Small businesses to start paying their fair share

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Where is this implemented?

Anywhere?

So what is the rate?

If you make 50 g's with a family do you pay 20%....30%...what's the number?

Does Walter even know or care given he is a good Christian and all?

Should taxes be a source of revenue? Or solely used to repair or offset damage done by the goods consumed?
Whose business is what I pay? There's lots of "Christians" but very few good Christians! :)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I'm not the coward here....and you are here every single day busy man.

Cons are favoured here.

Just look at the regulars like you.

You can be a phedophile and survive here as long as you are conservative....just ask Blackleaf.
If you weren't a coward would they stop punting you?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
No more pretending that family meal is on the clock.

What the new ‘income sprinkling’ rules mean for tax planning

This week the federal government announced a proposal to close tax loopholes it says will stop rich people from “gaining tax advantages that are not available to other Canadians.”

Everything you need to know about income sprinkling and how it will affect you | National Post

W.T.F. should they be paying any share? They provide a service to the local community and employ local people and take a lot of risks to do so. This mentality of ripping people off because they can is getting tiring.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
W.T.F. should they be paying any share? They provide a service to the local community and employ local people and take a lot of risks to do so. This mentality of ripping people off because they can is getting tiring.

I would support no business taxes as the default. Then taxes on specific businesses as exceptions:

1. Natural-resource-extraction.

2. Animal-husbandry.

3. Addictive products and services (e.g. tobacco, alcohol, marijuana, lottery tickets, etc.)

Maybe we could make them pay a 1/3 tax on net profits.

What other business should pay any tax and why?

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Id like to see " anti-deadbeat tax payer" legislation passed to ensure that granola types pay their fair share of taxes, especially when our taxes are debt based, not pollution based.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Id like to see " anti-deadbeat tax payer" legislation passed to ensure that granola types pay their fair share of taxes, especially when our taxes are debt based, not pollution based.

How exactly would that tax work?

Come to think of it, I guess taxing addictive products and services would more or less look like what you're proposing, no?

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Add a special tax to people with bus passes. Clearly anyone using the bus is not paying enough in carbon tax, so they arent contributing enough to our debt reduction.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
then introduce a flat debt-payment tax.

a flat debt payment tax is disproportionately too much for anyone already paying a carbon tax. it will be neccessary to level the playing field by targeting specific demographics that don't currently pay enough

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Now by flat, do we mean a flat income tax, a flat wealth tax, or a flat consumption tax? I'd lean towards a flat wealth tax myself, but with the caveat that it will go towards paying off the debt and be accompanied by deep spending cuts.

Besides, if we cut most business taxes as I propose, the government would have no choice but to cut to the bone anyway.

One thing I would say is that the government should definitely cut subsidies to public transit and let commuters pay the cost of public transit as per market cost.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Now by flat, do we mean a flat income tax, a flat wealth tax, or a flat consumption tax? I'd lean towards a flat wealth tax myself, but with the caveat that it will go towards paying off the debt and be accompanied by deep spending cuts.

Besides, if we cut most business taxes as I propose, the government would have no choice but to cut to the bone anyway.

the roman empire funded their government on a tax of only a few percent. they built water ducts and such

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
the roman empire funded their government on a tax of only a few percent. they built water ducts and such

Today I'd say 10% of Canadian government spending is a valuable investment. The other 90% is on fluff like Heritage Canada, the CBC, etc.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Individuals should pay a surtax of, say 0.5%, on income after deductions. This would be put into a bank - not controlled in any way by the feds - and used to fund businesses in Canada. To seed the fund, they can sell off CBC.

Example: If your paycheque, after deduction, is $1000, 0.5% goes the the Business Fund. $5. Set a maximum amount that businesses can borrow, and the interest rate to be charged. Bankrupt businesses will have all their assets sold off and the money put back in the pot. No buying out insolvent companies.

You people can work out the details, and shout about who would benefit. Cliffy can post some nonsensical memes (but I got the first one!) DB, MHZ, HH and the other abbreviated humans here can blame the Jews, gays or their own mental state for the idea. selfsame can post something from the Book of Lies about what I've posted, and claim that Mo and the Muzzies thought of it first, etc.

Profits from the fund go to the taxman. No public funds to business once the pot has been established. Talk amongst yourselves.