A Few Honest Questions for the Climate Hoaxers?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Well lets start with this:Salmon: The latest casualties of climate change | Healthy Oceans | David Suzuki Foundation

grainfedprairieboy said:
I don't know who you are quoting to come up with that statement but your answer isn't entirely accurate. The poles have been ice free and filled with a variety of flora and fauna that had absolutely nothing to do with plate tectonics. However, plate tectonics has also played a role.
Waaaaaaaasy off buddy. You are waaaaaaay off. No wonder you are easily confused and mislead.

grainfedpraiboy

Electoral Member
Mar 15, 2009
Alberta The Last Best West

I'm curious what this has to do with you believing some science as fact and rejecting other research from the exact same folks as hoax?

And which scientific body exactly would you say is the leading group of climatologists who are spearheading the supposed opposing viewpoint?

Well lets start with this:Salmon: The latest casualties of climate change | Healthy Oceans | David Suzuki Foundation

Waaaaaaaasy off buddy. You are waaaaaaay off. No wonder you are easily confused and mislead.

To be clear........the poles have never been ice free in your opinion?

Gotta go to ground. Start here: http://www.scientificamerican.com/a...n-pliocene-last-time-co2-levels-above-400ppm/ and if you need more educating let me know.

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Study confirms link between salmon migration and magnetic field | News & Research Communications | Oregon State University

The Shift Is On - Magnetic North Pole Now Racing A Mile A Day - Zen Gardner

Back to this trusted scientist.

Salmon: The latest casualties of climate change | Healthy Oceans | David Suzuki Foundation

And you wonder why people don't believe?

You have some lerneng to dew.

And now for some Wegener and Continental drift....

For example, fossils of tropical plants are found on Spitsbergen, an island in the Arctic Ocean. When these plants lived about 300 million years ago, the island must have had a warm and mild climate. According to Wegener, Spitsbergen must have been located closer to the equator.

Geologists found evidence that when it was warm in Spitsbergen, the climate was much colder in South Africa. Deep scratches in rocks showed that continental glaciers once covered South Africa. Continental glaciers are thick layers of ice that cover hundreds of thousands of square kilometers. But the climate of South Africa is too mild today for continental glaciers to form. Wegener concluded that when Pangaea existed, South Africa was much closer to the South Pole. According to Wegener, the climates of Spitsbergen and South Africa changed because these landmasses had moved.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
This schtick is a self-perpetuating, self-congratulating feel-good 'cause'. Like the starving children in Africa. Like the seals. Like the famers. Like Jerrys' Kids.

It's 'popular' science. It's cool to belong or at the very least appear to belong. It's also financially scamtastic. Sponsors pay to support the cause, to be seen, to sell more crap. To publish more papers, to be seen again. To be back-patted.

It's mental masturbation. An idea too complicated for the average bear but to not believe those mouthbreathers would appear 'stupid' so they play along, to be-long.

Using 'most Americans believe it' is funny. Most Americans are just as stupid and gullible as the rest of the western world. Maybe most Americans still believe in God too. Think barry is a great guy. Think al gore is relevant. Think flags and bruce jenner are important...because the MSM tells them so. Most Americans think America's Got Talent is a good form of entertainment. Most sponsors might believe that and buy more ads because a small group of reporting agencies tell them what the um, 'ratings' are for that show and can charge more for the placement of Dr. Ho, the Trivago Guy, Bud Light and female foot callous sanders.

We used to be heading into a chicken little ice age not too many brain cells ago. Now it's a heat age. This time though caused by your car and Alberta and conservative white men.

The AGW talking heads with talking points are just as insidious as Benny fukking Hinn, Pat Robertson and their ilk.

It's about them, not you. Always has been. And it's fun to hang with the other cool kids too. We believe.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Since you brought up the critterverse and the horrors involved lets have a look into the millions and millions of nonreturning salmon.

I have heard this is because of global warming and pollution. Is that the reason they aren't returning to their home rivers to breed or is it something else? Any idea?
What has happened since the record run in 2010? I've looked but can't find nuthin.

This thread belongs in the How the GW myth is perpetuated thread.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Climate change is the new religion. Don't need fact. Just have to believe. And send boat loads of money to third world countries.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
People on this site have stated repeatedly they believe climate scientists are part of a global conspiracy. If I turn on something like Fox News I'll hear a similar line of thinking.

That is outright absurd. Most people in fact believe in climate change: Most Americans Believe in Climate Change, But Give It Low Priority | Pew Research Center

What would be more accurate for you to state is that most people who share your political viewpoint believe that climate change is a fantasy....................

That is a bit of an exaggeration. Science evolves and self corrects. Research today may or may not be subject to change in the future. Eggs were good, eggs were bad, eggs were good. we go with what we know at the moment. Few people are claiming there is a scandal in the food sciences.

That is wishful thinking on your part. All evidence in all societies and academic circles around the world suggest the exact opposite of what you stated is happening.

I oppose carbon taxes but have accepted their inevitability and will learn to profit from it. 'Adapt and overcome' as we say in the military.

Again that is just your bluster unsupported by any real or empirical evidence. Everywhere you look Canadian society is moving towards mitigating it's carbon footprint from industry to individuals. The AGW hardliners in reality believe we are in fact moving too slow. The profit potential in a green and clean environment is huge and appeals to my capitalist bent.

