Protest in Iran

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
It is the very fact that I don't know anything about you that means I also have no idea on what you mean by this term, "the problems with Canadian democracy". Generally speaking the protests over the existence of reservations is long over inside Canada, not everyone from outside would agree that we are as 'socially moral' as we claim to be.

We don't pay any attention to the 'outside' when it comes to 'baby seals' and when 10,000 get swept out to sea even the ones who are actively picketing still see it as dollars going over the horizon. Personally I think if you want to wear sealskin you should have to have it as a meal just once.

Another point could be if 'Canada' supports the US/Israel have openly said they actively support the political instability inside Iran by subversive means. As a Canadian I would certainly have objections to that sort of activity being waged in Canada yet many Canadians/Americans/ British/Israeli citizens feel we have the right/obligation to actively influence events in Iran or any other Nation.

Can we rightfully condemn a Nation on the way they treat women when their rights as people 100 years ago in Canada was not any better?

True story, in the late 70's when Afghanistan was making great strides in the human-rights dept it was the 'old guard' that suddenly got money/material supplies from the CIA that included throwing acid in women's faces as part of their 'campaign' against modernization. That pretty much eliminates me wanting to support the US in any of their 'foregn operations' as those tactics would still be approved in today's climate. Their profits for their corporations do not mean that much to me, ...... apparently and that just defines the right/wrong of it for myself.

I'm afraid I'm having a hard time making the connection between this post and anything I've said in this thread.

I said that nothing Canada has ever done affects my ability to oppose what other governments do. Instead of bringing up other examples of things Canada has done, you should be arguing why those things should deprive me of the ability to take other moral stances.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Keep it up.

When you say stuff this idiotic, when you behave in such a blatantly obtuse manner, you completely discredit every post you have submitted on the site.

Good job!

When was the last dissident executed in the United States....just for being a dissident????

Hmmmmm????

King, MalcomX, Kennedy, Kennedy etc

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I'm afraid I'm having a hard time making the connection between this post and anything I've said in this thread.

As you continue participating in this forum you will learn who you can debate civilly and you will learn that there are some people here that make no sense whatsoever.

King, MalcomX, Kennedy, Kennedy etc

Assassinated they were... executed they were not.

Unless you just put your tinfoil hat on.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
As you continue participating in this forum you will learn who you can debate civilly and you will learn that there are some people here that make no sense whatsoever.

Assassinated they were... executed they were not.

yes indeed the were executed ,on orders, by assassins

That has been the best modified funny hat joke in english North America since 1722. Previous to that the joke was popular in Spanish and French all having heard it first from the Abo's still in residence, it is thought that it entered the new world via the ice bridge over the Bering Straight from Siberia shortly after it left what is now called China sometime in the last 200,000 years. Yes it is a world heritage joke of great anthropological signifigance. Here at CC it is still very popular among many of our humour challenged posters.Please don't tell it to me again.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
yes indeed the were executed ,on orders, by assassins

Ah yes.....the American government ordered the assassination of the President....wait a minute! No......ah! The Jewish conspiracy to run the world ordered the assassination of the President....despite his support for israel.....no hold on......well SOMEONE ordered the assassination of the Kennedy dissidents.......you can't have these darn rich, Catholic, connected dissidents being elected into government or running for office.......

Perhaps, DB, you need to look up "dissident" in the dictionary.....

As for King and Malcolm X. well.........even if I were to join you under your tinfoil hat for a moment and say "possible" (which I most definitely Am Not!).............IT WAS 43 and 46 years ago respectively!!!!! Almost half a century!

I love you guys, you just casually make such fools of yourselves that I am almost embarassed to reply to your posts.....almost.

I have this unfortunate streak of intellectual sadism....I find it hard to resist kicking rational sand in the face of the insane.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Ah yes.....the American government ordered the assassination of the President....wait a minute! No......ah! The Jewish conspiracy to run the world ordered the assassination of the President....despite his support for israel.....no hold on......well SOMEONE ordered the assassination of the Kennedy dissidents.......you can't have these darn rich, Catholic, connected dissidents being elected into government or running for office.......

