New look CC!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Juan, my avatat doesn't show up unless I move my mouse corner to the right hand corner of a post, perhaps it is the same for you?

Thanks Durka but that is not the problem. I lost my avatar before this new look appeared. It just isn't there.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I know that for a long time #juan, trying to PM you just brought up the PM link for a newb named juan. Most frustrating. I bet that's why our torrid net affair never got off the ground. Juan and I on the other hand.... wow.

lol.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I know that for a long time #juan, trying to PM you just brought up the PM link for a newb named juan. Most frustrating. I bet that's why our torrid net affair never got off the ground. Juan and I on the other hand.... wow.

lol.

That really hurts. This newb called juan doesn't even exist. My time is being beaten
by a non-existant newb with no posts......:roll: He must have some pretty important redeeming features...........I don't wanna know them....;-):smile:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Are you sure you don't? He's a lot like you.... he's got a really huge intellect.

Sorry, thought I had my avatar going for a while.........................No such luck....:smile:

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
You can disable avatars if they are bugging you! Goto your profile: Edit preferences, uncheck "Show Avatars". It's closer to the bottom of the page.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
The new layout doesn't seem as intuitive as the previous one and the scrolling isn't really to my liking, I guess I'll get used to it though.

Andem, any chance you could implement skins to allow the user to customize his/her layout?

I will eventually give users the option to choose an alternative skin. I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Jaun I can see your avatar when it mouse the right hand side of your post.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Just a note. Everything works as before for me including the 'go to first unread post'. Which still dutifully takes me to the first post in the thread. Maybe one in ten I get to where I last veiwed or sometimes get sent randomly to the middle of the thread. Doesn't bother me much but since you're up the neck with code anyway I thought I'd throw it out there. ;-)

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
As with most things, change takes time and bugs must die a dirty death. However, I do find that most functions work just as well, if not better. The screen width thing is a bit of a nuisance but the pages all seem to load faster in both browsers for me, less hang-time. :cool:

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Yanno Andem, the more I play around and familiarize myself with the new layout, the more I like it! Nice to see the bugs getting sorted out. The control panel is cool, but I'm curious about the 'wall' feature.

Who can see someone's wall, and how long do comments stay there and.... what else can you tell us about it? Also, the friend feature - maybe just a little bit of info on these new features might be nice since some of us (ahem... that would be me) :idea: who are less schooled in the ways of technostuffs could use a few tips.