U.S. ambassador in Alberta to learn about oilsands

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
And juans report was from 2005 so like Anna hes just shooting from the hip and posting anything he can google thats bad about the oilsands and failing miserably,the ignorance is astounding and one of the reasons I dont like to debate the issue is because peeps usually have a hate Alberta thing on and it shows through pretty quick.
wow Things sure take a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong time to sink into your noggin. I was posting whatever I found on AB, not just the bad stuff. I'm not near as biased as you seem to be. So quit shovelling your character flaws into my lap.
BTW, I happen to love some of AB's areas.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Another thing. We don't have combined storm and sanitary sewers like Alberta so storms don't effect the raw sewage run-off.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
wow Things sure take a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong time to sink into your noggin. I was posting whatever I found on AB, not just the bad stuff. I'm not near as biased as you seem to be. So quit shovelling your character flaws into my lap.
BTW, I happen to love some of AB's areas.
Sure,you were posting about Alberta but none of it was relevant to the existing mine which seems to be the focus of all the mis information.

First a third of the province is an oilsands mine,then a mine pops up in Cold lake.
Then Juan posts a link that verifys what I have been saying,runoff from unregulated farmers after a heavy rain shows contaminants,while water sampled downstream from syncrude was excellent.

Jheeesh!:roll:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Sure,you were posting about Alberta but none of it was relevant to the existing mine which seems to be the focus of all the mis information.

First a third of the province is an oilsands mine,then a mine pops up in Cold lake.
Speaking of MISinformation, no-one said a third of AB is anything. Secondly mining drilling for oil is much alike in that the idea is to extract stuff from the ground. Ok, so there's no mine in Cold Lake.
Then Juan posts a link that verifys what I have been saying,runoff from unregulated farmers after a heavy rain shows contaminants,while water sampled downstream from syncrude was excellent.

Jheeesh!:roll:
This is 2008:

THE PEGG: November 2008 Issue

This is 2009:

U of S - Research Communications "Explore" Magazine

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
When your plants get overloaded the excess go's right into the ocean.
I can find that link for you as well if you would like.
You don't understand how these things work. Storm water doesn't go through the treatment plants. I've designed these systems. I don't care how many links you find.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
So where does the water go when settling ponds overfill?
That reminds me. When Brenda was closed and the land reclaimed we went fishing in the tailings ponds. Good trout.
Anyway, what is taken from the grounds at the mines? Ore. What's taken from the ore? Metals. What's taken from the ground at the tar sands? Oil laden shale. What's taken from the shale? Crude. Spill some metal on the ground and see what damage is done. Now, spill some crude on the ground and see what damage is done.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Women in the business are by far the best operators going.
I was one of the guys that had no problem with that,my crew of truckers were all gals because I had no probs with the redneck sterotype of gals not being miners.This was back in the 80's.woman were just breaking out into male role model jobs.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
That reminds me. When Brenda was closed and the land reclaimed we went fishing in the tailings ponds. Good trout.
Anyway, what is taken from the grounds at the mines? Ore. What's taken from the ore? Metals. What's taken from the ground at the tar sands? Oil laden shale. What's taken from the shale? Crude. Spill some metal on the ground and see what damage is done. Now, spill some crude on the ground and see what damage is done.
No offence Anna but you dont have a clue about the oilsands or minerals and should either bow out gracefully now or continue to have me lambaste you with facts that continually undermine any argument you seem to think you have.
Metal and gold mines are some of the worst polluters on the planet,especially where they use cyanide to extract the ore.
Mercury levels in BC streams are still prevalent because of their gold mining practices which used mercury to retort the gold for many years.

At the oilsands oil laden shale is stripped from the land,its then processed to remove the oil and put right back where it came nice and clean like,the topsoils are then replaced and its reclaimed to it's original state.
Do me a favour and go to the syncrude site and check out the reclamation pictures,unless your like Juan and cant handle the truth.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
This "crude" seeps from the ground anyways,we could just leave it and let the rains contaminate the rivers from run off or we can utilize it.
So bad analogy of crude spilling on the ground considering it bubbles up from the ground to begin with.:roll:
Yes,just like the Beverly hillbillies,the first oil seep in Alberta and first rig was in Waterton national peace park.The natives used it for years for waterproofing.;-)
So go make a difference in your backyard,quit dumping your feces into the ocean and then maybe you can come tell us how to be environmentally friendly.

Mashing out links on sites that you didnt even have the time to read yourself shows you have some kind of agenda, you dont give a **** about the oilsands,the hate Alberta bandwagon comes around once a week and you jump on it first chance you get.
Priceless:roll:

kryptic

- gone insane -
Sep 24, 2009
Alberta
Kakato, I see that man... this thread has gone to complete hell... unbelievable, some of the crap i read here

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Back to the plant,it's all on the syncrude site.
They have a zero discharge policy.
In a perfect world it would but there has been several breeches and non-stop leaching right from day one.

When it comes to the big picture there was no need to tap into the bitumen in the first place.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Kakato, I see that man... this thread has gone to complete hell... unbelievable, some of the crap i read here

I thought I had heard it all before but the claims and mis information just keep getting worse.
The activist flying north of fort mac was priceless,sounded like she just broke free of her basement.