Merry Christmas..!!!

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Epic fail.

The Christmas tree has its origins in Protestant medieval Livonia (modern Estonia and Latvia) and Protestant early modern Germany. It was popularised by Queen Victoria's husband Prince Albert. The Christmas tree is a Protestant, not pagan, innovation.

As for the pagans, I tend to think to think of them as rather arrogant, backward and sinister.

That classic 1973 British horror movie The Wicker Man comes to mind.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Epic fail.

The Christmas tree has its origins in Protestant medieval Livonia (modern Estonia and Latvia) and Protestant early modern Germany. It was popularised by Queen Victoria's husband Prince Albert. The Christmas tree is a Protestant, not pagan, innovation.

As for the pagans, I tend to think to think of them as rather arrogant, backward and sinister.

As usual, you have no clue about what you speak.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I ask you Blackie............have you ever met a Wiccan? You may be surprised to learn that the vast majority of us are modest, forward thinking, and a good many of us are dextral.

FPS, Blackie it was fiction.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017

So why is an ATHEIST like you...............................

PRAYING TO SANTA CLAUS - the major symbol of Christmas.................................

to bring you a LIE-beral majority govt that will RESTORE the LIE-beral gravy train....................

and resume BRIBING YOUR TRIBE - with BORROWED MONEY????????????

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
As usual, you have no clue about what you speak.

I'm right. The Christmas tree is a Protestant innovation from the now defunct country of Livonia and Germany. It was popularised by the British royal dynasty the Hanoverians - who were of German descent.

If you don't believe me, you could always partake in your own research if you dare.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I ask you Blackie............have you ever met a Wiccan? You may be surprised to learn that the vast majority of us are modest, forward thinking, and a good many of us are dextral.
FPS, Blackie it was fiction.

Well, I've obviously met a Wiccan now, haven't I?

There's a question I've always been meaning to ask you Wicca folk: Why do you try to have us believe that you're an ancient religion which predates Christianity when, in fact, you were founded in modern times - by Gerald Gardner, a British retired civil servant, in 1954?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I'm right. The Christmas tree is a Protestant innovation from the now defunct country of Livonia and Germany. It was popularised by the British royal dynasty the Hanoverians - who were of German descent.

If you don't believe me, you could always partake in your own research if you dare.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017

There is ample evidence to indicate that the practice of bringing.....................................

Evergreen branches into the home as the winter solstice approached...........................

was a pagan ritual intended to appease the Sun Gods and Mother Nature and etc..............................

to prove that our ancestors honoured Green and growing things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think of it in terms of a prayer for an early spring and a good crop in the coming year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This bringing of Evergreen boughs into the home DEFINITELY PRE-DATES Christianity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Medieval Peasants had room only for a bough or two........................

Centuries later Germanic royalty such as Alberta- the husband of Queen Victoria had room enough for a whole tree..........................

and yes Albert popularized the idea of a Christmas TREE in England and the idea spread from there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
With each passing day, I am convinced Cliffy is full fledged Autistic.

Dunno about that, but a few years ago an old co-worker and I were coming out of Tim Horton , when an old bearded fellow comes in on the driveway sitting on a noisy Harley..
The friend says.......will you look at that!.......A Pig on a Hog!

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
There is ample evidence to indicate that the practice of bringing.....................................

Evergreen branches into the home as the winter solstice approached...........................

was a pagan ritual intended to appease the Sun Gods and Mother Nature and etc..............................

to prove that our ancestors honoured Green and growing things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Think of it in terms of a prayer for an early spring and a good crop in the coming year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This bringing of Evergreen boughs into the home DEFINITELY PRE-DATES Christianity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Medieval Peasants had room only for a bough or two........................
Centuries later Germanic royalty such as Alberta- the husband of Queen Victoria had room enough for a whole tree..........................
and yes Albert popularized the idea of a Christmas TREE in England and the idea spread from there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a Protestant innovation is the Christmas tree.

I've researched it. You obviously haven't.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Well, I've obviously met a Wiccan now, haven't I?

You have...........and may Gaia bless you. :smile:

There's a question I've always been meaning to ask you Wicca folk: Why do you try to have us believe that you're an ancient religion which predates Christianity when, in fact, you were founded in modern times - by Gerald Gardner, a British retired civil servant, in 1954?
I don't proselytize my beliefs, Blackie. I do not belong to a coven. I am what is known as a Solitaire. I also don't limit myself to Wicca alone. My beliefs embrace many different spiritual philosophies. So I don't really care who did what or when. My only care is for the teachings.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
You have...........and may Gaia bless you. :smile:
I don't proselytize my beliefs, Blackie. I do not belong to a coven. I am what is known as a Solitaire. I also don't limit myself to Wicca alone. My beliefs embrace many different spiritual philosophies. So I don't really care who did what or when. My only care is for the teachings.
Blackberry thinks everything was invented in England. He once claimed the telephone was invented there. And cars.