USS Roosevelt Visits the UK. Brits In Awe

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Take a look Dave and inwardly digest. That big ship is called an AIRCRAFT CARRIER. Those things with wings that ride on its deck and called JET FIGHTERS. We are lacking both due to your governments STUPIDITY.~ nighthawk, stevenage

What are those strange metallic winged things on the upper deck?~ Lance Corporal Jones, Walmington-on-the-sea

Then you are floating foreign ships aren't you? No Canadian iron = no Brit fleet.

You're welcome.

I guess they owe you big time. Tough pill for BL

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
No Canadian iron = no Brit fleet.

Or we could have just nicked the iron from some other colony. You've still not given me any evidence that Canadian iron was sent to build British ships. You don't even use it to build your own ships.

I guess they owe you big time. Tough pill for BL

And you owe the British for inventing the aircraft carrier, its shape, catapult, Island, the Optical landing system etc. etc. You can thank us for the jet engine, too.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Go back further and the tall ships were built from.....Canadian tamarack and pine.

Even before North America was even discovered?

Remember that huge swathes of British forests were decimated to build the Royal Navy. Goodness knows how many trees went into building HMS Victory.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Oh Look it has planes onboard - Now there's a novelty Mr cameron i think we should try it~ speak as i find, Crawley Down

So that's what one looks like. We should get one with jets included.~ Kevin, Newcastle

More aircraft on one ship than the Royal Air Force have, including paper ones!~ Gray, Oxford

I am seeing a pattern here.

Ummm... BL... you do have aircraft for your small imaginary carriers don't you?

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Remember that huge swathes of British forests were decimated to build the Royal Navy. Goodness knows how many trees went into building HMS Victory.

With no trees left, where do you think the wood came from?

Sailing the oceans wore ships out quickly. The endless pressure of howling winds tearing ceaselessly in the rigging is unimaginable. Salt and sun, rotted masts, canvas, and rope. Sailing barnacled hulls against the wearing resistance of waves and currents, required enormous supplies of sails, masts, and spars.

In 1806 war broke out between France and England. France had her own forests. England traditionally bought timber from the Baltic and from her colonies in New England. The American Revolution disrupted the supply of timber from New England while Napoleon Bonaparte ordered a blockade of the Baltic.

The Royal Navy found a ready supply of masts in the forests in what remained of their colonies in British North America. Navy masts were tall; between 75 and 100 feet! Two feet around at the base, and octagonal.

From this early demand by the Royal Navy, there began an enterprise which dwarfed any other in North America at the time

Origins of the Canadian Lumber Trade

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Oh, yeah, forgot that retarded Newfie doing what Newfies call a "dance" in the opening ceremony of the Vancouver Olympics.

Though I suppose it was all egalitarian and enlightened and sh*t of y'all to include the developmental disability community in your opening ceremony.

You should apologize on behalf of all Muricans for being taken in and kowtowing to a bunch of glib Canadian hicks, you
fuktard.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

They cut down one tree in ten? Or don't you know what the word "decimated" means?

You should apologize on behalf of all Muricans for being taken in and kowtowing to a bunch of glib Canadian hicks, you
fuktard.
The Newfie dancer certainly brought about global unity, as people from every country rose up as one to say. . .

Dafuq?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
And you owe the British for inventing the aircraft carrier, its shape, catapult, Island, the Optical landing system etc. etc. You can thank us for the jet engine, too.

Say what?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Right, now you just have to apologise for Guess Who, Celine Dion, Justin Beaver, Nickelback, Due South, Bob and Doug McKenzie, Peter Jennings, Michael J. Fox, Red Green, John Diefenbaker, Molson-brewed Foster's, and the Alberta Clipper, and I think you'll be caught up.

Due South???? - get outta here. :p

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I were reedin a while back that surface ships will mostly be sunk real quick in da waoh aboot ta appen. Yeah it's a nice boat but it's slow and easy to see. Ther was sumpin said aboot the questionable superiority maybe not enjoyed by the western forces.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
While I was living in Hawaii, a friend of mine suggested a trip to Pearl Harbor. I will never ever forget standing on the memorial of the USS Arizona looking down into the watery grave of so many brave men. It was both chilling and inspiring.