What's your opinion on United States Of America?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
All quotes from Praxius...

Don't worry Colpy, besides some of what I said being just a matter of opinion, some of the things in his list seemed like they were just made in a Canadian forum just to stir crap up, so I figured I'd return the favor.

Like I said... I believe the US is and alright place for many, but for me personally, I can think of other places I'd prefer to visit and/or live.... or are better in some aspects.

Nobody and no one Country is perfect.

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
That's ok.... we do the same thing towards people from the US over many more things.

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." ~ Bush.... Former Leader of the Free World *snickers*

I've thought about it a lot, and I've come to the conclusion that the only intellectually honest thing to say about Bush is, "Yeah, we deserve to be laughed at over that. Yep, there's no way getting around it."

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
That's ok.... we do the same thing towards people from the US over many more things.

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." ~ Bush.... Former Leader of the Free World *snickers*

We are laughing as well. This is one of my favorites.

"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go." --at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon... President Obama Present Leader of the Free World *snickers*

or this...

"The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries." --Tampa, Fla., Jan. 28, 2010

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
We are laughing as well. This is one of my favorites.

"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go." --at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon... President Obama Present Leader of the Free World *snickers*

or this...

"The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries." --Tampa, Fla., Jan. 28, 2010

I have been to 58 states, so I'm one up on the Obaminator. :p

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
Well, not their school system, anyway....perhaps their post-secondary, if you can afford it.....

I got to defend the public school system in the US too. In the 2009-10 school year, there were 49.8 million kids (pre-K to 12th grade) in the US school system. At the end of the school year, just over 3 million will graduate high school. That's a lot of kids that wouldn't have an education otherwise.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
The top 5 in the world for education are;

1. Britain

2. Finland

3. Germany

4. North Korea

5. Canada

That list is from the OISR research institute.

North Korea? 8O

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009

1. Britain

2. Finland

3. Germany

4. North Korea

5. Canada

North Korea? 8O
The next ones are;
6. Belgium
7. Australia
8. Greece
9. France
10. USA
11. Japan
12. Czech Republic
13. Italy
14. Spain
15. Russia
16. Saudi Arabia
17. Luxemburg
18. Brazil

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

1. Britain

2. Finland

3. Germany

4. North Korea

5. Canada

North Korea? 8O

Yeah, I'm a little curious about North Korea being on that list.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
The United States of America forme is the greatest nation in the world!

I suppose that makes me arrogant, but none can compare to the USA, even with all her faults. Now let's get to work fixing the problems we do have :D

You don't want me to say what I think about yankeeland or your opinion. I'd be banned for life... :-|

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010

1. Britain

2. Finland

3. Germany

4. North Korea

5. Canada

North Korea? 8O

Good for those countries, but I mean, try setting up an education system that is meant to take care of about 50 million children. It's not easy.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Good for those countries, but I mean, try setting up an education system that is meant to take care of about 50 million children. It's not easy.
Now try to do that with several million of them being immigrants and having English as a second language...

I here ya Icky.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Jeez.... I've been hearing about all this Mexican gang stuff. If it wasn't for the United States, Canada would be about seven hundred miles closer to that border....

Good thing we had your back with DEW line, eh?

NOTE: Joked with best wishes ONLY!

sometimes you just gotta make it really clear for the dumwunz....

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron in Regina

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Now try to do that with several million of them being immigrants and having English as a second language...

I here ya Icky.

right:roll: because there is only one body that is responsible for and administers the education of those 50 million kids.

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
Since we're comparing countries, then the total population of the USA's school system has to pointed out. There are local school districts, but the US Department of Education generally oversees.

The facts are there: Just under 50 million children are educated in US public schools. Without the public school system, they wouldn't be receiving an education. That's nothing short of amazing. I'm surprised we're doing as well as we are.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Do you think its the greatest nation ever?
Do this nation offer more land better living conditions that any other country in the world?
what do you think?

I don't know who would have the knowledge to answer that broad based question & I certainly can't, having only Canada to compare it with and having only been in 11 U.S. States. However I have travelled four of them extensively and visited them many many times over the past 25 years. The living conditions were certainly fine for those on holidays, the people are just super and very hospitable and the scenery is excellent and generally speaking the weather is good. Who in his right mind would complain about all that?

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
It has been mentioned that the United States is too young a country to earn the title "best country".

Well can someone name a country that affected world history in a positive way in the last 230+ years? Can anyone name a country or for that matter, a continent, where people want to migrate to, more than to America?

Just curious.

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
USA: Our arrogance masks our deep insecurity and self- consciousness.

You'd believe that explanation, right?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

I assume you posted this great load of steaming horse sh-t as a joke and I won't bother to reply to it.

Yeah, I think he may have been exaggerating a tad, but it's still a pretty fine country.

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
A plus for the USA: Lake Tahoe. It's one of my favorite places in the world (well, out of all the places I've been).

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
Also, I can't live without the Americanized versions of pizza and Halloween. New York-style and American movie monsters, I love too much.