free

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Somehow I got to like thick slices of cold corned beef between two slices of French bread. Has to be Hereford corned beef with a little Djon mustard and a dill pickle.
Juan - buy your corned beef from the Deli. That way you can really enjoy it (no, I mean it - you will like it much better).

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
ok....who's the smartass that deleted the actual OP and made it looklike I started this damn thing....Ron?.....Shadow?.......

This is the first time I've actually seen this thread, so it certainly wasn't me. I have no idea what the original topic was.:-?

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
I prefer sardines, but spamllldo if the hunger pangs strike.

DEEP FRIED spam is good for you. Fryin kills all them bad things. Half a million obese Walmart shoppers from Georgia can't be rong.......eh.

:pukeright:

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I prefer sardines, but spamllldo if the hunger pangs strike.

DEEP FRIED spam is good for you. Fryin kills all them bad things. Half a million obese Walmart shoppers from Georgia can't be rong.......eh.

:pukeright:
I guess any of us would eat Spam if we were hungry enough. It's hard to believe I used to buy a can of that every shopping day (every 2nd Friday). Both my husband and I grew up on the stuff so it was natural to buy it. That and sometimes, canned Corn Beef. It took our kids hating both for me to stop buying it and moving into only pre-packaged meats until Deli's became popular. I do not like sandwiches and almost all deli meats gross me out. I eat sandwiches only because I take a lunch to work.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
NO. Corned beef is worse if you can actually believe that something is. I gave it to my kids once years and years ago. When I changed the bedding I found the piece of corned beef stuck to the inside of the pillow case!!! He didn't even try to give it to the dog!!!:lol:

VanIsle
I don't know what kind of corned beef you were buying but Hereford brand corned beef has always been about twice the cost of something like Spam and it is all beef.

pijetin2

Oct 8, 2010
Somehow I got to like thick slices of cold corned beef between two slices of French bread. Has to be Hereford corned beef with a little Djon mustard and a dill pickle.

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
How come ? If you take a slab of spam ,any brand,and a like amount of regular hamburger,fry 'em,you get a hell of a lot more fat from the 'burger.So ,theoreticly,the spam is better for you.{I like mustard with mine}

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

List of canned imitation meat:

^ They couldn't afford the two letters so they replaced the S and P with a K.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
How come ? If you take a slab of spam ,any brand,and a like amount of regular hamburger,fry 'em,you get a hell of a lot more fat from the 'burger.So ,theoreticly,the spam is better for you.{I like mustard with mine}

it also presumably needs fewer preservatives because it's canned. lol.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
The gun held at the dog reminds me of the hold-up at Tim Horton's in Toronto. Seems that the perp walked in with a Canada goose under his arm and declared: "Give me your cash, or the goose gets it!"

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
3.8 cans of Spam are consumed every second in the U.S.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Do you have the statistics for head cheese?

Head cheese is disgusting stuff just to look at, let alone eat. I don't know if it is made out of boiled brains or what but
it wouldn't bother me if the world ran out of head cheese tomorrow.