What's Trump Done Now?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Well I have seen successive liberal and conservative governments in all my years and we still have all the same problems . I have watched our debt grow year after year our government ministries getting larger and larger , the senate getting more members , yet we have solved nothing in all that time . Now all the main parties want more of our monies while we already hand over 50% of our labour to one level of government or another . Good idea let’s give the same guys another chance .

The best thing Canadians can and should do is never re-elect an incumbent, if we did that none would get the lucrative pension . That one simple act alone would do much to weed out deadwood .

I won't get any better, pgs. The biggest problem is with the electorate. We want zero taxes, we want free medical, dental, cheap housing, gov't services. The human animal is the only one who has money (which we had to earn), nobody else in chipping in. In short "WE" are the government! Sorry to deliver bad news.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I won't get any better, pgs. The biggest problem is with the electorate. We want zero taxes, we want free medical, dental, cheap housing, gov't services. The human animal is the only one who has money (which we had to earn), nobody else in chipping in. In short "WE" are the government! Sorry to deliver bad news.
I understand all that . I also understand that the bureaucracy can only grow if the elected representatives allocate the funds . We as a society must slow bureaucratic growth or it will consume us . Already we pay over 50% of our labour to various levels of government with no sign of relief in sight . How much more can be squeezed out ?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I understand all that . I also understand that the bureaucracy can only grow if the elected representatives allocate the funds . We as a society must slow bureaucratic growth or it will consume us . Already we pay over 50% of our labour to various levels of government with no sign of relief in sight . How much more can be squeezed out ?

Yep we have two (at least) problems. Greed, mainly among the wealthy (substantiated by the fact that when I first entered the work force the top C.E.O. was paid 7 times what the lowest guy on the totem pole received, now it's over 50 times the amount. The second problem is we all demand to many services delivered at no cost. Another serious problem is an "accumulation jam". Just look at all the shit we are paying for that isn't necessary (and I'm as guilty as the next guy) Look at all the shit now used to replace the radio and the library book. There used to be one vehicle parked in the yard, now there are boats, R.V.s, Quads, snow mobiles. All this shit is killing us both financially and physically. Does anyone walk anywhere any more? The biggest problem of all is that is it's only people my age who recognize the problem. Young kids today wouldn't know wtf I'm taking about! :)

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Yep we have two (at least) problems. Greed, mainly among the wealthy (substantiated by the fact that when I first entered the work force the top C.E.O. was paid 7 times what the lowest guy on the totem pole received, now it's over 50 times the amount. The second problem is we all demand to many services delivered at no cost. Another serious problem is an "accumulation jam". Just look at all the shit we are paying for that isn't necessary (and I'm as guilty as the next guy) Look at all the shit now used to replace the radio and the library book. There used to be one vehicle parked in the yard, now there are boats, R.V.s, Quads, snow mobiles. All this shit is killing us both financially and physically. Does anyone walk anywhere any more? The biggest problem of all is that is it's only people my age who recognize the problem. Young kids today wouldn't know wtf I'm taking about! :)
But at least all those toys are purchased from the results of ones labour, add to the economy and provide hours of enjoyment . Walking is fine , but carrying a 24 pack of buds two miles in the rain is no fun . I will drive thanks .

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
But at least all those toys are purchased from the results of ones labour, add to the economy and provide hours of enjoyment . Walking is fine , but carrying a 24 pack of buds two miles in the rain is no fun . I will drive thanks .

Hey, no wish to be a party pooper but skip the bud, wait for the rain to stop and take the walk. You'll be better off and $50 richer. :)

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Hey, no wish to be a party pooper but skip the bud, wait for the rain to stop and take the walk. You'll be better off and $50 richer. :)
The bud fits my budget , and the dog forces me to walk . My scenario works just as well with 50 bucks worth of groceries .

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Trump is like the energizer bunny. Just finished another rally this time in LA. So much energy for a man of any age much less a man of 73 years.

Last edited:

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Trump is like the energizer bunny. Just finished another rally this time in LA. So much energy for a man of any age much less a man of 73 years.

Most people with early onset Dementia have energy up the wazoo. They almost seem manic at times. It's why such patients are hard to handle, too.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Mother Teresa had lots of get up and go...So did Hitlary...(well, her doubles did)
;)
...what was your point again?

Last edited: