Let's learn about this NAACP Rachel Dolezal shall we...

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Micheal Jackson comes to my mind when thinking of identity issues,of course there is the trailor park young man who has some identity crisis,I know someone who thinks she is aboriginal,hangs out with aboriginals,talks like an aboriginal and so much more,
Identity issues are nothing new to our society.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Micheal Jackson comes to my mind when thinking of identity issues,of course there is the trailor park young man who has some identity crisis,I know someone who thinks she is aboriginal,hangs out with aboriginals,talks like an aboriginal and so much more,
Identity issues are nothing new to our society.

But does she have a status card?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

um

this isn't the same person

?

The forehead and nose seem to fit- of course the hair and complexion are different but I think they both could be her. (Other than the fact you are interested I don't really give a f**K who they are) :) :)

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Former NAACP leader Rachel Dolezal, who allegedly pretended to be black, tapped for MLK day event
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
First posted: Thursday, October 06, 2016 10:01 AM EDT | Updated: Thursday, October 06, 2016 10:09 AM EDT
CARY, N.C. — Former Washington state NAACP leader Rachel Dolezal, who was criticized last year for passing herself off as black, has been tapped to speak at a North Carolina Martin Luther King Day celebration in January.
The Raleigh News & Observer reports the theme of the MLK Dreamfest Celebration in Cary, North Carolina, “Healing Race Relations through Conversation and Participation.”
Event organizer Al Cohen tells the newspaper that Dolezal was “depicted as a major villain through media because of her preference of racial identity.” He says Dolezal committed no crime, adding that “She only had an affinity for a group of people, and she served her community well.”
Dolezal has acknowledged that she is “Caucasian biologically,” but says she identifies as black.
Former NAACP leader Rachel Dolezal, who allegedly pretended to be black, tapped

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
When questioned by the press, Martin Luther King said "Wait. I died for this sh*t?" Malcolm X said "Right on, brother," and Tupac Shakur added "Word."

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
RACHEL DOLEZAL BECAME somewhat of an infamous figure after being outed in 2015 as a white woman presenting herself as a black person.

Almost two years later, the 39-year-old former black rights activist is jobless, living on food stamps, and on the verge of homelessness.

In a new interview to publicise her memoir In Full Color, Dolezal said that she is “not going to stoop and apologize and grovel” for what happened.

Dolezal was forced to quit her job at the African-American advocacy group the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People after being outed by local media.

Dolezal’s parents quickly commented publicly, saying that their daughter is white, and producing photographs of her with paler skin and blonde hair.

In her new book, Dolezal writes about her upbringing with her white Christian fundamentalist parents, and her need to “set the record straight”.

She said she wants to “open up this dialogue about race and identity, and to just encourage people to be exactly who they are”. She describes not feeling comfortable around southern whites while in college, and signing up to the Black Students’ Union.

Asked if she thinks she has done anything wrong, Dolezal told The Guardian: “No, I don’t. I don’t think you can do something wrong with your identity if you’re living in your authenticity and I am. If I thought it was wrong, I would admit it.”

Dolezal was widely criticised after it emerged that she hadn’t been truthful about her race, and said it has been hard to get work since.

Her memoir was turned down by 30 publishing houses before one agreed to print it.

Black rights leader outed for being white is now 'jobless and living on food stamps'

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
I'm sure I have blackness somewhere deep down in my DNA that would have creeped in at some point in the last millennia. So based on that, why should I not be allowed to call myself black and so acknowledge the blackness in me?

Last edited:

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I'm sure I have blackness somewhere deep down in my DNA that would have creeped in at some point in the last millennia. So based on that, why should I not be allowed to call myself black and si acknowledge the blackness in me?
You're on the internet you can be whoever you want , whenever you want .

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Sugar Bushing is wonderful...

You drive a hundred miles into the bush, and then pay $35.00 a plate for 2 sausages and a piece of toast...all the while freezing your butt off! It's pure Canadiana I tells ya!

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Sugar Bushing is wonderful...

You drive a hundred miles into the bush, and then pay $35.00 a plate for 2 sausages and a piece of toast...all the while freezing your butt off! It's pure Canadiana I tells ya!

My wife hates it. That's why we did it only once. She's smart. She likes comfy home and restaurants.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Almost two years later, the 39-year-old former black rights activist is jobless, living on food stamps, and on the verge of homelessness.

In a new interview to publicise her memoir In Full Color, Dolezal said that she is “not going to stoop and apologize and grovel” for what happened.

She won't stoop and grovel... she'll just collect welfare and food stamps.