Regardless, how about considering the actual questions and maybe answering them?

Your questions were answered, you just refuse to accept them as ignoring these realities is the only way that you can square this circle.

Let's start with this first. In the context of this discussion, Climate Change relates to claims of anthropogenic interference and/or impacts... Of course, the climate changes as a function of a natural dynamic, not unlike the motion of the tides. That said, I want to make certain that this avenue is clearly outlined such that the truthers can't flip-flop between the 2 when convenient.

In terms of 'the science and facts', it appears that you, and you alone are the judge in assessing what is 'science' as well as fact. Interestingly enough, I recall your prior delineation of 'fact' as a moving target that is more of a consensus among those that you, individually, elect to follow... Kind of tough to place any gravity on your statements of CC is factual, supported by 'the science', etc, et al, when the disclaimer you lean on is that 'the science' is a moving target and only really factual from day to day... So, thanks so much for the references to empirical evidence, however, considering all of your previous disclaimers, I will suggest that using the term 'empirical evidence' is an extremely generous use of the term.

For myself, I cant directly recall anyone here going on about a 'global conspiracy' - this is your brain-child that I assume you use to dismiss any information that is contrary to your preconceived outcome. All in all, it comes as no surprise that you need to focus on irrelevant elements such as the claims of global conspiracies or the dramatic overuse of adjectives like deniers or (most recently) 'hoaxers'

This is clearly another move towards shifting the discussion away from the real debate and into a direction that seeks to shame people into supporting your untenable position.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Give the man a break, he has been reborn into the new climate change religion.....
Some people find Jesus in their enlightenment period... and he, like a few others found the Al gore, Suzuki an Michael Crichton triumvirate...lol

Last edited:

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
First of all NO I do not believe the climate scientists the reason they are in it for the money.
David, Gore and the rest like to hear themselves talk. Climate Scientists were claiming an
ice age was coming then some time in the mid seventies it changed.
We heard Global Warming and all the chicken little warnings.
Now its climate change sure what ever. Climate changes all the time that is why Alaska
was once a tropical landscape.
If you wonder what is going on look at the weather channel. They give you the record high
from years past and we seldom get that hot today some of those years date back before
our time
This is all nonsense to sell more fridges and stoves, and heaters and light bulbs that used
to be sixty nine cents now twenty five bucks. Every time I hear this crap I want to go out
and fire up the V8 engine on my Chev truck.
Climate scientists are losing the credibility like many other scientists because their funding
comes from a corporate agenda
sho me,,,,da munnay~ Cuba Gooding Jr.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
First of all NO I do not believe the climate scientists the reason they are in it for the money.
David, Gore and the rest like to hear themselves talk. Climate Scientists were claiming an
ice age was coming then some time in the mid seventies it changed.
We heard Global Warming and all the chicken little warnings.
Now its climate change sure what ever. Climate changes all the time that is why Alaska
was once a tropical landscape.

I don't think we can ignore the fact that today we have more hurricanes, tornados, floods and droughts than we had for sometime in the past!

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I don't think we can ignore the fact that today we have more hurricanes, tornados, floods and droughts than we had for sometime in the past!
Living on the corner of the great desert there in Vernon . Are you in drought ?
When was the last hurricane Tornado or flood you lived through ?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
This schtick is a self-perpetuating, self-congratulating feel-good 'cause'. Like the starving children in Africa. Like the seals. Like the famers. Like Jerrys' Kids.

It's 'popular' science. It's cool to belong or at the very least appear to belong. It's also financially scamtastic. Sponsors pay to support the cause, to be seen, to sell more crap. To publish more papers, to be seen again. To be back-patted.

It's mental masturbation. An idea too complicated for the average bear but to not believe those mouthbreathers would appear 'stupid' so they play along, to be-long.

Using 'most Americans believe it' is funny. Most Americans are just as stupid and gullible as the rest of the western world. Maybe most Americans still believe in God too. Think barry is a great guy. Think al gore is relevant. Think flags and bruce jenner are important...because the MSM tells them so. Most Americans think America's Got Talent is a good form of entertainment. Most sponsors might believe that and buy more ads because a small group of reporting agencies tell them what the um, 'ratings' are for that show and can charge more for the placement of Dr. Ho, the Trivago Guy, Bud Light and female foot callous sanders.

We used to be heading into a chicken little ice age not too many brain cells ago. Now it's a heat age. This time though caused by your car and Alberta and conservative white men.

The AGW talking heads with talking points are just as insidious as Benny fukking Hinn, Pat Robertson and their ilk.

It's about them, not you. Always has been. And it's fun to hang with the other cool kids too. We believe.

If you watch the idiot box regularly there's nothing to prove!

^prime example of MSM brainwashing

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Living on the corner of the great desert there in Vernon . Are you in drought ?
When was the last hurricane Tornado or flood you lived through ?

Drought yes, hurricanes and tornados are found more often in the flatlands and major floods are seldom found here. If you go a few hundred km. east to Calgary you will often encounter floods and on rare occasions a tornado.

More cable means more weather?

Perhaps to some degree.