Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
B.C. tops 1,000 active COVID-19 cases for first time
https://bc.ctvnews.ca/covid-19-update-b-c-tops-1-000-active-covid-19-cases-for-first-time-1.5086397
......seems that people are not being as responsible in following the directives as they should be. So their behavior is contributing to the increase in numbers. It is not like they don't know what to do.
Wear your mask and keep your distance.......... What is so hard about that?? Unless.... folks WANT this pandemic to continue indefinitely....... with more loss of life etc.
Oh, no!

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
https://elemental.medium.com/a-supe...teresting-new-theory-has-emerged-31cb8eba9d63

Interesting read and if this does prove out to be true, hopefully it means better treatments for anyone affected.
That has to be one of the best articles on the Virus that I have read. The physiology / pathology dynamics make sense. It could be the foundation to expand the knowledge and come up with workable treatments.

Thanks for posting it. Very informative indeed.

Was listening to Chris Cuoma describe the symptoms he still has.......... and this theory would explain all of them. (including what he calls "fog brain". "Leaky" blood vessels on such a big scale would have a profound effect on various organs. Interesting about the ACE inhibitors..........and yet it makes physiological sense.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
That has to be one of the best articles on the Virus that I have read. The physiology / pathology dynamics make sense. It could be the foundation to expand the knowledge and come up with workable treatments.

Thanks for posting it. Very informative indeed.

Was listening to Chris Cuoma describe the symptoms he still has.......... and this theory would explain all of them. (including what he calls "fog brain". "Leaky" blood vessels on such a big scale would have a profound effect on various organs. Interesting about the ACE inhibitors..........and yet it makes physiological sense.
Chris Cuomo and fog brain , makes sense.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The school restart in BC is about to happen and I have not met or talked to a single person who is comfortable with it. Most people seems to be taking a wait and see attitude.
The testing data is not good. It is bad and trending worse. And BC does not have an especially rigorous testing program We have tested well below the Canadian average.
The school board has been very good about reaching out and keeping people informed and aware of the protocols and their reasoning. They consider children to be poor spreaders of the sickness and they feel with distancing and proper safety measures they can pull off classroom instruction. But that is not the teachers saying that. That is the board.
In the end the parents will decide. A good many will not be sending their kids to school.
At the college level the teaching staff is going to be online only except where practicums are necessary like in nursing and building trades. That said - support staff will be live and in person as always.
BC teachers will always find something to complain about. Even if they had total control of the education system, which they basically do they will still whine.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
"Leaky" blood vessels on such a big scale would have a profound effect on various organs. Interesting about the ACE inhibitors..........and yet it makes physiological sense.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Vitamin K can mean the difference between shake it off at home or being hospitalized. K is an anticoagulant and ramps up the efficiency of the vasodilators.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Vitamin K can mean the difference between shake it off at home or being hospitalized. K is an anticoagulant and ramps up the efficiency of the vasodilators.
It might depend on what other medications a person is on. But what you say makes physiological sense.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
What this CDC report confirms is that it had been instructed to change the methodology with a view to artificially inflating the numbers of “Covid deaths”. It constitutes an admission that the causes of death were manipulated. The 2003 guidelines for establishing death certificates had been cancelled.

CDC Now Admits that 94% of COVID Deaths Had “Another Cause of Death”

At the outset of the pandemic, the CDC had been instructed to change the methodology regarding Death Certificates with a view to artificially inflating the numbers of “Covid deaths”. This is confirmed by the H. Ealy, M. McEvoy study quoted below.
The latest CDC report does not acknowledge a 94% “error” in the data pertaining to “Covid deaths”, It nonetheless confirms that 94% of the deaths attributed to Covid have “comorbidities”,(i.e. deaths dues other causes).
For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death. The number of deaths with each condition or cause is shown for all deaths and by age groups.
When the Covid data is reported, the other causes of death are simply not mentioned. It should be understood that the RT-PCR test used to “identify” Covid (PCR positive cases) is totally meaningless. A positive PCR does not confirm that the patient has the Covid disease.

More: https://www.globalresearch.ca/cdc-says-94-covid-deaths-had-underlying-condition/5722646
that article is questionable. Have you read some of the other items on that site?? Lots of really weird stuff on there. Stuff that would play well on Fox

If anything , the numbers have been suppressed so as not to look bad and reflect badly on trump. this is why he minimizes the whole thing........wants to reduce testing......( testing can increase the numbers .......and that affects his image) He has dealt with this pandemic with the " If he ignores it, it will go away" approach.

EVERYTHING and EVERY decision he makes has some benefit for HIM.......... He could care less about how many die from the pandemic. Just like he could care less about the victims of Police violence. and brutality.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
If the Americans develop the vaccine first, why should they be forced to distribute it to other places before applying it to their own citizens?

They shouldn't be - at risk of being "left out in the cold" in another time and situation! "What goes around comes around"

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
If the Americans develop the vaccine first, why should they be forced to distribute it to other places before applying it to their own citizens?
I think that whatever country develops the vaccine first........ the priority should go to vaccinating its own citizens first.......but it would be responsible to make it available to other places as soon ass possible.

But the Trump US is determined to go it alone and is demonstrating a lack of cooperation on a world wide crisis It wants to call all the shots.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I think that whatever country develops the vaccine first........ the priority should go to vaccinating its own citizens first.......but it would be responsible to make it available to other places as soon ass possible.

But the Trump US is determined to go it alone and is demonstrating a lack of cooperation on a world wide crisis It wants to call all the shots.
This world wide Crisis has killed all of 208 British Columbians in eight months . Most in long term care , maybe we should all head for the hills . The virus has landed . H.G.Welles would be proud .

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
This world wide Crisis has killed all of 208 British Columbians in eight months . Most in long term care , maybe we should all head for the hills . The virus has landed . H.G.Welles would be proud .

Although I would NEVER call you "pigs", I can certainly understand why many do!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

It might pay off in the long run if 10% was reserved for where it's needed in other countries.