Trudeau says 'erosion of trust,' bad communications sparked SNC-Lavalin controversy

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-snc-lavalin-1.5046438

I still believe Jody Wilson-Raybould's version of events; but to be fair, I'll acknowledge that the PM's is plausible even if not easy to believe, so I'll give him the benefit of the dobut on that.

Even if we give him the benefit of the doubt on this though, he's still essentially admitted to grossly lacking the necessary communication skills to fulfil the functions of the Prime Minister. While such miscommuncation of his intentions might have been forgivable in the first year of his mandate, one would think he would have improved his ability to clearly communicate by now.

For the last few years, he's jsut repeated himself like a broken record. Does he just lack the vocabulary to say anything else?

Even if we give him the benefit of the doubt on this, if his caucus is smart, they'll replace him fast before the next election with someone with somewhat better communication skills.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
This Prime Minister is the biggest lying P.O.S. I have ever seen. "I believe in transparency and my dad and daunting but innocent erosion of trust. It's Miss Wilson Raybould's fault."

Here are the facts.

• SNC LAVALIN lobbied the Liberal government for a DPA alternative.
  • The Liberals jammed the DPA legislation into an Omnibus bill hoping no one would notice.
  • The law passed.
  • The Liberal's start sniffing around getting SNC Lavalin a DPA
  • JWR is resistant and warns the PM of possible political interference.
  • For four months she is dogged by the PMO, and that Liberal lapdog Wernick, the moron who who thinks there will be an assassination this year thanks to the Social Media Vomitorium.
  • JWR is shuffled out of A.G. into Veterans Affairs.because Scott Brison retired, and just in a nick of time, way to get off that bloodyd ship of fools, Scott. She is told to brief the incoming puppet AG Lametti on the SNC Lavalin case, but they didn't move her for political expediency.
  • The story breaks
  • JT keeps JWR gagged until he can formulate a plan.
  • First attack her. Blame her while keeping her gagged through solicitor client privilege.
  • The attack goes on. Insiders call Raybould difficult to work with.
  • Raybould remains gagged.
  • But the pressure remains.
  • Political, media and public calls are made to allow JWR to speak.
  • Enter or should I say exit Gerald Butts (The sacrificial lamb in wolves clothing.)
  • He takes the heat off the PMO.
  • The Prime Minister finally bows to public pressure and allows JWR to testify.
  • Jody Wilson Raybould's testimony is explosive. She names the PMO, Wernick, Butts, and the Prime Minister himself.
  • Trudeau readies his key man, Gerald Butts to go in and frame up JWR as maybe better off doing something else, because she's certainly hasn't grasped that there is no "i" in team. She's a defensive woman after all and she should no her place. We make you AG, you do what the demented child king wants.
  • But before the Butt man can testify, couldn't resist, Jane Philpott, a key Liberal resigns from Trudeau's cabinet. Citing lost confidence.
  • Oh no, what do we do? Apologize? Deny?
  • Trudeau avoids questions, hopes the Butt man can deliver.
  • Butts testifies saying it was all a big misunderstanding. Dialogue and discussions. He didn't realize that Jody Wilson Raybould really meant "NO!" when she said "NO!" like 8 ****ing times. Given that he is the Prime Minister right hand man and best friend, you would assume he's a feminist and understand that "No means No!"
  • If she wanted us to stop she should have said something, says the PM and his Cronies.
  • She did, again and again and again. NO MEANS NO!
  • Now we are to believe that it was just a big misunderstanding and Jody Wilson Raybould should have told Trudeau, so that the conspiracy to collaborate with a crooked Quebec based company "Papineau" wouldn't have fallen apart the way it did.
  • Don't think there's a conspiracy.
  • Follow the bullets again.
  • "But be careful not to get shot," Michael Wernick.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
If the virtuous and above reproach Raybould is so shaken to the core by all of this top down rot, then why is she remaining in the Party? Answer me that one, please.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
If the virtuous and above reproach Raybould is so shaken to the core by all of this top down rot, then why is she remaining in the Party? Answer me that one, please.
She hasn't been kicked out of the party, yet because there iis someone there who's figured out that it would be suicidal to do so. Nobody likes a bully.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Raybould choosing to remain in the Liberal Party is like burning down your parent's house, and then walking through the front door asking when supper will be served.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Raybould choosing to remain in the Liberal Party is like burning down your parent's house, and then walking through the front door asking when supper will be served.
SO what's Jane Philpott's problem then? Her resignation statement was pretty friggin' scathing and yet she's remaining in the party. Maybe these are people that realized the ALT-left have hijacked the Liberals and understand they're gonna need people in the party to get the it back to left of center.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

Hoof, I don't get why you are calling her a turncoat or traitor. The A.G. is supposed to be non partisan and uphold the law. She did her job, if she hadn't she should have been canned. But she did and that is principled.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
SO what's Jane Philpott's problem then? Her resignation statement was pretty friggin' scathing and yet she's remaining in the party. Maybe these are people that realized the ALT-left have hijacked the Liberals and understand they're gonna need people in the party to get the it back to left of center.

The party is being run by an unqualified idiot. He was sinking in the polls before the sh!t hit the Lavalin.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
No argument but Trudeau is clearly ALT-left. I've yet to meet a sycophant of the ALT-left that isn't an unqualified idiot.
Conversely, I have never met a sycophant of the alt-right who isn't an unqualified idiot. Trump, Harper and Sheer come to mind.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
It is not the party itself that is the problem. It is the globullists that have taken over the party that are the problem. The best way to fix the problem is from the inside.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Conversely, I have never met a sycophant of the alt-right who isn't an unqualified idiot. Trump, Harper and Sheer come to mind.
Figures a welfare bum would call three of the better politicians down. Wouldn't want to have all that free money cut off.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
This Prime Minister is the biggest lying P.O.S. I have ever seen. "I believe in transparency and my dad and daunting but innocent erosion of trust. It's Miss Wilson Raybould's fault."

Here are the facts.

• Raybould remains gagged.

And still remains gagged for events which happened after Jan. 7th. We are only allowed to hear Butts' and Trudeau's version of why she was shuffled out of cabinet, not hers....and a motion to bring her back to fill in some holes is voted down by the Liberal majority committee. Tells you pretty much all you need to know.

Liberal MPs block effort to immediately invite Wilson-Raybould to testify further on SNC-Lavalin affair

“It seems grossly unfair, with all due respect, that we were allowing Mr. Butts to come and talk about what happened after she
cabinet but she can’t do so,”​
NDP justice critic Murray Rankin said.

Ms. Wilson-Raybould said she is still limited as to what she can say, since a cabinet order permitting her to speak without violating solicitor-client privilege and cabinet confidentiality does not apply to conversations that took place after she was shuffled out of the justice portfolio or in relation to her resignation.

Conservative MP Pierre Poilievre said the government must eliminate the "gag order” that prevents Ms. Wilson-Raybould from telling the whole truth.​