8 white cops, 1 black homeless man, 46 bullets

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
There's just too many cops period. I mean, if you can get eight guys out to some disturbance like this. Then there was the Tornto one--there had to be like fifty cops out for that one.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Yes, I get that they need to protect themselves.
Good, a lot of people forget that in the fervour to jump to conclusions.

Why waste 8 officers time for 1 homeless man though?
Probably because a call went out and multiple cars from the area responded.

There's just too many cops period.
There's never a cop around when you need one.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I'm sorry, that was abusive of me.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Funny that the thread title says "8 White Cops" when I'm pretty sure I saw at least 3 Black Cops there too. One on the right, one on the left and I think one in the distance..... but I suppose once you put on a police uniform you automatically become a white guy.

Last edited:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Hunters will shoot over the head of a bear in charge, can't officers? scare the individual maybe?

And then the bullet continues on and hits a bystander? And shooting a bullet straight up won't be any better, as it has to land somewhere.

Not a great idea, Twila. Bullets have a bad habit of keeping on going after they miss their target. Probably no threat in a grizzly bear environment, but not so good in a city.

Crap. I didn't read far enough ahead to realize you had already posted this information.

those penknives are deadly

what a tragedy

A boxcutter brought down a plane. Anything with a blade can be lethal in the wrong hands.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
At least one of those cops is black, not that their skin colour matters (the only people pointing out their skin colour are the racists)

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
A boxcutter brought down a plane. Anything with a blade can be lethal in the wrong hands.

agreed, and eight cops couldn't take it away from him. Maybe some training could help.

I have seen small unarmed social workers handle worse. I have handled worse. It disgusts me.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
agreed, and eight cops couldn't take it away from him. Maybe some training could help.

I have seen small unarmed social workers handle worse. I have handled worse. It disgusts me.

I have pointed out before the American capacity for overkill. It took half a dozen US warships, including around two aircraft carriers, to rescue a Yank merchant navy captain held hostage by a few kids in a dinghy.

Once Yanks get their hands on guns they just go overboard.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I have pointed out before the American capacity for overkill. It took half a dozen US warships, including around two aircraft carriers, to rescue a Yank merchant navy captain held hostage by a few kids in a dinghy.

I still find it astounding that they killed him and I read this days ago...that they raised their guns and just blew him away due to a pen knife is almost beyond my comprehension. I don't know if it's a mentality of bravado or if it is just p*ss poor training and thus they couldn't engage their brain enough to problem solve or a combo.

There is also an article around here on the forum we discussed earlier regarding cops and I.Q. Apparently in many states, they don't like to hire anyone with an above average I.Q. because they do not have a history of longevity in the job and therefore it is too expensive to train them. Pfft, if I was working with clown cowboys like this I could full well understand why anyone with a few brain cells wouldn't stay long.

How could they even live with themselves after. Eight big fat cops. likely with vests on surround a homeless guy with a penknife and just gun him down.

It's disgusting.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It took two frigates, U.S.S. Bainbridge and U.S.S. Halyburton.

Once a Brit village idiot gets his teeth into a lie, he just goes overboard.

No, I take that back. Too harsh. Calling it a "lie" implies that Blackleaf has the intelligence and grip on reality to understand the facts and choose to say something different. We have ample evidence that he has neither.

I still find it astounding that they killed him and I read this days ago...that they raised their guns and just blew him away due to a pen knife is almost beyond my comprehension. I don't know if it's a mentality of bravado or if it is just p*ss poor training and thus they couldn't engage their brain enough to problem solve or a combo.

There is also an article around here on the forum we discussed earlier regarding cops and I.Q. Apparently in many states, they don't like to hire anyone with an above average I.Q. because they do not have a history of longevity in the job and therefore it is too expensive to train them. Pfft, if I was working with clown cowboys like this I could full well understand why anyone with a few brain cells wouldn't stay long.

How could they even live with themselves after. Eight big fat cops. likely with vests on surround a homeless guy with a penknife and just gun him down.

It's disgusting.
It's his own fault.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Oh, that's alright then. Two warships against four kids in a dinghy. I apologise profusely for saying it was another typical case of American overkill
That's OK. We're aware that your limited intelligence and grasp of reality makes your lies not entirely your responsibility.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
That's OK. We're aware that your limited intelligence and grasp of reality makes your lies not entirely your responsibility.

As a Yank, I bet you've got a whole armoury of sub-machine guns, bazookas and RPGs in your home just in case you ever have a rodent problem.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
As a Yank, I bet you've got a whole armoury of sub-machine guns, bazookas and RPGs in your home just in case you ever have a rodent problem.
Nope, just two automatic rifles, one Thompson, three shotguns, four rifles (including a beautiful British 1916 Lee-Enfield .303), and. . . umm. . . seven pistols.

For personal defence.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Nope, just two automatic rifles, one Thompson, three shotguns, four rifles (including a beautiful British 1916 Lee-Enfield .303), and. . . umm. . . seven pistols.

For personal defence.

so which one would you use against the penknife ;-)

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007

For personal defence.
is that because you keep your friends close and your enemies closer?