Gun Control is Completely Useless.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
https://toronto.citynews.ca/2018/12/18/person-shot-and-killed-in-jane-and-finch-area/

Is that area of Toronto trying to compete with the "Red Zone" in Detroit?

Take the legally owned guns away from honest citizens so that only criminals have guns!
It's the Liberal way....
It seems that way but how are those weapons getting into the hands of our nutballs??? Could it be from our next door neighbour?? To cure our problem we have to help them solve theirs. The Conservative way is to use force and the threat of such rather than reason to solve problems. Not smart.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
deatb by medical error is a mucb bigger problem. and I would think you are insane if you wanted to lump medical errors 5ogether witb the other deaths like disconnecting life support. Classification of death does matter. a medical errors leading to a heart attack is not the same as other heart attack incidents.
Only in Canada as our death by gun is so low. Should we do away with the medical profession and then import the same gun laws at the US. We could then shoot any of the medical profession when they make an error. Good grief what dumb arguments are being put up against reasonable gun control laws.

Well I have had my fun for the day !!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
It seems that way but how are those weapons getting into the hands of our nutballs??? Could it be from our next door neighbour?? To cure our problem we have to help them solve theirs. The Conservative way is to use force and the threat of such rather than reason to solve problems. Not smart.

but how are those weapons getting into the hands of our nutballs???

Not from licensed gun owners. Not in significant numbers.

RCI (I posted the link below) had an article on the lies told by gun control groups, the police, and the gov't.

RCI (Radio Canada International) is part of the CBC, a very anti-gun media outlet. Kudos to them for telling the truth.

You should read the entire article, but here are their conclusions:

About a third of “crime guns” seized by police aren’t firearms at all.

The claimed number of domestically sourced crime guns stated by the federal government, some police officers, and by gun-control lobby groups is wildly exaggerated at bes

The claimed number of straw purchases stated by the federal government, some police officers, and by gun-control lobby groups is wildly exaggerated at best​
http://www.rcinet.ca/en/2018/12/03/the-gun-debate-in-canada-where-lies-truth-part-1/

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
All guns are legally owned from their manufacture.

Therefore all guns used illegally by nutjobs come from legal owners.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
All guns are legally owned from their manufacture.

Therefore all guns used illegally by nutjobs come from legal owners.

Dear Dimwit.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/polic...ufacturing-ring-in-the-toronto-area-1.4213511

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/cr...t-in-machine-shop-west-of-edmonton-say-police

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/10/dean-weingarten/homemade-sub-machine-guns-australia-video/

Good articles, one from VICE, which you should love. (The last one. A guy tours the gun-making sites in Pakistan)

Last edited:

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
What is there to say?

Nobody manufactures illegal guns.

Every gun ever made started its life legally owned by its maker.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
What is there to say?

Nobody manufactures illegal guns.

Every gun ever made started its life legally owned by its maker.

Didn't even look, did you?

Okay, seeing as you are too ****ing stupid to even consider the inevitable fact that you are wrong about everything, here is what I posted.

A link to a news article about a machine shop building illegal submachine guns from scratch.......in Edmonton, Alberta.

A link to a news article about a Toronto area group building handguns and submachine guns.........manufacturing the receivers, then using parts from legal sources to complete the guns.

A link to a news article from Australia about the problem of homemade submachine guns in that country.

And the VICE article about Pakistanis building every gun imaginable from scratch, in the most primitive conditions.

I proved you wrong, dumbass.

Deal with it.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
No mass murderer has ever used a gun made in a metal shop in Alberta or whatever fairy tale you are spinning.

They use guns made by legal manufacturers.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
No mass murderer has ever used a gun made in a metal shop in Alberta or whatever fairy tale you are spinning.

They use guns made by legal manufacturers.

Thank God!

As the easiest gun to make in a basement machine shop is an SMG.

Of course you now limit the scope of what you said to mass shootings...........that was not the thrust of your original post.

BTW, your idiotic post above simply proves once again that you are a child, not only that, you're a spoiled, whiny, idiot child.

Anyone with a pinch of sense or decency can admit when they were mistaken.

Not you.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Thank God!
Of course you now limit the scope of what you said to mass shootings...........that was not the thrust of your original post.
BTW, your idiotic post above simply proves once again that you are a child, not only that, you're a spoiled, whiny, idiot child.
Not you.

Yes.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Only in Canada as our death by gun is so low. Should we do away with the medical profession and then import the same gun laws at the US. We could then shoot any of the medical profession when they make an error. Good grief what dumb arguments are being put up against reasonable gun control laws.
Well I have had my fun for the day !!
Clearly, you have formed an uninformed opinion.

A recent Johns Hopkins study claims more than 250,000 people in the U.S. die every year from medical errors. Other reports claim the numbers to be as high as 440,000. https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/22/medical-errors-third-leading-cause-of-death-in-america.html

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Thank God!

Not you.
You're just babbering your way around the point that no gun is created illegally,

they all begin life as the legal property of whoever makes them.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
You're just babbering your way around the point that no gun is created illegally,

they all begin life as the legal property of whoever makes them.

Idiot. (I've demoted you from "dimwit" as you seem to be simply getting increasingly stupid as time goes by.)

If I build an SMG (a prohibited weapon) just for my own use, I can do 10 years in prison.

It is NOT my "legal property", as I am prohibited from being in possession of such an item.

Give it up.

A life lesson for you.....when you find yourself in a hole, QUIT DIGGING!

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
All of the gun deaths that are happening are being done with weapons that were created by gun manufacturers.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Trump administration today moved to ban bump stocks, which were made famous by the angry old white guy who shot 58 people in Las Vegas with his legal firearms.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
but how are those weapons getting into the hands of our nutballs???

Not from licensed gun owners. Not in significant numbers.

RCI (I posted the link below) had an article on the lies told by gun control groups, the police, and the gov't.

RCI (Radio Canada International) is part of the CBC, a very anti-gun media outlet. Kudos to them for telling the truth.

You should read the entire article, but here are their conclusions:

http://www.rcinet.ca/en/2018/12/03/the-gun-debate-in-canada-where-lies-truth-part-1/
I am not against guns per say anymore than I am against a total ban on alcohol. It is about the rights of those who do not want to deal with the dangers inherent in either product.

It is ridiculous to arm every civilian in order feel protected against the government one voted for!! It assumes there are no decent humans. Banning alcohol, we know doesn't work. It can be made out of many products available to everyone.

So,we set the bar where the results prove to be best. Of course there is no perfect solutions only reasonable ones.

So is it reasonable to leave children, mentally challenged or disturbed persons or those who have already been convicted of criminal behaviours access to something that will harm them or others?. It means being vigillant in making sure that the rights of the weakest are protected. If that means one pays more for a license, must prove they know how to maintain, care for such a weapon so be it.

Be honest, admit hand guns are for use mainly against others of our own species.

The exagerations on both sides of reason for or against allowing hand guns must made for greatest protection of all........

Last edited: