Harper ousts 19yo girls for facebook picture!

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Don't get me wrong Ton, I think harpers staff acted out of line. But if I were in there shoes, I might be a little weary too.

Many things are sensible to be weary of- a picture taken with a friend and Iggy is not one of them.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Many things are sensible to be weary of- a picture taken with a friend and Iggy is not one of them.
Ton, I may be more paranoid then you, but if I see a friend snuggling one of my enemies on facebook, I`m going to ask questions.

I get that chance, Harpers boys don`t have the time. I'm not condoning, but I can understand it.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Ton, I may be more paranoid then you, but if I see a friend snuggling one of my enemies on facebook, I`m going to ask questions.

That's a completely different situation. And I imagine that your list of enemies mean something altogether different than political rivals.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
That's a completely different situation. And I imagine that your list of enemies mean something altogether different than political rivals.
Yep. But I imagine that if i was holding rallies, I would want them to go peacefully.

It was a judgment call dude. Someone showed poor judgment in the process. I can see both sides. One, we need a leader that is open. Mean while, I can understand that his team may not want to be sitting in a room having to answer to "Why the hell was that asshat in here anyways", after Harper gets heckled.

To be honest, I'd even have the same opinion if it were Iggy or Layton on this one.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB

I get that chance, Harpers boys don`t have the time. I'm not condoning, but I can understand it.

What makes you use the term 'enemies'? Is there a war going on in parliament I don't know about? I thought the idea was that our government work together for the benefit of all Canadians. Me thinks you have bought into this whole divisive party system too much. Maybe a good read of our Constitution and understanding of the intent within it might help you remember what the function of government is supposed to be.

Quote:
“Fine, said lots of people. Leave gays alone? Fair enough. But, let ’em be Boy Scout leaders? Have each other’s benefits? Adopt kids? Marry each other? Ridiculous. Anybody seeking political office who suggested it would have been laughed off the hustings. Yet, the Liberals are ready to legalize gay marriage. How did we get to this point?”

So can I assume from this quote in your prior post you would against things like same sex marriage and benefits?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
What makes you use the term 'enemies'?
I was to lazy to type the word adversary.

What was it you crying about earlier?

Oh yes, trolls.

So can I assume from this quote in your prior post you would against things like same sex marriage and benefits?
You can assume anything you like. I can see you already managed to come to your own judgment, without anything other then a quote from someone else.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Yep. But I imagine that if i was holding rallies, I would want them to go peacefully.

Of course, but now we're back to what is and isn't sensible. If Harper, his team, or anyone else feels that the picture in question is a reasonable threat, then I really don't think they should have any control over how this country handles it's affairs.

When you put all the pieces together, the picture that emerges is of a paranoid group that go to all lengths to avoid scrutiny. I personally take great pleasure at laughing at those who ignore how tightly the PMO controls Ottawa, and then seem to forget that when it comes to controlling their campaign.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Of course, but now we're back to what is and isn't sensible. If Harper, his team, or anyone else feels that the picture in question is a reasonable threat, then I really don't think they should have any control over how this country handles it's affairs.
My standards are higher I guess. My list of why Harper shouldn't lead this country, contains actual issues.

When you put all the pieces together, the picture that emerges is of a paranoid group that go to all lengths to avoid scrutiny.
Ya, damned if does, damned if he doesn't. I know, I remember you defending him when he was railed for trying to have a personality.

I personally take great pleasure at laughing at those who ignore how tightly the PMO controls Ottawa, and then seem to forget that when it comes to controlling their campaign.
I laugh at those that think they're actually objective.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
You can assume anything you like. I can see you already managed to come to your own judgment, without anything other then a quote from someone else.

Your post was slighly unclear so I asked you to clarify if that was your belief...I did not impose it on you. Did you miss the question mark or do you not undertand what it means??

My list of why Harper shouldn't lead this country, contains actual issues.

Do tell us what these 'objective' issues are.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Your post was slighly unclear so I asked you to clarify if that was your belief...I did not impose it on you. Did you miss the question mark or do you not undertand what it means??
What part of "You can assume anything you like." Didn't you understand?

I don't discuss issues like that, which is actually a "freedom", with people that believe only the freedoms they like, should apply, and only how they would like them to be applied.

It's an exercise in futility.

Do tell us what these 'objective' issues are.
Sorry, again, I prefer to have discussions with people who are objective, don't irrationally liken Canadian political leaders to tyrants and have some semblance of critical thought.

That automatically excludes you.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
What part of "You can assume anything you like." Didn't you understand?

I would never assume to actually know someone's opinion unless they state it clearly. Assuming is one of your tricks.
I don't discuss issues like that, which is actually a "freedom", with people that believe only the freedoms they like, should apply, and only how they would like them to be applied.
You claim you have these high standards on the issues but won't discuss your position on the issues. Hmmmm, are you scared to expose yourself for who you really are and what you really stand for?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
lol... oh wow... you guys get that this stuff is the tip of the iceberg, right? A federal librarian I know was DOCKED PAY for bitching about the conservative gov on his fb page, and forced to remove his Liberal campaign placquard from his lawn lest he lose his job. If the gov doesn't like who you're talking to, who you're associated with, or the opinion you express, and they have even the REMOTEST way of letting you know that, they will. She's lucky that her only entanglement with this government is that of trying to attend an event.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I would never assume to actually know someone's opinion unless they state it clearly.
Good to know, I'll remind you of that, the next time I see you doing it.

You claim you have these high standards on the issues but won't discuss your position on the issues. Hmmmm, are you scared to expose yourself for who you really are and what you really stand for?
Oops, there it is...

Remember when I said this..."Good to know, I'll remind you of that, the next time I see you doing it." I see you doing it.

lol... oh wow... you guys get that this stuff is the tip of the iceberg, right? A federal librarian I know was DOCKED PAY for bitching about the conservative gov on his fb page, and forced to remove his Liberal campaign placquard from his lawn lest he lose his job. If the gov doesn't like who you're talking to, who you're associated with, or the opinion you express, and they have even the REMOTEST way of letting you know that, they will. She's lucky that her only entanglement with this government is that of trying to attend an event.
Did she contact the labour board? Go to the press?

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB

I think I would have made them fire me and then gone after them for it. That is a major infringement of civil liberty and just one more example of the facsist police state Harper would try to pass into law with a majority.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
No, he values his job and has already been shown that it is in jeopardy if you get out of line. Not everyone has the stomach for the battle.
Run with it. I hope it helps you drop Harpers lead a couple points. It seems things like facts aren't required when discussing Harper's gov't. Why start now.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
My standards are higher I guess. My list of why Harper shouldn't lead this country, contains actual issues.

You obviously have trouble understanding simple english and the act of questioning. You made a statement and I questioned you about it. I imposed no opinion on you, just asked you to clarify and explain your position.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Sorry, again, I prefer to have discussions with people who are objective, don't irrationally liken Canadian political leaders to tyrants and have some semblance of critical thought.

That automatically excludes you.

What about people that rationally compare Canadian political leaders to tyrants? LOL

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB

I would welcome a real discussion of the issues with you, do you actually believe you could have one without turning into a troll?