Perhaps, DB, you need to look up "dissident" in the dictionary.....

As for King and Malcolm X. well.........even if I were to join you under your tinfoil hat for a moment and say "possible" (which I most definitely Am Not!).............IT WAS 43 and 46 years ago respectively!!!!! Almost half a century!

I love you guys, you just casually make such fools of yourselves that I am almost embarassed to reply to your posts.....almost.

I have this unfortunate streak of intellectual sadism....I find it hard to resist kicking rational sand in the face of the insane.

Oh boy another tinfoil hat joke. People just love them, there so fresh, even after seven or eight hundred million senseless repetitions they still bring a smile to the yukyuk crew especially when complimented with the eons old dictionary joke.. Obama has singed off on an order legalizing extrajudicial assassination, of Americans. Please try to keep up with the times old man.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
The last attempted political assassination in the US was by a would be leftist assassin named Casey Brezik. This leftist got kicked out of Canada and later attempted the murder of the Governor of Missouri. He slashed the throat of the wrong guy. Check it out:

"Assassination attempt

On September 14, 2010, Casey Brezik, a 22-year-old Metropolitan Community College student and anarcho-communist[citation needed] who suffered from schizophrenia, stabbed MCC-KC dean Al Dimmit Jr. In a hallway by the computer lab near where Nixon was to speak about a half hour later at the Penn Valley College campus in Kansas City's Penn Valley Park. In the scuffle College Chancellor Mark James wrestled with Brezik and was also nicked. According to press reports Brezik told police that he thought he had stabbed Nixon. Brezik had worn a bulletproof vest to school. Press reports indicate Brezik had an anarchist symbol tattooed on his right hand and a star, hammer and sickle tattooed on his left hand. Nixon, who was at Kansas City Downtown Airport en route to the engagement canceled the appearance.[5] Nixon returned to the college at a different campus on September 24.[6]"

Jay Nixon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CUBert

Time Out
Aug 15, 2010
Canada
Keep it up.

When you say stuff this idiotic, when you behave in such a blatantly obtuse manner, you completely discredit every post you have submitted on the site.

Good job!

When was the last dissident executed in the United States....just for being a dissident????

Hmmmmm????

It's not idiotic at all ....

VII. On the Violation of Human Rights in Other Countries
The United States has a notorious record of trampling on the sovereignty of and violating human rights in other countries.
The invasion of Iraq by American troops has produced the biggest human rights tragedy and the greatest humanitarian disaster in modern world. It was reported that since the invasion in 2003, 660,000 Iraqis have died, of which 99 percent were civilians. That translates into a daily toll of 450. According to the Los Angeles Times, the number of civilian deaths in Iraq has exceeded one million. A report from the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) revealed that about one million Iraqis were homeless, half of whom were children. There were 75,000 children living in refugee camps or makeshift shelters. About 760,000 pupils could not go to school. According to media report, guards of Blackwater, a security service company with State Department background, shot dead 17 Iraqis for no reason on September 16, 2007, and it was given immunity by the State Department (The China Press, October 31, 2007). Investigation by the Iraqi government found that Blackwater guards had killed 21 Iraqis and injured 27 others before that. State Department investigation showed that Blackwater was involved in 56 shooting cases in Iraq in 2007. A US Congress report said the company was involved in nearly 200 shooting cases in Iraq since 2005, and 84 percent of them were random shooting. The Associated Press reported that an Apache gunship opened fired on October 23, 2007 at a group of people suspected of planting roadside bombs near Samarra in north Baghdad, killing at least 11 people, including 6 Iraqi civilians. But local police and eyewitnesses said the number of civilians killed was 14 (The Associated Press, Baghdad, October 23, 2007). Commanders of the 1st Battalion of the 501st Infantry Regiment made a baiting program to kill more insurgents, in which weapons were dropped as a bait, and if someone picked them up, the snipers would shot them. Many Iraqi civilians were killed in this way (Los Angeles Times, October 5, 2007; Washington Post, September 24, 2007).

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Glad you agree.

Not entirely... they have big cardboard boxes.
Doesn't sound like it would keep a hungry dog away let alone a starving bear. Skill testing question. How do you bear proof an igloo? You build it out of drift snow and the fire up the 'furnace' to high until the snow is 'warm' and then shut off the heat for 24 hrs, the result is a house of ice 1ft thick and a bear could bounce on the top of it, ...in theory ... not that anybody claims to have been through that particular event.

I hate to say it but Cuba got through the US embargo by having lots of community gardens, 'we' are trying to make that 'illegal' even for the homeless. In the old days the city garbage was picked through by people and in the end very little was burnt. In a true recession having city maps that show the old style dumps would be worth 'mining'. Look for 'ball diamonds' where lots of players in spectators have higher than normal cancer rates. By the time those oldest sites are salvaged the newest ones of today will be 'safe to open'

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
It's not idiotic at all ....

VII. On the Violation of Human Rights in Other Countries
The United States has a notorious record of trampling on the sovereignty of and violating human rights in other countries.
The invasion of Iraq by American troops has produced the biggest human rights tragedy and the greatest humanitarian disaster in modern world. It was reported that since the invasion in 2003, 660,000 Iraqis have died, of which 99 percent were civilians. That translates into a daily toll of 450. According to the Los Angeles Times, the number of civilian deaths in Iraq has exceeded one million. A report from the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) revealed that about one million Iraqis were homeless, half of whom were children. There were 75,000 children living in refugee camps or makeshift shelters. About 760,000 pupils could not go to school. According to media report, guards of Blackwater, a security service company with State Department background, shot dead 17 Iraqis for no reason on September 16, 2007, and it was given immunity by the State Department (The China Press, October 31, 2007). Investigation by the Iraqi government found that Blackwater guards had killed 21 Iraqis and injured 27 others before that. State Department investigation showed that Blackwater was involved in 56 shooting cases in Iraq in 2007. A US Congress report said the company was involved in nearly 200 shooting cases in Iraq since 2005, and 84 percent of them were random shooting. The Associated Press reported that an Apache gunship opened fired on October 23, 2007 at a group of people suspected of planting roadside bombs near Samarra in north Baghdad, killing at least 11 people, including 6 Iraqi civilians. But local police and eyewitnesses said the number of civilians killed was 14 (The Associated Press, Baghdad, October 23, 2007). Commanders of the 1st Battalion of the 501st Infantry Regiment made a baiting program to kill more insurgents, in which weapons were dropped as a bait, and if someone picked them up, the snipers would shot them. Many Iraqi civilians were killed in this way (Los Angeles Times, October 5, 2007; Washington Post, September 24, 2007).

All that is lovely, if you ignore the fact it was a war......that the Americans removed one of the worst leaders in the world, that Iraq is moving towards a democratic future..........that the Kurds are free.....

And more than anything, that it has NOTHING to do with the subject at hand.

Now, let's review.......

You said.......

lmao, American government doesn't treat their own people any better than the Iranian government. And let's not even get into how Americans have treated other countries throughout history.. :lol:

To which I replied.......

Keep it up.

Good job!

Hmmmmm????

Which sent you off searching out links to post, dealing with the very subject you said " let's not even get into......." while totally ignoring the subject at hand....the one I challenged you over......

"American government doesn't treat their own people any better than the Iranian government."

The statement that makes your entire post ridiculous.

Moving the goalposts midgame does not make you look any less silly.

CUBert

Time Out
Aug 15, 2010
Canada
All that is lovely, if you ignore the fact it was a war......that the Americans removed one of the worst leaders in the world, that Iraq is moving towards a democratic future..........that the Kurds are free.....

hahahahaha, yeah a war the u.s never had business getting into, only went to war under false pretenses, and utterly destroyed the country and obliterated many of its citizens.... they slaughtered more Iraqi's than Saddam did in his entire reign as president... Iraq isn't moving towards anything, there are protests erupting in Iraq and it was undeniably a much safer country under Saddam .
Saddam undoubtedly needed to be removed, but not in this manner, and not by the goofy yankees .

