Gun Control is Completely Useless.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
We lived on a farm, my first firearm was a .22 cooey single shot.
I was 8 or 9 at the time.
After the usual instructions on safety and how to use it I would be given one single bullet and if I came back with a rabbit or a partridge I would get another one....If I missed I would have to skip a day.
The first firearm that I used was also a single shot .22 Cooey and it was on the range of (Scout) Camp Tamaracouta, in the Laurentians north of Montreal and our instructor was an ex Captain in the VanDoos.

... no screwing around with that guy watching you, boy.

I always had highly disciplined firearms training, wherever I went which may be why I feel that very few members of the public are properly qualified to even touch, let alone carry firearms.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
What did you use when the ejector broke off?? Good chicken gun and the short shells were 'quieter'.

Air cadets 10/10 on the 2nd target. After that I could have done the same all day long.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
What did you use when the ejector broke off?? Good chicken gun and the short shells were 'quieter'.
Air cadets 10/10 on the 2nd target. After that I could have done the same all day long.
Yeah, me too.

Eventually, I competed for a Naval unit ... against Army units ... and we beat them ... sometimes.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
The first firearm that I used was also a single shot .22 Cooey and it was on the range of (Scout) Camp Tamaracouta, in the Laurentians north of Montreal and our instructor was an ex Captain in the VanDoos.

... no screwing around with that guy watching you, boy.

I always had highly disciplined firearms training, wherever I went which may be why I feel that very few members of the public are properly qualified to even touch, let alone carry firearms.
My mother was the disciplinarian at home, no loading or unloading firearms in the house....
Cleaning the guns was done in the shed....even my dad had to abide by her rules In the house he always told us, she was the boss!
And she could shoot, Saw her shoot a fox that was trying to get into the chicken coop a hundred feet away and it was getting dark in the evening!

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
My mother was the disciplinarian at home, no loading or unloading firearms in the house....
Cleaning the guns was done in the shed....even my dad had to abide by her rules In the house he always told us, she was the boss!
And she could shoot, Saw her shoot a fox that was trying to get into the chicken coop a hundred feet away and it was getting dark in the evening!
My grandfather, uncles and all my country cousins grew up hunting but not me. I grew up in a suburb.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
cc recently admited to setting up an unofficial gun range and then proceeded to shoot a short range firearm at long range distances. I find this has an air of contempt for the law, and a lack of discipline.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
cc recently admited to setting up an unofficial gun range and then proceeded to shoot a short range firearm at long range distances. I find this has an air of contempt for the law, and a lack of discipline.
I was even with a retired policeman, at the time!

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
She was Jewish right. That is why you are the way your are. That explains a lot, you are a 'Momma's boy'. That alright, really,. . . cough.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
My grandfather, uncles and all my country cousins grew up hunting but not me. I grew up in a suburb.
I quit hunting a few years back.... maybe it's just me, but I think as you get older you don't have the stomach for killing animals....or it could be just me, or, other people I know that will just not admit to it....

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I quit hunting a few years back.... maybe it's just me, but I think as you get older you don't have the stomach for killing animals....or it could be just me, or, other people I know that will just not admit to it....

Nope- You got it right Sleepy!

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Well as long as you are eating meat, you are killing animals 1 of two ways 1- doing it yourself, or 2 having someone else do it for you. unless of course you are a vegetarian.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Yours sounds like a rational response.