Freedom, Justice and Democracy RE:Egypt

Which person or group supports freedom, justice and democracy in Egypt

• Total voters

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Don't worry Bear I trust you man. Yer always wrong regular as clockwork.
This coming from the rodent that has never put up one single shred of proof when challenged in a debate with me...

Know thine own ass from a hole in the ground I always say.
And yet you can't. How sad for you.
I read them too, but I don't suscribe.......
You mean that you get RSS feed in your mailbox?:smile:
No, I don't go that far, but they are linked in my browser header.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
This coming from the rodent that has never put up one single shred of proof when challenged in a debate with me...

And yet you can't. How sad for you.
No, I don't go that far, but they are linked in my browser header.

Shred of proof, that's cute, you posted about three miles of proof here. Why would I have to do any work at all?

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Somehow I don't trust someone who suscribes to The Al Jazeera or muslim brotherhood RSS feed

Aljazeera has the best coverage of this event. Even the Whitehouse watches Aljazeeera for the latest information regarding the Arab world.

Until yesterday I never visited the MB's website. I decided to judge them for myself, rather than rely on surces like FoxNews. I agreed and disagree with what I read. It was about 50/50. Since I believe in separation of Church and State, I could not support the MB.

HONEST ABE

Feb 7, 2011
nairobi,kenya
Mubarak should give in to the will of the people..There should be a smooth transfer of power...p

The Mslim Brotherhood represents the will of the people...The should be given Power!!!!

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
So when is Mubarak going to get out of Dodge?

Looks like a stalemate situation. But the people involved in the transition negotiations claim they need time. I'd like to see Mubarak and his entourage hand over power to an interim government last week. I guess an orderly transition takes time.

Mubarak should give in to the will of the people..There should be a smooth transfer of power...
The Mslim Brotherhood represents the will of the people...The should be given Power!!!!
The Muslim Brotherhood is well organized, and that should be something the negotiators would be wise to leverage. But putting the Muslim Brotherhood in charge probably would not lead to free and fair elections. Besides Mubarak is so hostile to the MB, he'd probably fight on rather than hand power to the MB.

The MB can't implement their agenda or possess real power until after they have a mandate from the people which comes after free and fair elections. Until then, the negotiations are about who will be in the caretaker government and how does Egypt get from where they are now to free and fair elections.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
The likelihood of an Egyptian democracy at this time or anytime soon without a war of independence is vanishingly small. They will be crushed without mercy and very soon I think. I think that the danger to the bankers is that letting the protests continue without suppressing them will breed many more and of course that suppression will create more protest also there is the looming global war to maintain the status quo this may be a perfect time to commit totally. American ambassadors have been called to a special meeting with Hillary maybe they will get their orders and the market correction will begin.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
This doesn't look good. The Muslim Brotherhood has conceded in ongoing negotiations to letting Mubarak stay in power until the next elections. The protesters in the Tahrir square are committed to maintain their protest until Mubarak steps down. They are angry that the MB allowed this concession without consulting them or getting anything in return.
Egypt protests: Muslim Brotherhood's concessions prompt anger - CSMonitor.com

My guess is Mubarak and his allies aren't going to give up easily. They appear to be attempting to divide their opponents and dragging out the negotiations as long as possible, perhaps in order to gain time to re-assert control.

Overnight some of the pro-Mubarak crowd fired into the crowd of protesters in Tahrir Square killing several protesters. The Egyptian army is maintaining an 80M buffer between the two groups.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Even if they replace Mumbarak, who is to say that the Emergency Law (which is the real cause of this uprising) will be repealed?

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States

Wrong terminology "Multiple Platoons" Three platoons are one company. Hardly enough to provide more that security to get U.S. citizens out of the country.

Now if it were three Companies that would be one Marine Battalion more than enough to conquer Egypt. :)

What I suggested is precisely what US Congress is now considering.

How Fast Can Obama or Congress Cut Off Aid to Mubarak? | Mother Jones
We have already given Egypt this years allowance. since the uprising I don't think we gave them anything, that army has more than enough to do what ever they want at the moment.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
We have already given Egypt this years allowance. since the uprising I don't think we gave them anything, that army has more than enough to do what ever they want at the moment.
So rather than go and invade a place like Saudi (and win) the only goods the army has ONLY been given is stuff to quell only domestic 'threats' to the dictatorship. All $1.3 B just for crowd control in a Nation that is known for it's political prisoners even before any local disturbances. Israel and the US will stall the transition until most of the demonstrators are gathered in the dead of night, true to form of the death squads that follows the US into any Nation they venture into. The US even kill their own President when it suits their cause.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
So rather than go and invade a place like Saudi (and win) the only goods the army has ONLY been given is stuff to quell only domestic 'threats' to the dictatorship. All $1.3 B just for crowd control in a Nation that is known for it's political prisoners even before any local disturbances. Israel and the US will stall the transition until most of the demonstrators are gathered in the dead of night, true to form of the death squads that follows the US into any Nation they venture into. The US even kill their own President when it suits their cause.

What kind of pills are you on, Egypt hasn't received its 2011 allotment yet, so far Obama has did and said little. And who is talking about invading Saudi other than you. Israel is doing very well in this situation, they also have done nothing. How about you go troll someplace else. There will be no transition in Egypt the manner you want without major violence, true democracy will not come without fire. Right now we will all have to settle with what the Army wants. There only will be another Mubarak type with some new laws giving some increases in salaries to some, but the poor guy making $2.00 per day will still get $2.00.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
As food prices continue to climb, $2 per day means your children get less and less to eat. I doubt parents will do nothing as their children become skinny and sick.

The army cannot stop two million people rioting because they can't feed their families. The generals can give all the orders they want, but the grunts are the ones who have to pull the trigger. Whole I expect that front line soldiers would have no problem shooting heavily armed foreigners invading their country, killing unarmed friends and family desperately trying seeking food is something completely different. I saw signs that at least some front line soldiers would not fire on protesters even if ordered. Eventually they would have to choose sides, and I doubt they would side with the wealthy, corrupt minority against their friends and family.

The peaceful solution involves government reform as well as making food more affordable. If that doesn't happen, then the poor majority will steal from the rich, starting with looting the Presidential palace and then working their way through the rich neighborhoods looking for wealth, food and their dignity.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Dear Egyptians,

Please be careful. Do not destroy the pyramids.
We will not be building them again for you.
Good luck on your revolution.
Love,
The Jews

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
I have no idea, but...

" team-name inscriptions have been found inside the pyramids. On two blocks in the highest chamber of Khufu's Great Pyramid, for example, a gang of workers painted hieroglyphics that read "Friends of Khufu." And in Menkaure's mortuary temple another group displayed its insignia: "Drunkards of Menkaure.""

The latest theory is that villages would send their strongest and smartest to Giza to compete in annual pyramid building games. Teams competed for grain, gold and other prizes. The support staff included restaurants, masseuses, brothels...

Pyramid building was a sporting event to keep the masses occupied during the idle season.