Should Canada promote friendlier relations with Russia?

Should Canada promote friendlier relations with Russia?

• Yes.

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No.

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Other answer.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Peoples is peoples but governments are run by psychos and the average Joe really has no say in who runs the show. That is predetermined by the ruling elite psychos. Just seems the US government has much more severe psychos than Canada but that might be just an illusion. Anybody who thinks we live in a democracy is just got their head stuck... in the illusion.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Peoples is peoples but governments are run by psychos and the average Joe really has no say in who runs the show. That is predetermined by the ruling elite psychos. Just seems the US government has much more severe psychos than Canada but that might be just an illusion. Anybody who thinks we live in a democracy is just got their head stuck... in the illusion.

Let's face it. For the allies to arm rebels who then defect to ISIL only to then use the weapons the allies gave them against the allies, to then go back to fighting Assad so the allies can resupply them to go back to ISIL to attack the allies while selling oil to the allies to support their fight against the allies is insane.

And then the allies wonder where ISIL is getting its resources and money from. Insane? immeasurably stupid? Something like that.

At least Putin was smart enough to see the rebels for what they were: mercenaries. Once ISIL controlled an oil area, all the local rebels followed the money to ISIL. Otherwise they fought Assad for compensation from the allies until ISIL controlled the local oil and then outbidded the allies. That's why Russia is smart enough to not distinguish between them.

Last edited:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Let's face it. For the allies to arm rebels who then defect to ISIL only to then use the weapons the allies gave them against the allies, to then go back to fighting Assad so the allies can resupply them to go back to ISIL to attack the allies while selling oil to the allies to support their fight against the allies is insane.

And then the allies wonder where ISIL is getting its resources and money from. Insane? immeasurably stupid? Something like that.

No doubt. I've no love for any of the rebels or isil or isis or whatever flavor they are on any given day. I am glad the Russians are there to help them on there way. This administration completely dropped the ball. Let the Russians get knee deep in it. Although the Russians are pretty smart. They only have enough ground troops to protect their air assets.

Syria was a meat grinder from the beginning.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
It will be interesting who get the reconstruction contracts. (the 5 Arab nations that paid for the rebels will be paying that bill)

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
lmao. Just like they're taken in the refugees? And how will they be forced to pay the bill?

That will be Russia's job as well.

It will take decades.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

At least Putin was smart enough to see the rebels for what they were: mercenarirs. Once ISIL controlled an oil area, all the local rebels followed the money to ISIL. Otherwise they fought Assad for compensation from the allies until ISIL controlled the local oil and then outbidded the allies. That's why Russia is smart enough to not distinguish between them.
As convoluted as that might sound, it is about as close to describing the situation as anything I've heard. It is beyond absurd but someone is pulling the strings to make it that absurd.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I'm remembering a jacka$$ senator here in Arizona long ago who told my dad that the common laborer wasn't worth more than a dollar an hour. kinda set the tone for my attitude toward politicians.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
As convoluted as that might sound, it is about as close to describing the situation as anything I've heard. It is beyond absurd but someone is pulling the strings to make it that absurd.

The mercenaries (i.e. the rebels and ISIL) are pulling the strings. Gotta hand it to them. They probably thought they had everyone fooled until Russia came in and said, We know you you mercenaries are all one and the same.

It might have been accidental initially, but once the mercenaries picked up on the allies' stupidity, they probably drafted it into a well-planned policy. Ask the allies for help to fight Assad, turn the weapons given to take oil wells, sell the oil to the allies, and then use the aquire resources to fight the allies, and the allies were clueless until Putin pointed their stupidity out to them.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
lmao. Just like they're taken in the refugees? And how will they be forced to pay the bill?

That will be Russia's job as well.

It will take decades.
Perhaps 2 decades as Syria is only 1 of a few places that will see the end of rebel terrorists.

It is a long way to Russia from Syria, like the Eastern Ukraine the aid comes to them if they choose not to flee the area. Even then the doors have not been closed to refugees. With the restraints off Iran and Pakistan could become major players that enjoy expansion and all (if you add Turkey once NATO isn't calling the shots) the refugees would be going home as room is available. Russia would fly tent cities into Syria for the same reason. Somebody will be paying as there are bound to some court cases over this and with video so popular that will be the witness. Have a special building built in Jerusalem and have the Judges be Jewish and they rule in 'Muslim Vs Muslim cases and the other cases are judged by a panel from all other nation in a 'anonymous vote' forum. The World Bank would divert the funds and they still get their usury.

If Gaza gets their 3 mile island that serves as an open water port and airfield the Russia would be more like the general contractor and the local people would become the tradesmen for the operation and then everyone is fired and they sit at home collecting a check that pays all the 'bills', in peace if that need be said.

The mercenaries (i.e. the rebels and ISIL) are pulling the strings. Gotta hand it to them. They probably thought they had everyone fooled until Russia came in and said, We know you you mercenaries are all one and the same.

It might have been accidental initially, but once the mercenaries picked up on the allies' stupidity, they probably drafted it into a well-planned policy. Ask the allies for help to fight Assad, turn the weapons given to take oil wells, sell the oil to the allies, and then use the aquire resources to fight the allies, and the allies were clueless until Putin pointed their stupidity out to them.
You Sherlock that out all by yourself?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I'm remembering a jacka$$ senator here in Arizona long ago who told my dad that the common laborer wasn't worth more than a dollar an hour. kinda set the tone for my attitude toward politicians.

Should we "tar them all with the same brush"?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Just spread your legs and say:

"I love big, tough Russian Putin it to me, daaalink"

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Seriously? You don't see a difference between misjudging the motives of the people we trained, and purposely siding with war criminals?

Supporting the mercenaries allowed the war to drag on. Fighting Assad head on or supporting him can be said to both be more moral since at least the war could end sooner and people could get on with their lives. Supporting mercenaries just feeds a never-ending process.