Now, let's review.......

You said.......

Which sent you off searching out links to post, dealing with the very subject you said " let's not even get into......." while totally ignoring the subject at hand....the one I challenged you over......

"American government doesn't treat their own people any better than the Iranian government."

[/QUOTE]

Sure let's get into how Americans treat their own people

II. On Human Rights Violations by Law Enforcement and Judicial Departments
The abuse of their power by law enforcement and judicial departments in the United States has seriously violated the freedom and rights of its citizens.
Cases in which US law enforcement authorities allegedly violated victims' civil rights increased by 25 percent from fiscal year 2001 to 2007 over the previous seven years, according to statistics from US Department of Justice (Police Brutality Casesup 25%; Union Worried Over Dip in Hiring Standards, USA Today, December 18, 2007). The national average among large police departments for excessive-force complaints was 9.5 per 100 full-time officers (The New York Times, November 14, 2007). But the majority of law enforcement officers accused of brutality were not prosecuted in the end. From May 2001 to June 2006, 2,451 police officers in Chicago received four to 10 complaints each, 662 of them received more than 10 complaints each, but only 22 were punished. Furthermore, there were officers who had amassed more than 50 abuse complaints but were never disciplined in any fashion (The Chicago Police Department's Broken System, University of Chicago, www.law.chicago.edu). On August 17, 2006, a 52-year-old Chicago woman named Dolores Robare was nearly struck by a speeding police car when she was crossing the road. The officer stopped and asked her to produce her identification. She was brutally beaten by the police when she asked them why it was taking so long (The Chicago Tribune, May 1, 2007). On December 15,2006, four businessmen were beaten by six off-duty officers at a bar for no apparent reasons (The Chicago Tribune, June 9, 2007). On August 3, 42-year-old African American Geffrey Johnson was killed at his home by the police using a taser gun. On August 6, 18-year-old black youth Aaron Harrison was shot in the back and killed by police pursuing him (The Chicago Tribune, August 9, 2007). On May 1 when Latino immigrants were campaigning for the rights of illegal immigrants at MacArthur Park in downtown Los Angeles, police officers abused their power by clubbing demonstrators and journalists and shooting them with rubber bullets (The Los Angeles Times, October 9, 2007). On November 12, five police officers fired 20 bullets at 18-year-old youth Khiel Coppin, eight hitting him, in front of his mother's house, after mistaking a comb he was brandishing as a gun (The China Press, New York, November 19, 2007). According to a report released by the US Department of Justice in October 2007, 47 states and the District of Columbia reported 2,002 arrest-related deaths between 2003 and 2005. Among these, 1,095, or 55 percent, were killed by gunfire of state or local police (Death in Custody Statistical Tables, US Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS)).
The United States of America is the world's largest prison and has the highest inmates/population ratio in the world. A December 5, 2007 report by EFE news agency quoted statistics of US Department of Justice as saying that the number of inmates in US prisons has increased by 500 percent over the last 30 years. By the end of 2006, there were 2.26 million inmates in US prisons, up 2.8 percent from a year ago. The number is the highest over the last six years. The US population only accounted for 5 percent of the world total, but its inmates made up 25 percent of the world total. There were 751 inmates in every 100,000 US citizens, far higher than the rates in other Western countries (EFE news agency, December 5, 2007). Among the inmates, 96 percent were serving sentences of more than one year, which equaled about one in every 200 US citizens serving a sentence of more than a year (Prisoners In 2006, US Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS)). Since the September 11 attacks, reincarceration rate has been rising in the United States. According to statistics, about two thirds of the inmates would commit a second crime within three years after releasing. Two out of three inmates would be caught again after their release and 40 percent would be put behind bars again.
Abusing the inmates is commonplace in US prisons. According to a report released by US Department of Justice in December 2007, an estimated 60,500 inmates, or 4.5 percent of State and Federal inmates, experienced one or more incidents of sexual victimization, 2.9 percent of the inmates reported an incident involving prison staff, 0.5 percent said they had been sexually victimized by both other inmates and staff, 0.8 percent of the inmates were injured as a result of sexual victimization (Sexual Victimization in State and Federal Prisons Reported by Inmates, US Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS)). The US government acknowledged in a January 16, 2007 report that suspected illegal immigrants were mistreated in five prisons, breaching the principle of humane custody (The Washington Post, January 17, 2007). The Washington Post reported on December 17, 2007 that juvenile inmates in a West Texas youth prison were sexually assaulted or beaten and denied medical care. Those who reported the crime got revenged upon and the situation remained unimproved months after the scandal was brought to light. (Dad Dismissed Prison Reform, The Washington Times, December 17, 2007).In January 2008, seven prisoners in Georgia State filed a class-action lawsuit accusing guards and other corrections officers of abusing and torturing them between October 2005 and August 2007, including beating them with batons and special black leather "beating gloves" and ramming inmates' heads against the wall. Media reports said some 40 inmates in other Georgia prisons complained of similar cases, in which guards strapped nude inmates to iron beds or iron chairs, denying them of food, water or access to bathroom for as long as 48 hours, and causing the death of two inmates (International Herald Tribune, January 8, 2008). Guards in American prisons regularly use taser guns. According to a 2007 report from Amnesty International, 230 Americans have died from taser guns since 2001. In July 2006, a prison in Garfield County, Colorado was accused of regularly using taser guns or pepper sprayers on inmates, and then tying them to chairs in awkward positions for hours. In August, prison guards in Arapahoe County of Colorado strapped inmate Raul Gallegos-Reyes to a restraint chair for yelling and knocking on his cell door. He died after being repeatedly stunned with a taser gun.
US prisoners often die from HIV/AIDS infection or inadequate medical service. A report released by the US Department of Justice in September 2007 said there were 22,480 state and federal inmates who were HIV infected or had confirmed AIDS at yearend 2005, 5,620 inmates had confirmed AIDS. During 2005 an estimated 176 state and 27 federal inmates died from AIDS-related causes (HIV in prisons 2005, US Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS)). According to a report by the Los Angeles Times on September 20, 2007, 426 death cases took place in California prisons in 2006 due to belated treatment. Among them, 18 deaths were found to be "preventable" and an additional 48 were found to be "possibly preventable". On April 14, 2007, 41-year-old diabetic prisoner Rodolfo Ramos died after being left alone and covered in his own feces for a week. Prison officials failed to get medical treatment for him despite knowing of his condition (The Associated Press, April 27, 2007).
The justice of US judicial system was increasingly put in question. Survey finds that since the first DNA exoneration in 1989, there have been 209 post-conviction DNA exonerations in the United States. The average length of time served by exonerees is 12 years. The average age of exonerees at the time of their wrongful convictions was 26, and 15 of the 209 people exonerated through DNA served time on death row (Facts on Post-Conviction DNA Exonerations, Innocence Project, www.innocenceproject.com). The Associated Press reported on January 3, 2008 that Charles Chatman of Texas was proved innocent by DNA evidence after spending 26 years in prison. In 1981, he was sentenced to 99 years in prison after convicted of committing serious sexual assaults. He was the 15th inmate exonerated by DNA evidence in Dalas since 2001 (Texas Man Exonerated by DNA After 26 Years, the Associated Press, January 3, 2008).

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
hahahahaha, yeah a war the u.s never had business getting into, only went to war under false pretenses, and utterly destroyed the country and obliterated many of its citizens.... they slaughtered more Iraqi's than Saddam did in his entire reign as president... Iraq isn't moving towards anything, there are protests erupting in Iraq and it was undeniably a much safer country under Saddam .
Saddam undoubtedly needed to be removed, but not in this manner, and not by the goofy yankees .

Now, let's review.......

