Should Canada promote friendlier relations with Russia?

Should Canada promote friendlier relations with Russia?

• Yes.

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No.

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Other answer.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Would you rather it be Israel and the rulers of that place?

Probably... and are nothing at all like Canadians.

Time for your pills
It's like are in a different time-zone.
Coffee is not a pill.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
No points for getting the right answer as you spelled the name wrong. Kids these days, hopeless.
Sorry I forgot how many children there were in the room. 'It's like they are in a different time-zone.' Just think what it will be like the day you actually have a post that has some sort of point to it.

Last edited:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
You think 3 times will be the 'charm'? South of the border has a different meaning when applied to you.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I'll admit that I like Russia's style. Soft-spoken, friendly, competent, trustworthy, respectful of international law (or can at least overwhelmingly win a referendum when it doesn't), and doesn't fight a war it doesn't know with certainty beforehand that it can win efficiently.
What a load of bollocks. Soft-spoken? I guess, if you consider being punched in the face while being spoken to is "soft". Friendly? Maybe the average Russian citizen, but the idiots running the show? Not. Competent? Apprently building a nuclear reactor with major design flaws and installing technicians and supervisors with insufficient nuclear training is "competent". Trustworthy? Uh...no. Respectful of international law? Not really. But then they aren't the only ones. Your last sentence is amusing though. I guess Afghanistan was just a Soviet training exercise.
As for winning them efficiently, I guess using masses of troops as cannon fodder is a pretty efficient way to pare down your military.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
What a load of bollocks. Soft-spoken? I guess, if you consider being punched in the face while being spoken to is "soft". Friendly? Maybe the average Russian citizen, but the idiots running the show? Not. Competent? Apprently building a nuclear reactor with major design flaws and installing technicians and supervisors with insufficient nuclear training is "competent". Trustworthy? Uh...no. Respectful of international law? Not really. But then they aren't the only ones. Your last sentence is amusing though. I guess Afghanistan was just a Soviet training exercise.
As for winning them efficiently, I guess using masses of troops as cannon fodder is a pretty efficient way to pare down your military.

Putin and Russian military expansion is all the rage these days.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
They haven't even been at it a month, how many months for the US to get ready to 'free Kuwait' in Gulf War I?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I admit that I am still angry at Russia's illegal incursion into Syria, but how does that compare to the US and the UK providing ISIS with fleets of Toyotas and Canada spending all of that money pretending to be seriously fighting ISIS after all these months?

If we can befriend ISIS-enablers, then we can certainty befriend illegal invaders who were at least welcomed with open arms and an overwhelming referendum show of support to boot.

You should explain yourself with respect to this unfounded and inflationary claim of an illegle incursion into Syria.

How many hospitals have Russia bombed on purpose. That crap in Afghanistan last week was vicious murder of the mosrt cowardly kind and did you read that 90% of drone hits were done on civilians. There has never been a more barbaric mass murdering military than that bunch of cowardly cowboys in the USA.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I admit that I am still angry at Russia's illegal incursion into Syria, but how does that compare to the US and the UK providing ISIS with fleets of Toyotas and Canada spending all of that money pretending to be seriously fighting ISIS after all these months?

If we can befriend ISIS-enablers, then we can certainty befriend illegal invaders who were at least welcomed with open arms and an overwhelming referendum show of support to boot.

Correction: I meant illegal incursion into not Syria but Crimea.

Now you're being foolish. If the US and UK are providing ISIS with fleets of Toyotas then so is Canada. Your hands aren't clean brah.

We might very well be. Just another reason to not look down our noses at the Russians.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
This country had better demand some answers out of it's newly elected government the first day it sits. This is not a peace mission and no democracy is being promoted whatever, this is war pure and simple. How is it possible we are at war with no declaration, no mandate, no clear threat against this country? What gives are we simply being led blind into initiating global war without one debate?