Ugly American Goes Into Hiding After Killing Cecil The Lion

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Big game hunting is perfectly legal in Zimbabwe.

Chifuti Hunting Safaris - African Safaris for Cape Buffalo, Leopard, Lion, Elephant, and Plains Game along the Zambezi River in Zimbabwe Africa.

This includes lions.

The man hired a professional guide and expected them to know the laws of the locale that they were hunting in. It is the guides responsibility. That is why THEY are up on poaching charges and not him.

It would be the same here in Canada if a big game hunter hired a Canadian guide and that guide allowed him, or told him to shoot something that was out of season or not allowed to be shot. It's why you pay the big dollars to hire a guide.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

Chifuti Hunting Safaris - African Safaris for Cape Buffalo, Leopard, Lion, Elephant, and Plains Game along the Zambezi River in Zimbabwe Africa.

This includes lions.

The man hired a professional guide and expected them to know the laws of the locale that they were hunting in. It is the guides responsibility. That is why THEY are up on poaching charges and not him.

It would be the same here in Canada if a big game hunter hired a Canadian guide and that guide allowed him, or told him to shoot something that was out of season or not allowed to be shot. It's why you pay the big dollars to hire a guide.
Luring lions out of protective reserves in order to kill them is illegal ... even in Zimbabwe. The guides were poaching and so was Dr. Feel-good the dumbass dentist. It's a shame that he won't be extridicted to Zimbabwe. I'll bet that their penetentaries are real eye openers.

You make it sound as if the guides did an "oops". Zimbabwe is just about the most corrupt and dysfunctional country on Earth. The guides would have known exactly what they were doing as did the American dentist. The Zimbabwean government probably couldn't give a damn either and would rather have the hard American currency to feather their nests (dozens probably got a piece of that action) than to drive off future blood tourists who have more money than scruples.

They have a lot in common, as a matter of fact. They both come from countries where money talks loudest and life is cheap.

Last edited:

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
cecil is lucky that he didn't have to deal with being tortured by any dental hygienists. damn butchers and their mini spears.

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
By Alexandra Petri July 29

Where are all the avid FOX News commentators and media watchdogs who usually fill your inbox with questions the moment a hashtag demanding #Justice starts trending? Why is everyone responding with shock and compassion instead of their usual farrago of Excessively Hot Takes and Unfounded Suspicions? Surely it is only a matter of days until I get this in my inbox.
Not sure how much coverage there’s been of this “Cecil” story where you are, but I wanted to pass on this NEW SIDE of the STORY!
It’s a true REALITY CHECK!
You may think you’re well-informed. You may feel like you “KNOW” this “CECIL.”
Remember the saying “There’s two sides to every story.”
Open your eyes and don’t be so eager to just eat what the media are SPOONFEEDING YOU.
The media keep showing majestic and powerful images of Cecil the Lion looking regal and peaceful, calling him a “beloved icon” and a “local favorite.”
NOT TRUE.
This image just staples to your mind the LIBERAL FALSEHOOD of a lion who wanted nothing more than to mind his business and enjoy running his two prides (by the way, TWO prides? Sounds like that SLIPPERY SLOPE we were WARNED ABOUT by Justice Scalia. #prideparade #lionpolyamory #pridecomethbeforeafall)
Cecil The Lion was NO ANGEL. In fact, he was a lion. A PREDATOR!
They continue to show the image of dentist Walter Palmer posing next to the corpse of Cecil like some sort of “hunter” or “criminal.” But look at his beautiful smile! DO YOU SEE THE MEDIA TALKING ABOUT THE QUALITY DENTAL WORK THIS #LOCALHERO CLEARLY PROVIDES?
No. No.
Instead we are having our sympathies TWISTED to benefit a conscienceless, fully mature adult ANIMAL.
“Just thirteen years old?” That’s a fully grown, adult lion. Can we stop talking about him like he’s the victim here?
IN FACT: So-called “Cecil the Lion” did not refer to himself as CECIL the LION. He didn’t know he was called CECIL the LION. If you called him, he would not have come. If you called him and he came, he would have MAULED YOU VICIOUSLY WITH HIS FLESH-TEARING JAWS.