You said.......

Sure let's get into how Americans treat their own people

II. On Human Rights Violations by Law Enforcement and Judicial Departments
The abuse of their power by law enforcement and judicial departments in the United States has seriously violated the freedom and rights of its citizens.
Cases in which US law enforcement authorities allegedly violated victims' civil rights increased by 25 percent from fiscal year 2001 to 2007 over the previous seven years, according to statistics from US Department of Justice (Police Brutality Casesup 25%; Union Worried Over Dip in Hiring Standards, USA Today, December 18, 2007). The national average among large police departments for excessive-force complaints was 9.5 per 100 full-time officers (The New York Times, November 14, 2007). But the majority of law enforcement officers accused of brutality were not prosecuted in the end. From May 2001 to June 2006, 2,451 police officers in Chicago received four to 10 complaints each, 662 of them received more than 10 complaints each, but only 22 were punished. Furthermore, there were officers who had amassed more than 50 abuse complaints but were never disciplined in any fashion (The Chicago Police Department's Broken System, University of Chicago, www.law.chicago.edu). On August 17, 2006, a 52-year-old Chicago woman named Dolores Robare was nearly struck by a speeding police car when she was crossing the road. The officer stopped and asked her to produce her identification. She was brutally beaten by the police when she asked them why it was taking so long (The Chicago Tribune, May 1, 2007). On December 15,2006, four businessmen were beaten by six off-duty officers at a bar for no apparent reasons (The Chicago Tribune, June 9, 2007). On August 3, 42-year-old African American Geffrey Johnson was killed at his home by the police using a taser gun. On August 6, 18-year-old black youth Aaron Harrison was shot in the back and killed by police pursuing him (The Chicago Tribune, August 9, 2007). On May 1 when Latino immigrants were campaigning for the rights of illegal immigrants at MacArthur Park in downtown Los Angeles, police officers abused their power by clubbing demonstrators and journalists and shooting them with rubber bullets (The Los Angeles Times, October 9, 2007). On November 12, five police officers fired 20 bullets at 18-year-old youth Khiel Coppin, eight hitting him, in front of his mother's house, after mistaking a comb he was brandishing as a gun (The China Press, New York, November 19, 2007). According to a report released by the US Department of Justice in October 2007, 47 states and the District of Columbia reported 2,002 arrest-related deaths between 2003 and 2005. Among these, 1,095, or 55 percent, were killed by gunfire of state or local police (Death in Custody Statistical Tables, US Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS)).
The United States of America is the world's largest prison and has the highest inmates/population ratio in the world. A December 5, 2007 report by EFE news agency quoted statistics of US Department of Justice as saying that the number of inmates in US prisons has increased by 500 percent over the last 30 years. By the end of 2006, there were 2.26 million inmates in US prisons, up 2.8 percent from a year ago. The number is the highest over the last six years. The US population only accounted for 5 percent of the world total, but its inmates made up 25 percent of the world total. There were 751 inmates in every 100,000 US citizens, far higher than the rates in other Western countries (EFE news agency, December 5, 2007). Among the inmates, 96 percent were serving sentences of more than one year, which equaled about one in every 200 US citizens serving a sentence of more than a year (Prisoners In 2006, US Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS)). Since the September 11 attacks, reincarceration rate has been rising in the United States. According to statistics, about two thirds of the inmates would commit a second crime within three years after releasing. Two out of three inmates would be caught again after their release and 40 percent would be put behind bars again.
