University of Alberta’s $17,500 security fee on pro-life event gags free speech

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Hey, you bozos, let's get this straight. I am not against free speech, nor the right of pro-lifers to express themselves. My point is that they are doing so in a manner deliberately designed to provoke an emotional response and whining at the requirement that they pay for the security needed to take the hazard out of a situation they freely admit was their intention to create. Too confusing for you?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Where on here? I thought there was a ban on publishing pics of dead children.

WTF does that have to do with what the OP is about?

and by the way, dumba$$, it's not just pics of dead babies that aren't allowed to be posted on this board.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Hey, you bozos, let's get this straight. I am not against free speech, nor the right of pro-lifers to express themselves.
No you don't.

My point is that they are doing so in a manner deliberately designed to provoke an emotional response and whining at the requirement that they pay for the security needed to take the hazard out of a situation they freely admit was their intention to create. Too confusing for you?
Or you wouldn't make stuff up like some goon squad "reporter".

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Hey, you bozos, let's get this straight. I am not against free speech, nor the right of pro-lifers to express themselves.
Yeah, you just want to charge them prohibitive fees. That way you can silence them whilst pretending to be all free-speechy.

"The power to tax is the power to destroy."
--U.S. Supreme Court

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Is that what you call it when I troll the crap out of you and the other idiots?
Memo to bear, you are the one full of crap. Taking the crap out of me is a light duty task at best. How many years have you been at it so far? 7 or 8

Perhaps that is how much the fetuses are sold for.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
So the government should cover expenses of anyone who thinks they have something to say, no matter how controversial or inflammatory the content may be. Have you taken the time to think that one through? The liability implications? What ever happened to "put your money where your mouth is"? No wonder you guys are so quick to fall back on name-calling and insults, reason and logic is beyond your reach.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
So the government should cover expenses of anyone who thinks they have something to say, no matter how controversial or inflammatory the content may be. Have you taken the time to think that one through? The liability implications? What ever happened to "put your money where your mouth is"?
We have a judicial system where the govt can take people who break the law, to task.

They can also recoup costs, via fines.

Some of us actually thought this through a long time ago.

So anyway, why do you blame rape victims?

No wonder you guys are so quick to fall back on name-calling and insults, reason and logic is beyond your reach.
You mean names like "bozo"?

And I'll be honest, I usually treat people who advocate and support the stifling of rights that are the cornerstones of democracy, with incredible contempt. It's all they're worth.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
So the government should cover expenses of anyone who thinks they have something to say, no matter how controversial or inflammatory the content may be. Have you taken the time to think that one through? The liability implications? What ever happened to "put your money where your mouth is"? No wonder you guys are so quick to fall back on name-calling and insults, reason and logic is beyond your reach.

"I" am not responsible for someone elses actions. Neither is the pro-life movement. If someone get's violent at a peaceful demonstration, then they and they alone are responsible for their actions and should be treated and charged accordingly.

What you are saying, when applied to here, is that fu cking brainless morons like you should be banned because your fu cking idiocy and stupidity cause me to go off the fu cking deep end.

Get it sunshine?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Define 'you guys'.

What you are saying, when applied to here, is that fu cking brainless morons like you should be banned because your fu cking idiocy and stupidity cause me to go off the fu cking deep end.
On step in any direction and that happens, you should arrive with warning lights already flashing. No way you can blame others for your lack of self-control.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Define 'you guys'.

On step in any direction and that happens, you should arrive with warning lights already flashing. No way you can blame others for your lack of self-control.

God damn!!!!... I really didn't think it was possible for you to come across as any more of an idiot than you already have, but I stand corrected, you are hitting new lows.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
God damn!!!!... I really didn't think it was possible for you to come across as any more of an idiot than you already have, but I stand corrected, you are hitting new lows.
You see!? He keeps sucking the fun out it for me.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
And I'll be honest, I usually treat people who advocate and support the stifling of rights that are the cornerstones of democracy, with incredible contempt. It's all they're worth.
Not to argue but it is also the only functioning thought he has had in the last decade, . . . or so.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
There ya go, showing that is is one small step for you but a long one for the rest of mankind to reach that level of insanity Not really something you should be proud of gerr.(loss of all mental control)

Why are you picking on Nick?
You are the only one trapped in that single thought syndrome.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC

Who's stifling? This is the same twisted crap you tried to push when we talked about The Rebel, and I'm not buying it. Take your trolling somewhere else.

I've been involved in helping host a few public events over the years. It was generally accepted that we were responsible for purchasing liability insurance to cover any unforeseen mishaps that may arise out of the event. How is the UofA situation any different? The need for security wouldn't exist without the "educational display".