He referred to himself as ROOOAAAAARRRRRRR GNNR GNNR (Google Translate says that’s Lion for COLD-BLOODED MAMMAL KILLER!?!)
Where are the pictures of him posing surrounded by nubile females and wildebeest carcasses? Where we see him as he CLEARLY saw himself: a muscular, impala-hunting alpha male!! Not a “Cecil.”
I am not trying to say this was a good hunt.
I am not trying to say this lion DESERVED to die.
But the MEDIA in the USA is controlled by lions who twist and distort EVERYTHING. #lionsgate #DetroitLions #SnoopLion???
Remember “The Lion King”? SHEER UNABASHED LION PROPAGANDA. I will have you know that the plot for that movie was stolen from HAMLET, a play written by a HUMAN with NO LIONS IN IT WHATSOEVER!
Makes you think, doesn’t it?
I am FED UP with the media’s portrayal of lions as somehow WORTHY of LOVE and capable of SONG.
Lions don’t have problem-free philosophies. Lions do NOT have the right to everything the light touches. If a baboon tried to hold a young lion cub aloft, that lion would maul the baboon mercilessly because that’s what lions DO.
But we ignore these facts because the Media is controlled by Big Oil, Big Business, and Big Cat.
Where is the talk about the numerous OFFSPRING this lion had – at the age of THIRTEEN? Who will raise them now? Scientists say the most likely outcome is that neighboring lions will move into his territory and kill them. WHERE’S THE COVERAGE? Where is the talk about LION on LION violence?
Not a single paper in this ENTIRE COUNTRY will say what needs saying:
Trace amounts of wildebeest MAY WELL HAVE BEEN in his system when he was taken down. He already had a TRACKING COLLAR from researchers. This lion was no innocent!!
The image of Cecil that has been portrayed to the media – a majestic, beautiful member of a threatened species? Don’t swallow it.
We can only say for certain that he was hungry for meat and that he was a predator.
I think we have to ask ourselves: what was he doing in that neighborhood? Why did he leave his safe preserve? What was his REAL motive? To follow the animal carcass strapped to Palmer’s car as bait? Would YOU follow an animal carcass tied to a stranger’s car???

OPEN YOUR EYES! This was not a victim. This was a LION, a sharp-toothed heavyweight antelope-slayer at the top of the food chain.
I’m not saying this hunt was legal.
I’m not saying this hunt was justified.
I’m just saying… OPEN YOUR EYES!!
Maybe that dentist did us all a favor.
PS PRESIDENT LIZARDLORD LION KING OBAMA has said NOTHING on this subject – clearly, he’s learned his lesson. Even he can see that there is no resemblance between this vegetarian-devouring remorseless killer and any right-living human being who doesn’t kill gazelles for a living.
PPS I haven’t seen any of his gazelle neighbors coming forward to speak on his behalf.
PPPS Would you let your son walk around the savannah with four paws and a GIANT MANE?
PPPPS If he was no threat, why did he have the teeth, muscular, hairy body, and mane of a predator? Speaks for itself, doesn’t it?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...ecil-the-lion-im-stunned-i-havent-gotten-yet/

Exactly like the garbage Walturd posts.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I don't care if the Lion was iconic or not, anyone killing an animal like that is a vile piece of trash.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
This Palmer is a trouble making POS who has settled out of court a sexual harassment case brought against him by one of his patients. He is pretending to be ever so innocent but has a long history of causing trouble and using his wealth to get out of it. He deserves a long stretch in jail for his crime.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
This Palmer is a trouble making POS who has settled out of court a sexual harassment case brought against him by one of his patients. He is pretending to be ever so innocent but has a long history of causing trouble and using his wealth to get out of it. He deserves a long stretch in jail for his crime.
Doesn't work that way in this world Goph. Money talks,,bullshyte,,,well,,,you know

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
What a bunch of whimpering azzholes. What if some kids ate from the trickle down money from that scungy cat? Why do you all not go to Africa and change it instead of whining on social net about it.

Tay is just a little b#tch that uses you all.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
What a bunch of whimpering azzholes. What if some kids ate from the trickle down money from that scungy cat? Why do you all not go to Africa and change it instead of whining on social net about it.

Tay is just a little b#tch that uses you all.
absolutely ,,pass out a few table scraps and we can justify a whole lot of sh*t.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
from what I've heard on the news there is fear that cecils rival will kill cecils 'children'. :shock: :(

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.

This includes lions.

Poor ol' Cece. They lured him out of the protected area then killed him. Thought you might enjoy that.Read the OP ?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Poor ol' Cece. They lured him out of the protected area then killed him. Thought you might enjoy that.Read the OP ?

Of course I read the OP, dumb ***. You obviously have comprehension problems. Not a big surprise. You've never been able to prove that you have more than 2 working brain cells.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Jimmy Kimmel gets choked up over Cecil the lion
Postmedia Network
First posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2015 11:35 AM EDT | Updated: Wednesday, July 29, 2015 12:36 PM EDT
This is a side of Jimmy Kimmel we don't often see.
The late-night host had to hold back tears while talking about the controversial killing of Cecil the lion during his monologue Tuesday night.
Cecil's death has sparked outrage after it was learned American dentist Walter Palmer is accused of illegally killing and decapitating the lion in Zimbabwe's Hwwange National Park.
Kimmel, who referred to Palmer as an "a-hole" questioned Palmer's motivation for the hunt.
"The big question is, why are you shooting a lion in the first place?" Kimmel said. “I mean, I am honestly curious to know why a human being would feel compelled to do that – how is that fun?”
Kimmel then choked up while giving out information on the Wildlife Conservation Research Unit in Oxford, England, who were the researchers studying Cecil.
"If you want to make this into a positive," he said, before clearing his throat and apologizing for his emotion. "Make a donation...maybe we can show the world that not all Americans are like this jackhhole."
Jimmy Kimmel chokes up talking about Cecil The Lion (YouTube)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LzXpE1mjqA
Jimmy Kimmel gets choked up over Cecil the lion | TV | Entertainment | Toronto S

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
The meat in that hamburger that you're eating at Harvey's or Wendy or McDonald might have come from a cow that had a name too.....
Enjoy eating Bessie?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

You'd think that guy would have more f**king brains!