Butter is back

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
it's almost bed time, don't go there lol, back in the day, my cupboard had a curtain on it, when the breeze moved it jesus help me....

As a tad, at night if home alone (Parents and siblings out for coffee), when the furnace kicked in, I could hear the demons scrabble along the ducts. away from the heat, Fear like icicles would spread from chest to arms to hands. I knew it was just a matter of time.

How about going down the basement stairs, alone, when they only had treads and no risers? Even if you turned on the light, it never illuminated under there. 8O

Actually that really wasn't much of a problem. I'd just send my brother down first. :D

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
How about going down the basement stairs, alone, when they only had treads and no risers? Even if you turned on the light, it never illuminated under there. 8O

Actually that really wasn't much of a problem. I'd just send my brother down first. :D

And, you could smell the must, like living death. The spiders!

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
yeah thanks for planting those small nightmare seeds....:p

You eat yogurt- Filled with good bacteria - Pro biotic- Same with cheeses. Your body has in your stomach around 4-5 K differing types of these. Needed for your health. Research is showing that the proper balance of stomach bacterias and such are critical you your long term health.

Next one
many people go thru treatments with anti biotics or other treatments, have killed all this off. They do a fecal transplant.

Another Dr has a treatment for C Difficle- it is poop pills from close relatives, replenishes the bacteria needed.

It was a Calgary Dr that started this.

Poop pills are latest way to cure dangerous C. diff infections, new study shows - NBC News.com

Canadian authors of a new study presented Wednesday at IDWeek 2013, a gathering of infectious disease experts, report the first formal success of fecal transplant pills aimed at treating severe recurrent C. diff infections, which U.S. health officials recently named one of the top three antibiotic-related threats in the nation.

Dr. Thomas Louie, an infectious disease expert from the University of Calgary, found a way to package donated stool into vitamin-sized capsules used to repopulate the intestines of C. diff sufferers with beneficial bacteria.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
As a tad, at night if home alone (Parents and siblings out for coffee), when the furnace kicked in, I could hear the demons scrabble along the ducts. away from the heat, Fear like icicles would spread from chest to arms to hands. I knew it was just a matter of time.
yeah and I would tighten my body so much it felt like my head was going to blow off

my brother was a prick for that...he would either turn the power off downstairs with the big breaker and then I would tremble in terror waiting for what he was going to do next as he snuck up the stairs...or sometimes he would pretend something was killing him down there or he would try to grab your ankles from behind the stairs...

that fear was delicious wasn't it?

You eat yogurt- Filled with good bacteria - Pro biotic- Same with cheeses. Your body has in your stomach around 4-5 K differing types of these. Needed for your health. Research is showing that the proper balance of stamach bacterias and such are critical you your long term health.

Next one
many people go thru treatments with anti biotics or other treatments, have killed all this off. They do a fecal transplant.

Another Dr has a treatment for C Difficle- it is poop pills from close relatives, replenishes the bacteria needed.

It was a Calgary Dr that started this.

Poop pills are latest way to cure dangerous C. diff infections, new study shows - NBC News.com

Canadian authors of a new study presented Wednesday at IDWeek 2013, a gathering of infectious disease experts, report the first formal success of fecal transplant pills aimed at treating severe recurrent C. diff infections, which U.S. health officials recently named one of the top three antibiotic-related threats in the nation.

Dr. Thomas Louie, an infectious disease expert from the University of Calgary, found a way to package donated stool into vitamin-sized capsules used to repopulate the intestines of C. diff sufferers with beneficial bacteria.
interesting thanks ♦

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
And, you could smell the must, like living death. The spiders!

Well yeah, that's why the little brother was the sacrifice. ;)

my brother was a prick for that...he would either turn the power off downstairs with the big breaker and then I would tremble in terror waiting for what he was going to do next as he snuck up the stairs...or sometimes he would pretending something was killing him down there or he would try to grab your ankles from behind the stairs...
That was the fear with the open risers!
that fear was delicious wasn't it?
Hey it kept us alive, right? LOL. Remember turning off the bedroom light then leaping into bed in the dark from the door? Talk about a long jump!

