shooting leaving 9 injured and 2 dead, as well as the elementary school teacher arrested for her ANTIFA activity

Or the Philadelphia shooting 7 shot outside a night club
Why ?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Anyway PGS I'm just messing with you remember not to long ago I wrote for Das that if another complaint came in about twitter links came in I would stop

So I'll stop
Every thread I go into takes time to load all the tweets , then I have to scroll through them even though I have already seen it , to get to newest posts . Every thread gets to be a bit much .

Reactions: Twin_Moose

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Seven dead, including suspect, in shooting at birthday party, but children spared
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Publishing date:May 09, 2021 • 7 hours ago • 2 minute read • Join the conversation
Lights of a police car.
Lights of a police car. Getty Images
Article content
COLORADO SPRINGS — A man shot six people to death, including his girlfriend, before fatally shooting himself at a birthday party in Colorado Springs, Colorado, early on Sunday, sparing the children present inside a trailer at a mobile home park, officials said.

“The suspect, a boyfriend of one of the female victims, drove to the residence, walked inside and began shooting people at the party before taking his own life,” said a statement released by the Colorado Springs Police Department.

Police arrived to find six people dead plus a seventh who was seriously wounded and died after being taken to a hospital, the statement said.

“Friends, family, and children were gathered inside the trailer to celebrate when the shooting occurred,” according to the statement.

A motive has yet to be determined.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below.
Article content

The massacre about 70 miles (110 km) south of Denver is the latest in a resurgence of mass shootings in the United States after such occurrences seemed to recede during the height of coronavirus pandemic restrictions.

Among the incidents this year was one in Boulder, Colorado, where a 21-year-old man has been charged with killing 10 people in a March 22 shooting spree at a supermarket about 30 miles (50 km) northwest of Denver. That came less than a week after another 21-year-old gunman was accused of killing eight people at three Atlanta-area day spas.

Colorado was also the state where two other deadly rampages took place, both in the Denver area: the 1999 shooting at Columbine High School that killed 15 people including the two perpetrators, and the 2012 shooting in an Aurora movie theater that killed 12 people and wounded about 70. The Aurora shooter is serving a life sentence.

The recent shootings have revived the gun control debate, with Democratic President Joe Biden calling them a “national embarrassment” and calling for new legislation from Congress.

But he faces an uphill battle in the face of opposition by gun rights advocates including Republicans and some Democrats who cite the U.S. Constitution’s protection of gun ownership rights.

Colorado Springs Police Chief Vince Niski said that “my heart breaks for the families” in Sunday’s attack and promised to support them.

“My vow to this community and to the families who have lost someone today, is that this department will do everything we can to find you the answers you deserve and be here for you with an unwavering support,” Niski said in the police statement.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Police said they withheld releasing details of the shooting for several hours “in order to properly and respectfully notify family members of the deceased and ensure support was in place.”

The names of the victims will be released later, the statement said.

The shooting happened within the Canterbury Manufactured Home Community, a mobile home park of some 470 trailers on the southeast side of town, near the Colorado Springs airport.

Police blocked off the area, where a mobile crime lab was parked near the home. A small group of adults stood nearby, some of them audibly sobbing, along with a small child.

It took place as Americans observed Mother’s Day on Sunday, “celebrating the women in our lives,” Colorado Governor Jared Polis said in a statement.

“Multiple lives were taken today by this terrible act of violence. Families torn apart, and at a birthday party no less,” Polis said.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Suspected Colorado supermarket shooter appears in court, faces more charges
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Keith Coffman
Publishing date:May 25, 2021 • 17 hours ago • 1 minute read • Join the conversation
Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa, suspect of the King Soopers grocery store shooting in March, appears in a Boulder County District courtroom at the Boulder County Justice Center in Boulder, Colo., Tuesday, May 25, 2021.
Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa, suspect of the King Soopers grocery store shooting in March, appears in a Boulder County District courtroom at the Boulder County Justice Center in Boulder, Colo., Tuesday, May 25, 2021. PHOTO BY MATTHEW JONAS / BOULDER DAILY CAMERA / HANDOUT /REUTERS
Article content
DENVER — A 22-year-old man accused of fatally shooting 10 people at a Colorado grocery store in March made a brief court appearance on Tuesday, a day after prosecutors added dozens of new charges stemming from the rampage.

Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa now faces 115 charges related to the March 22 mass shooting at a King Soopers supermarket in Boulder, Colorado, about 28 miles northwest of Denver.

He previously was charged with 10 counts of first-degree murder and more than 30 counts of attempted murder, among other offenses.

On Tuesday, Boulder County District Court Judge Ingrid Bakke set a September 7 date for a preliminary hearing, when prosecutors will lay out their evidence and Bakke will decide if it is sufficient to move ahead with the case.

On Monday, prosecutors added dozens of new counts of attempted murder, weapons, and assault charges.

District Attorney Michael Dougherty said in a written statement that investigators have identified other victims, leading to the additional charges.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
“Based on developments in the ongoing investigation, the District Attorney’s Office has determined that additional crimes and sentence enhancers must be charged in this matter,” Dougherty said.

The state public defender’s office, which represents Alissa, does not comment on its cases outside of court, but at an earlier hearing a defense lawyer said Alissa has a “mental illness.”

If convicted of first-degree murder, Alissa faces a mandatory life sentence without the possibility of parole.

Prosecutors allege Alissa opened fire with a semiautomatic pistol that he had legally purchased. He surrendered after he was wounded by police during an exchange of gunfire.

Prosecutors said they have not yet determined a possible motive for the attack.

Alissa, who has not entered a plea, is being held without bond at an undisclosed lockup.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Give me a break, this bitch is just another who does not give an absolute flying fuck about anyone (per Serryh) I agree wholeheartedly!!

Considering I don't see anything she said wrong with those tweets you posted...

Maybe don't bring me into a conversation where you make a total ass out of yourself thinking you speak for me, or something.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
So raging against the white mass shooter and then dismissing it after it is revealed the shooter isn't white is a nothing to see here moment? Ok gotcha carry on

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
So raging against the white mass shooter and then dismissing it after it is revealed the shooter isn't white is a nothing to see here moment? Ok gotcha carry on

You obviously saw more tweets than the ones Dixie posted.

I agree with Ilhan that people seem so super concerned with the race/color of the shooters when they aren't white, but soon as they are shown to be white, it's excuses after excuses.

I'm sorry, but having a bad day does NOT constitute a shooting excuse.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
You obviously saw more tweets than the ones Dixie posted.

I agree with Ilhan that people seem so super concerned with the race/color of the shooters when they aren't white, but soon as they are shown to be white, it's excuses after excuses.

I'm sorry, but having a bad day does NOT constitute a shooting excuse.
You seem to have the races mixed up and the shooters bad day dude was from Atlanta

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah