October surprise

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
Oddly enough, I agree with you; Khadr was being attacked, so he fought back, and he's branded a terrorist. Bin Laden was an actual terrorist.

Khadr was an underage civilian and he wasn't a citizen of either nation engaged in fighting. He had no business "fighting back". "Terrorist" label or not, there's no denying he was an unlawful combatant.

Last edited:

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Khadr was an underage civilian and he wasn't a citizen of either nation engaged in fighting. He had no busy "fighting back". "Terrorist" label or not, there's no denying he was an unlawful combatant.

I think there have been many instances of people going to fight under the banner of another nation. If I'm not mistaken the US will accept certain foreign nationals into it's forces. It is a short route to citizenship I believe.

Yep...here it is...

Becoming a Citizen in the U.S. Military

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
I think there have been many instances of people going to fight under the banner of another nation. If I'm not mistaken the US will accept certain foreign nationals into it's forces. It is a short route to citizenship I believe.

Yep...here it is...

Becoming a Citizen in the U.S. Military

Great, so Omar can go to Afghanistan. He's made his choice. I seriously doubt he's going to go to college and get a job. He'll hit the mosque speaking circuit and become an ace recruiter for those who wish to do us harm. Mark my words.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
And if they're 14 years old?

There have been many 14 year olds in many wars throughout history. What's your point?

Realize what war is. It is brutal & ugly and there are no rules to the game....It's WAR, not checkers! What is it you expect? People being attacked can only fight back by your rules? Get a grip man

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
There have been many 14 year olds in many wars throughout history. What's your point?

Realize what war is. It is brutal & ugly and there are no rules to the game....It's WAR, not checkers! What is it you expect? People being attacked can only fight back by your rules? Get a grip man

Oh! So Ratko Mladlic slaughtering 8000 Muslim men and boys was a legitimate act of war then?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Oh! So Ratko Mladlic slaughtering 8000 Muslim men and boys was a legitimate act of war then?

Look at what the Northern Alliance did with Taliban or suspected Taliban prisoners when the US was after OBL and bombing the crap out of the Taliban

Some keywords would be - sea containers- Taliban - prisoners- time magazine wrote a number of articles on it.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

No rules to the game? I guess that exonerates everyone engaged in war... including us.

I'm tucking that away for future debates in here.