Liberal phobia and the cause….

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Sorry countryboy, but I fail to understand why a hot dog stand would need four persons to run it, three employees and the owner. Clearly the owner is being lazy. No wonder his hot dog stand is in trouble.

I think my advice to lay off two of the three employees is quite sound.

Hey we are talking about a huge hot dog stand like you'd find at Wrigley Field or Yankee Stadium, where thousands of hot dogs are sold. Your tertiary dog maker would do the simple ones, the second guy would be responsible for ones where condiments are added and your primary dog maker would do those heavy duty foot long fellas.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I went to bed last night, & this Thread was on page #8. Has everyone
been play'n nice? Is this Thread still about:

"Liberal phobia and the cause…." ???????

Probably close enough Ron, we are still nattering politics.............and various ramifications..................:lol::lol::lol:

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Liberal phobia and the cause….

Probably close enough Ron, we are still nattering politics.............and various ramifications..................:lol::lol::lol:

A quick breeze through & I was considering merging this with the "Hotdog Shape"
Thread....but I guess not. ;-)

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
True to form, can't admit defeat..

OK you are must be almighty right and everyone else in the world is wrong.. 8O

I guess you will re-write history to suit you're debating needs.. So be it..

And why should I admit defeat? Do you find anything wrong with my post? The chart provided by you clearly indicates that the debt started to rise with Reagan, that borrow and spend started with Reagan.

Should I admit defeat just because you want me to?

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Just the umpteen times that you praised Martin (and rightfully so) for reducing the debt. I think that was the one time when you and I were in agreement............:lol::lol::lol:

I have never praised Martin the politician, all I have said is that he got rid of deficit. That happens to be the statement of fact. If you consider statement of fact to be partisan praise, that is your problem.

But show me where I said that Martin was a great man, he was a great politician, a great PM etc. I am not in the habit of praising any politician. But much as conservatives don't like to admit, it happens to be the fact, that Chretien and Martin get rid of Mulroney deficit. They rescued the drowning economy.

But I have never ever praised either Chretien or Martin, I have never said that I love either of them (as you have said you love Harper). I a just not into hero worship.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
And you stated in your profile that you have "no party affiliation" which is in direct conflict with everything you've stated here.

I did not state 'no party affiliation', I think that is just something forum puts in there. I don't think I mentioned anything about any party in my profile. I think if you don't put anything after political affiliation, they put in 'no party affiliation'.

In this case it happens to be true anyway, I am not a member of any political party.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
Oops, my finger slipped on the key there and made the words too big! Ha, ha...
(Darn new-fangled tecknoludgee...these heer ur-go-nomm-ick keeboards confuze me!)

Valium? Hmm...tried it once but it made my mind a bit fuzzy...until I came out of it, I got thinking I knew everything! Fortunately, after that little buzz, reality set in and I realized i was only human. Whew! :lol:

It's OK.. I took an extra one for you.. 8O8O

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Two things if you are prepared to listen to some common sense
1. Before anyone even attacks the debt (and deficit) they should figure out what was done (by them and predecessors) that got them into the mess.

I see. And I assume according to you Harper is doing that. He has figured out who caused the debt (Liberals, Chrretien, Martin and Ignatieff)) and Harper has a sure fire recipe for getting rid of the deficit (maybe he will get rid of minimum wage, that should cause the economy to take off like a rocket).

The fact is conservatives don't really worry about the deficit, they want tax cuts at any price. If that leads to bigger deficit, so be it.

2. I AM NOT Conservative- I am common sense while Martin was head honcho I fully supported him- Ignatieff is not Martin & I much prefer Harper to Ignatieff, so at the moment I would likely vote Conservative, but of course the final decision would rest with who the candidate is in my riding. (Is that plain enough language for you to understand? )

That is your opinion. From what I have read (that you think conservatism is the right way, and that you love Harper), I come to different conclusion.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I see. And I assume according to you Harper is doing that. He has figured out who caused the debt (Liberals, Chrretien, Martin and Ignatieff)) and Harper has a sure fire recipe for getting rid of the deficit (maybe he will get rid of minimum wage, that should cause the economy to take off like a rocket).

