Riders 2014

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Lots of chatter around the league right now about the release of Weston Dressler by the Kansas City Chiefs and his subsequent return to Canada. Where is he going to sign? Who is going to put up the biggest bucks? Will loyalty have him sign with the Riders?

Weston, bless his heart, is the hottest property in the CFL right now and he can pretty well write his own ticket - within the limits of the bargaining agreement. However, as he will be signing under the new agreement he could command a very large salary indeed. And he will be worth every single penny and more.

I thought losing Andy was tough but if we don't sign Dress.............my heart will be broken for a very long time. Come on home, #7.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I'm watching the game again right now on TSN2

Well for pete's sake - no pun intended. :smile: I watched it on TSN2 last night - to what do we owe this abundance of re-runs??

Thanks for the tip - I tuned in in time to see Bene's challenge denied. :lol:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
It's TSN2 and Riders bring viewers and good ad dollars. I can't complain.

Not a whimper from me...............I think it's pretty cool to be able to concentrate on different parts of the game that I did not have time for in previous viewings.

I did have to re-schedule Amazing Race Canada though - can't miss cheering Meg and Nat on. :smile:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Just heard on TSN that Weston has re-signed with the Riders. He will have to pass a physical to seal the deal but will in all probability be with the team for the Labor Day Classic.

Welcome back #7

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
And just like that, the Riders have a share of first place in the West. We knocked the Bombers out and now sit at 7 and 2 - pretty good place going into the final games of the regular season.

Amping the excitement level, if that could be possible in a sell-out crowed, it wasn't until the last 28 seconds in the game that the Riders scored a TD to put them in the lead by 5 points. The Bombers came on the field with 20 seconds left and though a valiant effort was made, Drew's Hail Mary to the end zone was intercepted out of bounds by Sask. as the seconds ran out on the Blue and Gold. This is the 6th straight win of the Labor Day Classic by the Riders, the 5th under DD.

Best game of the year as far as I'm concerned as both offense and defense were in the game unlike previous outings where our D basically won the game for us. Coming from behind especially after Drew's run for the TD, and against the Bomber defense was no easy task but the play calling of George Cortez and the execution of our offensive line in the last 3 minutes of the game showed the strength and determination of our Riders.

It was a great game because of our opponents the Winnipeg Blue Bombers also came to play and Drew Willy was impressive again tonight as was the Bomber receiving core and their defense. They gave the Riders all they could take and more at times. They kept coming and never backed down.

ROCK ON SASKATCHEWAN ROUGHRIDERS!

35 to 30 for the good guys. :smile:

:wav:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
And just like that, the Riders have a share of first place in the West. We knocked the Bombers out and now sit at 7 and 2 - pretty good place going into the final games of the regular season.

It will be 2nd place when the weekend is out. Either Calgary or Edmonton will win tomorrow and go 8-1 (unless they tie and then the riders will be in 3rd).

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
DD runs for a first down. I love the way he plays! Helps make up for my Ravens losing.

Crap! DD down with what looks like a partial dislocation of his shoulder. Still, Riders doing OK with the backup.

What's his name, petros or Mowich? #12?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
So what the f-u-c-k was that play??????? Probably heading to a loss now.

Well, the way to correct that play is to pick off the next play.