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Hey it kept us alive, right? LOL. Remember turning off the bedroom light then leaping into bed in the dark from the door? Talk about a long jump!
that type of terror when you feel safe is wonderful, and no I couldn't make it to the bed from the door so :( but I could see under the bed so it was okay...

also when I was younger I had a Micky Mouse night light and he had on a cool blue button down blazer and his glow was pretty and comforting, plus my monkey Mickey in bed with me...the one my mum tried to throw out when his striped body was rotting and the stuffing started coming out but I found him and yanked him out of the garbage, she told me he must have slipped in there...I believed it for years...he ended up getting a new body...I still have him

I might take him to bed tonight...;-)

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
And childhood nightmares,

Before I turned four, I dreamt my father, an elder sister, and I were at my grandmother's house. We were playing hide-and-go-seek. I was "it" and as I counted, my sister and father ran off to hide. When I set out to look, I could find neither. There was a small wood shed attached to the back porch. I raised the lid, and the shed was empty except for a bloodied arm resting at the bottom. I just knew, The arm reached for me, grabbed me by the wrist a slowly lifted me into the air. The terror shook me awake. Lying awake, it was pitch black in the room...

Good night!

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
And childhood nightmares,

Before I turned four, I dreamt my father, an elder sister, and I were at my grandmother's house. We were playing hide-and-go-seek. I was "it" and as I counted, my sister and father ran off to hide. When I set out to look, I could find neither. There was a small wood shed attached to the back porch. I raised the lid, and the shed was empty except for a bloodied arm resting at the bottom. I just knew, The arm reached for me, grabbed me by the wrist a slowly lifted me into the air. The terror shook me awake. Lying awake, it was pitch black in the room...

Good night!

You were quit the morbid little preschooler weren't you? Lol.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
You guys are welcome to your cholesterol... er... oh, sorry, I meant butter. :)

I use various things instead of butter: vegetable, canola, olive and other oils, or vegan margarines.

i use olive oil and grape seed oil as well, i often mix the two when frying, as olive oil burns easily but
the grapeseed oil doesn't, and i sometimes add a bit of becel to the two oils when cooking As well, adds
a bit of flavour for certain foods.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
I thought this would be safe thread to read. :( now i'm going to be thinking about creatures hiding, waiting to attack. :shock: now I need a hot chick to keep me distracted. ;) :p

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
i use olive oil and grape seed oil as well, i often mix the two when frying, as olive oil burns easily but
the grapeseed oil doesn't, and i sometimes add a bit of becel to the two oils when cooking As well, adds
a bit of flavour for certain foods.

light margarine is 'light' usually because it has water whipped into it, so if you're cooking with them, a lot of it evaporates, which means you're paying twice as much to cook with it.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
You shouldn't be talking about your member in the middle of Juan's kitchen like that.

(Talk about leaving the door wide open?;))

I saw that.....I do know that if you get butter on a member.....it should be unsalted......:roll:.......read it somewhere...

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
light margarine is 'light' usually because it has water whipped into it, so if you're cooking with them, a lot of it evaporates, which means you're paying twice as much to cook with it.

i just add a bit to the oils to add flavour, the oils are the main cooking ingredient, i never cook only
with margarine.

olive oil has too much flavour to use it alone, grapeseed oil has no flavour
to cook with it alone, so a bit of becel light completes the ingredients,
not much is needed.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Get the butter.

The nutritionist at the hospital here says for heart patients- margarine, for everyone else it doesn't matter much. Butter is much higher in cholesterol.

i just add a bit to the oils to add flavour, the oils are the main cooking ingredient, i never cook only
with margarine.

olive oil has too much flavour to use it alone, grapeseed oil has no flavour
to cook with it alone, so a bit of becel light completes the ingredients,
not much is needed.

Two of the healthiest oils are Olive Oil and Canola oil.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
For cooking, since olive oil should not be allowed to reach a high temp and thus should only be used in salad, I have now begun to use coconut oil...I can not express my delight with this oil.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
meh, I like how I can store Becel in the fridge take it out and spread it, so sue me

Why are you paying so much though? If you go to Canadamn Tire ask for bearing grease.

For cooking, since olive oil should not be allowed to reach a high temp and thus should only be used in salad, I have now begun to use coconut oil...I can not express my delight with this oil.
Me too, and it's actually good for us.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Why are you paying so much though? If you go to Canadamn Tire ask for bearing grease.
I like the taste of Becel

Me too, and it's actually good for us.
Very good for us and it has multiple uses so when I buy it I scoop out a bunch and place it in a separate jar to be used as body lotion....it's wonderful