The fact is conservatives don't really worry about the deficit, they want tax cuts at any price. If that leads to bigger deficit, so be it.

That is your opinion. From what I have read (that you think conservatism is the right way, and that you love Harper), I come to different conclusion.

I think you're a prickly little yap dog....

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
And why should I admit defeat? Do you find anything wrong with my post? The chart provided by you clearly indicates that the debt started to rise with Reagan, that borrow and spend started with Reagan.

Should I admit defeat just because you want me to?

Let me see.. Sixteenfold over for FDR does not beat quadrupled for Reagan.. 8O

That's what happens when you double a larger number..

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I've said this 50 times, maybe on 51 you'll catch on. There is no such thing as raising wages for the poor per se.

Okay you raise the guy at $8 up to $10, What is the guy at $9 going to do?, What is the guy at $10 going to do? What is the guy at $15 going to do? What is the guy at $25 going to do? What is the guy at $50 going to do? What is the C.E.O. going to do? You can bet he's not going to be happy with a $2 raise.

Sure there is such a thing as raising wages for the poor. In your post you show it raised form 8 $ to 10$. As to the ripple effect that would cause, sure, it will cause some ripple effect. But there have been no studies to show that minimum wage causes unemployment.

If that had been the case, during conservative rule we would have almost zero unemployment, since conservatives never raise the minimum wage (at least in USA). Then where did the 2002 dot com meltdown and the current meltdown come from? Minimum wage was not raised, according to you that should have meant unparalleled prosperity. The why didn’t it happen?

If fixing the economy was as easy as getting rid of the minimum wage for the poor (or not raising it), Republicans should have been wizards at economic management. But as I have said before, it is easy to blame the poor for all the economic ills. There is no evidence to suggest that raising minimum wage causes unemployment.

Minimum wage was raised during Clinton years; they had low unemployment in USA. It was not raised during Bush years; they had high unemployment in USA. Blaming the poor for economic ills is easy, but evidence does not bear that out.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Let me see.. Sixteenfold over for FDR does not beat quadrupled for Reagan.. 8O

That's what happens when you double a larger number..

I have said before, FDR was an exception. There was worldwide depression at that time, it was essential to stimulate the economy.

But short of such dire economic conditions (like we had when Obama came to power), no president embarked upon borrow and spend until Reagan. Borrow and spend started with Reagan.

To compare FDR, who was facing more than 20% unemployment with Reagan, who was facing ordinary recession is stretching it a bit. What FDR did was essential for survival of the West, what Reagan did was not.

So yes, in my opinion borrow and spend did start with Reagan, the isolated example of FDR notwithstanding (he was facing a depression, Reagan was not). Borrow and spend ended with FDR, it did not start with FDR. It again restarted with Reagan. No president after FDR embarked upon borrow and spend for 30 years, until Reagan (and subsequent conservative presidents).

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I did not state 'no party affiliation', I think that is just something forum puts in there. I don't think I mentioned anything about any party in my profile. I think if you don't put anything after political affiliation, they put in 'no party affiliation'.

In this case it happens to be true anyway, I am not a member of any political party.

Fair enough and I'm not a member of any political party, so I guess what's good for the goose is good for the gander. :smile:

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Fair enough and I'm not a member of any political party, so I guess what's good for the goose is good for the gander. :smile:

Quite so. That is why I have never called you a Conservative, but a conservative. Same as i consider myself a liberal, and not a Liberal.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
The "No party affiliation" thing is another load of Horse Pucky from our expert in everything...
If you don't put anything in it stays blank and if you put the wrong thing by mistake you can return it to blank:roll::lol:

Last edited: