Ontario Election 2014 - The Official Thread

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
I want Horvath to take it in a landslide.

Yessireee!
That's my vote and got the wife on board as well.

I refuse to vote for someone like Hudak who has no party platform at all.

He promises a million jobs and still not a clue to anyone, not even a leak as to how he is going to pull off this miracle.
His other miracles of cheaper elelectric bills and better education, where is the plan. there is none just pork barrel politicking .

It's no time to kill 100 thousand jobs for life.

At least our tax dollars gives a life to someone.

Wynne is in aparty that does not deserve one vote . They lied, they lined the pockets of people and conned everyone.

Sorry if you want to be the one to say you won't do this anymore. Clean house the only way of doing it people, no votes for you.

Horvath won't ruin the province, if anything she will help the working class and the working poor.

Whats wrong with doing that every twenty years eh!

Blow some dough their way.
Is that really so bad?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I want Horvath to take it in a landslide.

Yessireee!
That's my vote and got the wife on board as well.

I refuse to vote for someone like Hudak who has no party platform at all.

He promises a million jobs and still not a clue to anyone, not even a leak as to how he is going to pull off this miracle.
His other miracles of cheaper elelectric bills and better education, where is the plan. there is none just pork barrel politicking .

It's no time to kill 100 thousand jobs for life.

At least our tax dollars gives a life to someone.

Wynne is in aparty that does not deserve one vote . They lied, they lined the pockets of people and conned everyone.

Sorry if you want to be the one to say you won't do this anymore. Clean house the only way of doing it people, no votes for you.

Horvath won't ruin the province, if anything she will help the working class and the working poor.

Whats wrong with doing that every twenty years eh!

Blow some dough their way.
Is that really so bad?
Yup lets abolish the pork but blow some of that pork to the working poor .
Good idea .

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
A fence post of any colour will be an improvement from the current government.

Though I thought the budget was a good one for the times, and I respect NDP's effort in holding back the cost of an early election, I applaud the fact they voted against supporting an increasingly untrustworthy government so we, THE PEOPLE, can be heard. I hope to Gawd, if we have a minority government, they'll behave like adults in it and reach some workable compromises. Petty bickering, objection for the sake of objection and spoiled brat politicking (or is it sandbox scuffling) is what got us into this train wreck.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
This was more to save face than promote democracy as the Liberals were encroaching on NDP territory with this budget.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
It was a dumb move that will give Whodat a majority that people will regret for years.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I have much less confidence in Hudak than I do in Wynne. Problem is, Wynne has to dump the McGuinty millstone from around her neck - especially with an opposition focused on opposing instead of working together to mend things. If Hudak gets in, it will almost have to be in majority because I can see Horwath and Wynne forming a coalition government.

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
I have much less confidence in Hudak than I do in Wynne. Problem is, Wynne has to dump the McGuinty millstone from around her neck - especially with an opposition focused on opposing instead of working together to mend things. If Hudak gets in, it will almost have to be in majority because I can see Horwath and Wynne forming a coalition government.
they never will form a coalition government .
This is a Reform party paradigm.
The Conservatives under McKay were so desperate they fell for this tactic.

Harper accuses and accuses others of this.

They did not ask to form a coalition under any sitting and never will.

Provincially it is the same.

It's a campaign tactic aimed at the feeble.

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
they never will form a coalition government .
This is a Reform party paradigm.
The Conservatives under McKay were so desperate they fell for this tactic.

Harper accuses and accuses others of this.

They did not ask to form a coalition under any sitting and never will.

Provincially it is the same.

It's a campaign tactic aimed at the feeble.
Walter does not like my reply so he reds me with no response.

You can't handle the truth! (Jack Nicholson) - YouTube

1985-1987 Ontario government was a coalition (Liberal-NDP Accord) - most recently - as was The Union Government (Federal - 1917-20) Both predate Reform
I did not know this.
Were these official documented or was the 85/87 just agreeing for budgets to get passed?
Did they have to go to the governor and ask for approval and the Queen and all that tommy rot.lol
I know total disrespects.

lol, got another red from ole lil Walter here.
What was it this time , asking another question.

hilarious.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Walter does not like my reply so he reds me with no response.

I did not know this.
Were these official documented or was the 85/87 just agreeing for budgets to get passed?
Did they have to go to the governor and ask for approval and the Queen and all that tommy rot.lol
I know total disrespects.

lol, got another red from ole lil Walter here.
What was it this time , asking another question.

hilarious.
I'm pretty sure the Peterson/Rae agreement was more a handshake alliance than it was official Coalition. NDP had nobody in Cabinet. Miller didn't get to be premier because of it, so it was legal.