Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Re: Meryl Streep Criticizes Trump At Golden Globe Awards

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Maybe she should stick to acting and keep her nose out of politics. :)

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

How dare she criticise our just and fair liege.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB

At least she did not call him a fascist like Hank Williams, Jr did about Obama nor do any of this:

The 10 Worst Moments of Disrespect Towards President Obama | Politic365

Not that bad of a list really. What I find in it is an attitude that the president should be bowed to like a god. It will be interesting if the 'disrespectful' actions against Trump will be written about and viewed with the same demand for deference. I'm guessing not but we shall soon see.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

There is a difference between making a political statement in an interview and doing it in an unrelated ceremony like the awards...non?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

There is a difference between making a political statement in an interview and doing it in an unrelated ceremony like the awards...non?

I seem to recall somebody going on a rant against Obama at some show in the last 8 years and get put down by the same people defending Streep here. The double standard is what I find amusing.

I personally don't see an issue with her saying what she wants. Her opinion means little to me.

As do the Golden Globes or the Academy Awards. Ever since Star Wars lost to Annie Hall, I have freed myself from the dependence of movie opinions from the academy. Usually a nomination is a good reason for me not to see a movie.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Someone believes the award shows are not political? Really.
We are in for a nasty four years and it ain't gonna let up any
time soon. See the folks on the left are going to do to the right
what was done unto them everything will be criticized challenged
and debated, While the other guy Trump behaves like a teen
with a Titter Account.

It's going to be beautiful!

What's this about?

Roman Polanski... convicted child rapist and a Hollywood Hero.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

It will be interesting if the 'disrespectful' actions against Trump will be written about and viewed with the same demand for deference.

Probably not because Trump is an epic piece of shyte

I love how salty this is making the Trumpites

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC

I see Hollywood has rallied to Meryl's defense as 'the greatest actress of our time'.

But Trump has a point when he calls her overrated. She always plays to type.. usually dowdy, neurotic, hard done by women in scripts that always contain elements of feminist preaching and outrage.

I can't think of role in which she extended herself, broke conventions.. or really left much of a memorable impression. She's a competent, stock player. She played exactly to that same character at the GGs the other night. Yawn!

Last edited:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

I see Hollywood has come to Meryl's defense as 'the greatest actress of our time'.

But Trump has a point when he calls her overrated. She always plays to type.. usually dowdy, neurotic women in scripts that always contain element of feminist preaching and outrage.

I can't think of role in which she extended herself, broke conventions.. or really left much of a memorable impression. She's a competent, stock player. She played exactly to that same character at the GGs the other night. Yawn!

So overrated.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

So what if she is, IF she is? That doesn't give her any credibility as a politician! :)

There will always be celebrity worshipers that disagree. We have a couple on this forum.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons

Saw a funny meme today. Trump tweeting that Streep is "overrated".

Somebody tweeted, "If 157 awards as an actor makes Streep overrated, what does 6 bankruptcies make you as a business man?"

Epic butthurt handed out....hehehehe

I know the Trumpites will be salty now.
Well over 500 businesses he's owned or had controlling interest in and only 6 bankruptcies. That equates to 0.01% of his business interests having filed for bankruptcy. Yep, what an epic failure.

Last edited: