Wear a Poppy, says Don Cherry

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
To me if you wear a poppy it means you reallly appreciate the effort the military peeps made so You can live the comfortable life that You do peacefully..
One of many symbols of gratitude

I volunteer to help veterans, that way it's not just symbolic

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
I said to my native boss today,

"Hey Dave is it true non whites don't pay respects to veterans for Nov 11?, they just want a bunch of free handouts?"

He looked at me and said, "Get out of my country Don Cherry Jr".

It was a good laugh all around but one most of the people here wouldnt understand. Understand the type of humour we have.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
It's a really odd situation here in Vancouver-it's rare now to see a white face in the cadets/scouts selling Poppies on the streets but I watched them selling for over 30 minutes this AM down at Granville Island Market and not one non-white bought a Poppy-makes you think doesn't it?!

Makes you think for sure.

WW2 started in China when Japan invaded Manchuria and I believe the Chinese lost the most people in WW2.

If they don't want to remember their dead together with us when we remember our dead then that's on them. **** em

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
We'll have troops gathering in Victoria Square in front of the town hall with hundreds of members of the public in attendance soon to mark Armistice Day.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Remember, remember the 10th of November.

Being that this thread was already off-track I thought I would take the opportunity to remember the 29 lives lost when the Edmund Fitzgerald went down to the depths.
Yes another year when the gales of November came early .

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
How Cree Code Talkers From Alberta Helped Win the Second World War

Coded messages based on the Cree language made it difficult for the enemy to monitor and decipher Allied transmissions during the Second World War.

Alberta is where the oilsands are from, ergo, the Cree code talkers are to be denigrated for any and everything

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
poor racist wants to talk about the racist getting fired but he cant come on my thread about it.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Sportsnet worries about ratings. Trumpites triggered by free market

Pretty much spot on.

Don's an icon, lots of people watch(ed) him.

Though the air time might be 'his', it's also bought and paid for by the employer. He fuked up by saying what he did. Makes the company look "Bad".

They could have asked him to apologize, but that was pointless.

So they rightly fired his ass.

BTW, very few countries actually use a poppy on Remembrance day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remembrance_poppy

So how many of those not wearing a poppy weren't because they didn't realize it was a 'thing'?

Of course because I didn't wear one for a few years, I'm now regulated as an ungrateful, ignorant waste of space person. Nevermind the reasons why I didn't and nevermind I staunchly support vets...

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Well it's still a free country and I support his right to say what he did. He might have said it differently so as not to "offend" so many SJW's but then that's not Don. He's as un-PC as you can get and I admire him for that. We need to be more like him and try to get rid of this PC crap otherwise how can we have a decent conversation anymore? Too many "feelings" are killing debates and conversations all around the world. God forbid if we actually say what we mean! It's ridiculous!

JMHO

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Funny how Trumpites think “it’s a free country” and support Don’s right to speak his mind on the company’s dime but lost their shit when Colin Kaepernick did it.