That Pesky North Korea Issue

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lawmakers fear Trump’s tough talk could trigger war

President Donald Trump's blunt North Korea talk raises fears of nuclear war | McClatchy Washington Bureau

the issue is that it is not "tough" talk..........it is STUPID talk.

Trump has 3 options for dealing with North Korea. They're all bad.

Just finished wiretapping Trump's brain - there's nothing. We are so screwed.

No surprise (thanks for verifying the "brain" issue ;-)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
That's one subject I'm not qualified to comment on. Does Trump have knowledge of the ability of transgenders to perform at military procedures? I imagine if he doesn't, several of his underlings might!
There are some occupations/positions where the suitability of the subject to perform is only one consideration. Another consideration is how he/she is viewed by others.

N.B. Correction.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

The US is estimated to have 7000 nukes to Kim's 60. Kim might be crazy but he ain't stupid. And the Chinese could march an army the size of the population of NK into the country and grab Kim by the nuts. Anybody who thinks the Chinese want nukes going off close to their borders isn't using the brains they have in the beaners.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

The US is estimated to have 7000 nukes to Kim's 60. Kim might be crazy but he ain't stupid. And the Chinese could march an army the size of the population of NK into the country and grab Kim by the nuts. Anybody who thinks the Chinese want nukes going off close to their borders isn't using the brains they have in the beaners.

Kim's 60 nukes?

How about, Kim's 6 nukes.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
What if Canada cut the following deal with China:

In exchange for China completely closing its borders to North Korea except for allowing legitimate Convention refugees into the country, Canada will agree to a reciprocal freedom-of-movement agreement with China allowing visa-free travel, study, work, and business implemented over 3 years. First year, visa-free travel and business. Second year, visa-free study. Third year, visa-free work.

China would jump on the opportunity. What could North Korea offer China to dissuade it from such an offer?
China is already the only candidate that will be awarded the 3 mile island off the coast of Gaza as the new port for them. Nothing will be allowed to upset that arrangement so all of this is to stop South Korea from doing what Crimea did, join the motherland.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
No one is going to war for this tiny backwater swamp of a country. In reality they threaten no one. All this bluster is intended for internal consumption to prop up a completely degenerate regime by inventing a threat of foreign invasion They are well aware that any type of aggression on their parts will see the leadership annihilated within hours.

It worked for Castro. Why wouldn't it work for N. Korea?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I was asking because it looked like you missed my point and I wanted to be sure. My point had nothing to do with whether the policy was good idea. It was about Trump not being able to do his job. He yammers on like the unstable toddler he is and no one listens. He announced the transgender ban on Twitter. The military won't be implementing the policy because Twitter isn't how the president gives the military directives. When asked about it, military leaders said they were still waiting for the actual orders.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that everything Trump does/says is his idea. 99% of it comes from his handlers. There's a method to the "madness". :) I do wish he'd shut up though and just drop a smart bomb down Kim Jong's chimney after dark some night. :)

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Actually a few of his potential policies are quite clever!

Bet you can't explain a single one and defend it for longer than 2 posts.

What do you suppose those qualifications actually are?

That's a good question. I remember talking about it a lot during the election. At it's most basic, the only qualification that matters for a US president is to win the electoral college. I would hope that most people agree a president, in practice, should be more qualified than that.

A president is a leader and so needs leadership ability, managing and organizing staff, choosing the right people for jobs, directing and motivating people to enact his policies, listening and judging the advice of experts and staff. You could expand the required qualifications to other areas, but if a president is intelligent enough to know how to hire the right people, he doesn't need much else.

There's a method to the "madness".

Explain it then.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
It worked for Castro. Why wouldn't it work for N. Korea?

Why did it work for Castro though? Prevailing winds perhaps? Florida in the zone perhaps and the American eastern seaboard perhaps?
I'll suggest the only reason for American agression is to save/support the petro dollar and nothing else matters at this time to the Americans. Any US military action must be directly connected to the salvation of the petro dollar, Uncle Scam is running on a half empty tank right now and really cannot afford a North Korean campaigne or anything else that might interrupt thier fragile and failing middle eastern slaughter. Pipelines to Europe are the most important thing they have to secure or the Petro Dollar becomes worthless and the USA with it.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Bet you can't explain a single one and defend it for longer than 2 posts.

That's

I'm off to an appointment in a couple of minutes but I'll give you one for starters that you can try tear apart. "Bringing jobs back to America". Have fun!