New look CC!

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Ok...this is starting to sound REAL wierd......I am running Vista premium withIE7 with all updates installed and have had no problems whatsoever.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Something isn't right though. I tried froma couple of different pc's today and it did the same. Since most of the planet uses IE it would be prudent to correct this.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
For the time being, I would suggest people with problems running the site with Internet Explorer please switch over to FireFox. I've developed this site on Internet Explorer 7 in tandem with FireFox 2.x with support for Opera 9.x and I've come across no problems except for what has already been fixed.
There's a few bugs, but nothing coming close to crashing any browsers I've run.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I am using IE6 at both home and work. At home, I can upgrade if necessary. Work is not an option. :( Neither is installing another browser.

It seems to die after about 1 minute if not less. Strangely, if I am in the posting window ... no problem.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Yanno Andem, the more I play around and familiarize myself with the new layout, the more I like it! Nice to see the bugs getting sorted out. The control panel is cool, but I'm curious about the 'wall' feature.

Who can see someone's wall, and how long do comments stay there and.... what else can you tell us about it? Also, the friend feature - maybe just a little bit of info on these new features might be nice since some of us (ahem... that would be me) :idea: who are less schooled in the ways of technostuffs could use a few tips.
I see someone has spraypainted on my Wall. Thanks, Zan.:smile:
Without sounding like a wimpy whiner, I was wondering(even if it is at a later date) if we could have the option to have the Avatars show up all the time instead of whenever the cursor glides over the post.
Also, there was an option to change my personal title underneath my name in my posts(which I did), however it still just shows up as Mighty Intellect(on my profile page as well). I just figured I would let you know in case this is just a bug.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Oh this isn't good, IRBS, we can't have you unable to stay and play! Can you at least switch to firefox at home and see if it helps? For the record, I'm a creature of habit and resisted trying firefox for a long time, but now I love it. Maybe you will too?

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Oh this isn't good, IRBS, we can't have you unable to stay and play! Can you at least switch to firefox at home and see if it helps? For the record, I'm a creature of habit and resisted trying firefox for a long time, but now I love it. Maybe you will too?
I think that Doug is able to upgrade to IE7 at home, so at least he would be able to use it there, but he works long hours so I imagine he wants to get his CC fix(and make fun of Kreskin's choices in football teams) while he is there.;-)

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I think that Doug is able to upgrade to IE7 at home, so at least he would be able to use it there, but he works long hours so I imagine he wants to get his CC fix(and make fun of Kreskin's choices in football teams) while he is there.;-)
Just tell him 8-1.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
A quick update: Wall format has been fixed. Images don't float underneath anymore and nothing overlaps :)
Thanks Andem.:smile: I had that happen to me earlier when I posted on Karrie's wall.:lol:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
That's good to hear, Doug.:smile:
Just make sure that your Windows is completely updated, otherwise that nasty IE7 vulnerability could rear it's ugly head.8O
(Quite serious, by the way.)

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Yay! The little piece from the 'Trouble' boardgame is back, showing whether a person is online or not!:smile:
Thanks Andem.:smile:

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Alright!

I've done two things; first, I've temporarily disabled the rollover avatar effect. If it turns out it's been causing trouble, it's gone for good.

Second: I've got the online status icons back AND made the country flag a little nicer looking relative to the rest of the profile bar.