Abusing the inmates is commonplace in US prisons. According to a report released by US Department of Justice in December 2007, an estimated 60,500 inmates, or 4.5 percent of State and Federal inmates, experienced one or more incidents of sexual victimization, 2.9 percent of the inmates reported an incident involving prison staff, 0.5 percent said they had been sexually victimized by both other inmates and staff, 0.8 percent of the inmates were injured as a result of sexual victimization (Sexual Victimization in State and Federal Prisons Reported by Inmates, US Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS)). The US government acknowledged in a January 16, 2007 report that suspected illegal immigrants were mistreated in five prisons, breaching the principle of humane custody (The Washington Post, January 17, 2007). The Washington Post reported on December 17, 2007 that juvenile inmates in a West Texas youth prison were sexually assaulted or beaten and denied medical care. Those who reported the crime got revenged upon and the situation remained unimproved months after the scandal was brought to light. (Dad Dismissed Prison Reform, The Washington Times, December 17, 2007).In January 2008, seven prisoners in Georgia State filed a class-action lawsuit accusing guards and other corrections officers of abusing and torturing them between October 2005 and August 2007, including beating them with batons and special black leather "beating gloves" and ramming inmates' heads against the wall. Media reports said some 40 inmates in other Georgia prisons complained of similar cases, in which guards strapped nude inmates to iron beds or iron chairs, denying them of food, water or access to bathroom for as long as 48 hours, and causing the death of two inmates (International Herald Tribune, January 8, 2008). Guards in American prisons regularly use taser guns. According to a 2007 report from Amnesty International, 230 Americans have died from taser guns since 2001. In July 2006, a prison in Garfield County, Colorado was accused of regularly using taser guns or pepper sprayers on inmates, and then tying them to chairs in awkward positions for hours. In August, prison guards in Arapahoe County of Colorado strapped inmate Raul Gallegos-Reyes to a restraint chair for yelling and knocking on his cell door. He died after being repeatedly stunned with a taser gun.
US prisoners often die from HIV/AIDS infection or inadequate medical service. A report released by the US Department of Justice in September 2007 said there were 22,480 state and federal inmates who were HIV infected or had confirmed AIDS at yearend 2005, 5,620 inmates had confirmed AIDS. During 2005 an estimated 176 state and 27 federal inmates died from AIDS-related causes (HIV in prisons 2005, US Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS)). According to a report by the Los Angeles Times on September 20, 2007, 426 death cases took place in California prisons in 2006 due to belated treatment. Among them, 18 deaths were found to be "preventable" and an additional 48 were found to be "possibly preventable". On April 14, 2007, 41-year-old diabetic prisoner Rodolfo Ramos died after being left alone and covered in his own feces for a week. Prison officials failed to get medical treatment for him despite knowing of his condition (The Associated Press, April 27, 2007).
The justice of US judicial system was increasingly put in question. Survey finds that since the first DNA exoneration in 1989, there have been 209 post-conviction DNA exonerations in the United States. The average length of time served by exonerees is 12 years. The average age of exonerees at the time of their wrongful convictions was 26, and 15 of the 209 people exonerated through DNA served time on death row (Facts on Post-Conviction DNA Exonerations, Innocence Project, www.innocenceproject.com). The Associated Press reported on January 3, 2008 that Charles Chatman of Texas was proved innocent by DNA evidence after spending 26 years in prison. In 1981, he was sentenced to 99 years in prison after convicted of committing serious sexual assaults. He was the 15th inmate exonerated by DNA evidence in Dalas since 2001 (Texas Man Exonerated by DNA After 26 Years, the Associated Press, January 3, 2008).
[/QUOTE]

That's all the abuse you can come up with.....over a time period of SIX YEARS!!!!!!!

Positively benevolent government......

In other words, the people are treated quite well in the United States....relatively speaking.

Now, how about dealing with the subject you have been dodging, the foolish claim you made......

Just to help you focus......an iranian Human Rights group says 121 persons were hanged in January in Iran, a country of 75 million, a significant number of which were hanged for political offenses.

4 hanged in the USA in January, after being convicted of murder by a jury of their peers, and having exhausted all their extensive appeals.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Who taxes more? Are their unborn grandchildren already in debt too?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
hahahahaha, yeah a war the u.s never had business getting into, only went to war under false pretenses, and utterly destroyed the country and obliterated many of its citizens.... they slaughtered more iraqi's than saddam did in his entire reign as president... iraq isn't moving towards anything, there are protests erupting in iraq and it was undeniably a much safer country under saddam .

fail