Minnesota: Gopher State
Backyard rodents bring you Happy Easter greetings:

... and Happy Pesach, too!

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Why do they have the humans in a cage?

At least this year there is the same back-to-back Sabbaths as on the year He was crucified. Wonder if that will have more people standing at midnight? lol

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
My point is that Jesus was a Jew and if he came down again the Christians would turn their backs on him again

and how could the Christians turn their back on him "again"? When did they turn their back on him the first time?

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
No he wasn't. He was an Israelite.

No Jesus was a Jew.. of the House of David, born of a Jewish mother, presented in the Temple in Jerusalem.. all defintions of Jewish identity. I'm not sure the term Israelite meant much back then.. as most affiliations were to tribes.. and kin.. or perhaps city states.. rather than nations.. a term which only took on a separate meaning with the emergence of the modern nation state.

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Jesus would probably have a conniption fit if he saw what has been done with his teachings. I never understood why we celebrate his torture and death with pigging out on chocolate and ham. How did an egg laying bunny ever get mixed up in these Holy days? And how did a pork get into the picture? The guy was a Jew and they are forbidden to eat pork.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
No Jesus was a Jew.. of the House of David, born of Jewish parents, presented in the Temple in Jerusalem. I'm not sure the term Israelite meant much back then.. as most affiliations were to tribes.. and kin.. or perhaps city states.. rather than nations.. a term which only took on a separate meaning with the emergence of the modern nation state.
David schmavid Israelites were the off spring of Jacob.

All Jews are Israelites but not all Israelites are Jews.

The **** ups of the Judeans are the reason God sent Jesus in the first place.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
what isn't commonly known is that jesus suffered terribly with allergies. when people would ask him what his race was, they were not sure if they were hearing, achoo or a jew.;)

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Anybody born in Judea would have been a Jew, not everybody living in Judea would have been a Jew. As such once Judea ceased to be then no more Jews were even born.