TheGuy's repeating theme Threads, that're all on the same tangent, merged here.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Re: Can anyone here state a simple obvious TRUTH?.

Not contestable in any reasonable way, eh?

Okay...

I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying ...

Actually, that sentence is no longer true, since you are not currently typing that sentence.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

If this will end thread, I would say that every forum has at least two or three idiots.

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver

Actually, that sentence is no longer true, since you are not currently typing that sentence.
But it was true when I was doing it.

The fact that it got recorded in history is an artifact.

Anyway, if people really want to get into it, simple obvious truths are around us all the time, but the irony is there's no way to prove it to anyone else.

And example would be the colour you see when you look at a clear sky. You call it blue, and while you perceiving that colour tone, you are perceiving that colour tone, undisputably to yourself.

Yes there's the old question that goes, "How do I know what I call blue you would call red", and the answer is, there is no way to know that.

But while you are seeing the colour you are seeing, it is an absolute fact that you are seeing the colour you are seeing.

What's funny is that, again using colour for example, people will say things like, "Colour is an illusion".

No it's not.

Lay on your back on a hill on a sunny, cloudless day such that all you can see is the sky when you look up. What you see is a pure, unadulterated field of blue.

That colour-tone is the most real thing, as real as real can be, in your vision perception. There's no way you can say while you're perceiving it that you're not perceiving it. That one of blueness is not an illusion.

It does exist.

It doesn't matter if what you would call blue others would call red. When they're perceiving that tone, they are perceiving that tone, and when you are perceiving your interpretation of that tone, you are perceiving it. You're both right, even thought if you could see into each other's minds you'd give each others' colours different names.

What's frustrating to scientists is they can't explain (yet) why that sense we call colour-tone has the *quality* that it does. They're also frustrated by how they can't prove if different people perceive the same colour a different way (although I've got an idea for a bit of research to nail that one down).

Consequently they get frustrated and give up and just say it's an illusion, but that's a cop-out, because it's definitely *not* an illusion while you're perceiving it.

Whatever it is that give colour its qualitative tone, the fact that said tone exists indisputably is one of the best hints people have that such a thing as a spiritual soul might really be.

When you perceive different frequencies of light, you don't see frequencies of light. You see a colour-tone.

Something it painting those frequencies of light with colour-tone quality.

Last edited:

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada

Sorry Cliffy. Even SK outdoor blows the BC and even Californian away. No where else in Nor Am has more sunshine

Yeah, well for a province with such few people, they need all the sunshine to dry up all the BS they produce.

Almost everybody from Sask moves to AB, and there, they have to be retrained into productive citizens. Those that can't cut it, move back to Sask.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Re: What is FAITH?

what evidence
The evidence is in the stories and teachings of some of the aboriginal peoples. The person who told me those stories did present some scientific evidence at that time, but I did not take notes and don't even know now, where to begin to find it. If you can find an elder in your area who is known for being a keeper of the stories, they may tell you if they feel you are worthy to receive them.

I don't know if you are aware that the Coastal Salish people have only a 300 year history there and are decendents of the Interior Salish people because 300 years ago a tsunami hit Vancouver Island so hard that it wiped out most of the people living on the coast and the island. When the interior people arrived to do their annual trade for fish oil they discovered the devastation they left and returned later to repopulate the area. This I heard from a Coastal Salish elder.

TheGuy

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2011

Yes, yes I can. Easy, nothing to it for me.
So let me ask a question and see what truth can come of it.

Why are you here?

We are here to LIVE..

What is LIFE?

I am alive, and I have FAITH that you are also alive..

You are born...you live...then you die!

These are the facts of LIFE that we KNOW from observation...

But it was true when I was doing it.

Anyway, if people really want to get into it, simple obvious truths are around us all the time, but the irony is there's no way to prove it to anyone else.

It is not my desire to PROVE anything to anyone, for nothing can ultimately be proven at all.. All we have is the simple obvious truths that are around us all the time...
You experience LIFE from within you own perception, I experience LIFE from within my own perception, we cannot PROVE to each other that we do, we can only provide reasonable evidence that the other is ALIVE.. Never the less I chose to have FAITH that you are ALIVE..
I need not prove anything to you which you already KNOW to be the case..
Thus we can discuss those FACTS of LIFE that are for each of us, independently KNOWN within our own perceptions or perspectives, or what I like to call our "conceptions of reality"

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

We are here to LIVE..

What is LIFE?

I am alive, and I have FAITH that you are also alive..

These are the facts of LIFE that we KNOW from observation...

It is not my desire to PROVE anything to anyone, for nothing can ultimately be proven at all.. All we have is the simple obvious truths are around us all the time...
You experience LIFE from within you own perception, I experience LIFE from within my own perception, we cannot PROVE to each other that we do, we can only provide reasonable evidence that the other is ALIVE.. Never the less I chose to have FAITH that you are ALIVE..
I need not prove anything to you which you already KNOW to be the case..
Thus we can discuss those FACTS of LIFE that are for each of us, independently KNOWN within our own perceptions or perspectives, or what I like to call our "conceptions of reality"
The truth & reality are relevant to the beholder. Now we are getting somewhere.

TheGuy

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2011

He's here to preach.

It seems that many are of the opinion that anyone who claims to state a simple TRUTH is preaching... but they fail to see that they have made a claim of TRUTH, because they imply that it is TRUE that one can PREACH..

It seems that many call a TROLL a preacher, and the same applies..

It seems that if you say anything which others dissagree with and attempt to provide logical reasoning or evidance of your claim, then in their opinion you are a TROLL who fails to respect their RIGHT to their WRONG opinion...

Some things are matters of preference...
Some things are matters of opinion...
Some things are matters of perspective...
Some things are matters of scientific FACT.....
Some things are matters of philosophical mathematical TRUTH..

The truth & reality are relevant to the beholder. Now we are getting somewhere.

You have made a TRUTH claim:

{The truth & reality are relevant to the beholder.}

This is your opinion of what is TRUE..

Is this TRUTH that you sate purely relevant to the beholder, or is this an observable reality which is TRUE...

Do you see the problem?

Ultimately NO ONE can deny the fundamental TRUTH that

"They KNOW something"

Thus whether or not what they KNOW it is TRUE, they at least KNOW that it may or may not be TRUE..

So they KNOW that..
So they do KNOW something that is indeed TRUE..

So they KNOW someting TRUE, and the KNOW it is TRUE that they don't KNOW everything..

I KNOW that I KNOW something TRUE
I KNOW that I FEEL
I KNOW that I THINK
I KNOW that I succeed
I KNOW that I fail
I KNOW that I precive reality..whatever it is that reality may TRUYLY BE..

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007

We are here to LIVE..

Ah I see you fail to understand the question.

I am not asking you why we are here. I have asked you why are you here. Don't be so grandiose about it.
It's a forum.

TheGuy

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2011

I can look at a FIRE without knowing what it is, or where it came from, or what caused it..
You might see it as well, and you may not know anymore then I..

But STILL, we both experience it..........and whatever it is.......It is what it is.. and neither of us can reasonably deny that FACT, although we might TRY..

Some might assume to KNOW everything their is KNOW and burn their hands in the process.. While others stand back and see what happens..

Ah I see you fail to understand the question.

I am not asking you why we are here. I have asked you why are you here. Don't be so grandiose about it.
It's a forum.

I ask you again, what is LIFE..

What is it to be ALIVE..

I ONLY KNOW what I KNOW, I can speculate and theorize, but then I might have an irrelevant opinion...

Why I am here on a personal note, (as in my most fundemental internal motivations and there cause), is really NOT your bussiness, and besides I could LIE or I could be mistaken, so what difference does it make what I say in response to your irrelevant question..

Other peoples objectives are their own and cannot result in my fear until they have first revealed their objectives toward me, to me.. Once they have, I may or may not fear them... However I can then ascertain if their objective is to empower me and/or to empower themselves at my expense..

If knowledge and wisdom is not empowering then what is?

If knowledge and wisdom is not obtained by FAITH in the FACT that the TRUTH can be realized in the mind, then how is it obtained?

The TRUTH reveals itself, one way or another..

FACT of LIFE:

The choices that you make result in your actions..
The TRUTH dictates the consequences of those actions irrelevant of the TRUTH/LIES in your mind..

What you belive affects ONLY the choices that you make, and does NOT affect the consequences of those choices..

The TRUTH is NOT up to you.. it is up to ITSELF..

Last edited:

TheGuy

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2011

When God is TRUTH there is FEAR..

When TRUTH is God there is SALVATION..

Salvation comes in the form of solutions..

The TRUTH saves..

Life is to be empowerd to choose and achive objectives, Life is freedom..Life is empowerment..

From TRUTH comes LIFE..

The TRUTH will set you FREE..

The TRUTH has provided salavation and LIFE to all, for all of history.. and beyond..

The TRUTH is the alpha and omega..

So ... exactly WHAT IS relevant to you? All I have seen is everyone is wrong but you.

What is relevant to me, is the SAME as what is relevant to YOU.. LIFE, FREEDOM, EMPOWERMENT..

What is that most valuable thing which is relevant to ALL?.........TRUTH which PROVIDES salvation & LIFE..

The Lord is my sheperd, I shall not want.........Because the TRUTH shall PROVIDE..

Seek RIGHTNESS, and then FAITH will be your salvation..

Seek RIGHTNESS by FAITH, seek FAITH by RIGHTNESS...

Seek an accurate conception of reality, through the abandonment of assumption.. by FAITH..

The TRUTH reveals itself, one way or another..

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W

When God is TRUTH there is FEAR..

When TRUTH is God there is SALVATION..

Salvation comes in the form of solutions..

The TRUTH saves..

Life is to be empowerd to choose and achive objectives, Life is freedom..Life is empowerment..

From TRUTH comes LIFE..

The TRUTH will set you FREE..

The TRUTH has provided salavation and LIFE to all, for all of history.. and beyond..

The TRUTH is the alpha and omega..

What is relevant to me, is the SAME as what is relevant to YOU.. LIFE, FREEDOM, EMPOWERMENT..

I don't get you dude. You throw out these statements that your clearly borrow from Christianity like "The truth will set you free" (John 8:32), but then you start threads like "I think it would make sense to BASH Christians".

You also keep contradicting yourself with the whole "objective truth" thing. The answer to that question is simple and you keep muddling with it. You also said that there is an objective "right and wrong" but no objective "good and evil". That's contradictory and self-refuting.

Do you live in fog or something?

TheGuy

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2011

I don't get you dude. You throw out these statements that your clearly borrow from Christianity like "The truth will set you free" (John 8:32), but then you start threads like "I think it would make sense to BASH Christians".

You also keep contradicting yourself with the whole "objective truth" thing. The answer to that question is simple and you keep muddling with it. You also said that there is an objective "right and wrong" but no objective "good and evil". That's contradictory and self-refuting.

Do you live in fog or something?

To be RIGHT is to be CORRECT...not GOOD..
To be WRONG is to be INCORRECT...not EVIL..

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB

Where are the Mods when you need them, this is absolutely useless (there's a simple truth for you), and needs to be closed.