'Jesus and Santa are 'verifiably white'

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
There is no divine interpretation.
The book doesn't need to be deciphered, what you read is what it means. It also means if there are 24 passages that are used to explain something and you don't read them all you are not going to get the whole picture and if that is the case read the first and last 3 chapters of the book and leave the rest alone. Better to be naive of what is in the middle than to do a half-way job and end up with the wrong version.

The older I get, the more simple and yet complex things become all at the same time.
I hope that means you are over 25. I seem to have left my later years as the time to cover the things I glossed over in my youth.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I hope that means you are over 25. I seem to have left my later years as the time to cover the things I glossed over in my youth.
I am getting close to sixty now. I have never really glossed over things even in my youth, even as a child, I always needed to know "why". If an adult didn't have a good reason I figured it was not about being beneficial for me but rather convenient for them. This last year has been more challenging for me than the last decade I think which means it has been a time of learning some difficult lessons which were none the less necessary for self growth. Self growth can suck. You can do it the easy way, which is listen to the whisper or you can avoid that on multiple levels and wait until it is a brick to the head. I needed some bricks to the head apparently. LOL... always an interesting journey eh?

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
My good friend, MHz, I wish you G*d speed in your quest. But, as you know, I cannot follow you in your journey.
Instead, I shall take 20 metres of copper enamelled wire #30, and listen for the gods.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
My good friend, MHz, i wish you G*d speed in your quest. But, as you know, I cannot follow you in your journey.
Instead, I shall take 20 metres of copper enamelled wire #30, and listen for the gods.
please don't hang yourself...lol...:p

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I am getting close to sixty now.
Okay.
I have never really glossed over things even in my youth, even as a child, I always needed to know "why". If an adult didn't have a good reason I figured it was not about being beneficial for me but rather convenient for them.
That hasn't changed except the ones doing the lying aren't your parents, they are probably less likely to do that if they are still around, both of mine are dead and in the earlier days they may have been mopre honest than I gave them credit for, even if the answers are the same as you describe.

This last year has been more challenging for me than the last decade I think which means it has been a time of learning some difficult lessons which were none the less necessary for self growth.
My biggest lessons lately are the body gives in before the mind does. I will be somewhat disappointed if my mind and body are gone and I'm still breathing. If I die at 76 like my father and his father then I have 16 years left, if I live as old as my mother them I'm looking at 35 more years.

Self growth can suck.
True, for me it was admitting I didn't already know it all while being able to explain none of it, safe mental position but not a very honnest assessment of myself. My most difficult challenge was to say, 'no.' when something was promoted as being right when I had information that is wasn't right. That isn't a trait that is always welcomed but it is better than feeling shame in not speaking out.

You can do it the easy way, which is listen to the whisper or you can avoid that on multiple levels and wait until it is a brick to the head. I needed some bricks to the head apparently.
That would mean you are incapable of learning and that probably isn't true. What is true is your childhood memories of the Bible won't give you the same story as if you covered it again today. Two examples would show if that is true or not, Daniel:7 and Revelation:17 both have a vision and an explanation, as a child they would both be somewhat cryptic, as a mature thinking adult if you read the vision part again after reading the explanation it isn't at all difficult to understand. (for just that part, the prophecy has a lot more text that applies to what tose two references cover and they do cover the same period of time which may not be apparent right away.

LOL... always an interesting journey eh?
To be quite truthful it may not have meant very much if I had attempted it earlier in life but it sure makes these years interesting. lol

please don't hang yourself...lol...:p
I thought a short-wave antenna was 30 ft of unshielded copper wire?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Okay.

That hasn't changed except the ones doing the lying aren't your parents, they are probably less likely to do that if they are still around, both of mine are dead and in the earlier days they may have been mopre honest than I gave them credit for, even if the answers are the same as you describe.
my parents weren't the lying type actually other than the Santa thing and the tooth faery and Easter Bunny. My parents kept it real. I was close to both of my parents. I choose well.
My biggest lessons lately are the body gives in before the mind does. I will be somewhat disappointed if my mind and body are gone and I'm still breathing.
me too

True, for me it was admitting I didn't already know it all while being able to explain none of it, safe mental position but not a very honnest assessment of myself. My most difficult challenge was to say, 'no.' when something was promoted as being right when I had information that is wasn't right. That isn't a trait that is always welcomed but it is better than feeling shame in not speaking out.
That's interesting because I have never had a problem speaking my mind to those closest to me. But to speak to those more removed I have often avoided it in order to be part of the group and keep things harmonious. I always regretted that. I no longer stay silent that but I still struggle with it.

That would mean you are incapable of learning and that probably isn't true.
No what that means is that as we travel the road of life when we need to alter our path or need to change our thought patterns or behaviour we are given painless little clues along the way. When we avoid them the clues become louder and more painful. They will continue until we alter our behavior or live with the pain.

What is true is your childhood memories of the Bible won't give you the same story as if you covered it again today. Two examples would show if that is true or not, Daniel:7 and Revelation:17 both have a vision and an explanation, as a child they would both be somewhat cryptic, as a mature thinking adult if you read the vision part again after reading the explanation it isn't at all difficult to understand. (for just that part, the prophecy has a lot more text that applies to what tose two references cover and they do cover the same period of time which may not be apparent right away.
I didn't read the bible as a child but as an adult.

I do not buy the messiah story. I have had personal experiences of God and they are more real to me than the book. And they are the same was what I experienced as a child except deeper and more profound...understood from an adult perspective.

To be quite truthful it may not have meant very much if I had attempted it earlier in life but it sure makes these years interesting. lol
It's all about being ready, I agree.
I view each persons journey to be a personal one and none more right than another if it leads to no harm for another.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I always regretted that. I no longer stay silent that but I still struggle with it.

No what that means is that as we travel the road of life when we need to alter our path or need to change our thought patterns or behaviour we are given painless little clues along the way. When we avoid them the clues become louder and more painful. They will continue until we alter our behavior or live with the pain.
Tact with me means sometimes I'm a tad too blunt even though the message would be the same using a 'gentler' approach.

The painful part was when I was about 35, one of those sink or swim moments. It turns out I did know how to swim a long time before that but I gave it up to fit in, not my wisest move apparently but I am quite comfortable with the last 25 over what they would have been like without the 'growing up' part.

Last edited:

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Tact with me meand sometimes I'm a tad too blunt even though the message would be the same using a 'gentler' approach.

The painful part was when I was about 35, one of those sink or swim moments. It turns out I did know how to swim a long time before that but I gave it up to fit in, not my wisest move apparently but I am quite comfortable with the last 25 over what they would have been like without the 'growing up' part.
tact doesn't always work with people I have found... they may choose to view it as weak and ineffectual or interpret the message totheir advantage...their problem of course, but I attempt to separate the action/behavior from the actual person (although not always successfully)

I really do believe that the behaviour is not always the heart of the person until the behaviour displayed is repetitive and then I cut it off. That part was a hard life lesson with a former friend. Everyone around me could see I was enabling her except for me. What finally jolted me to reality was when another friend who was attempting to help me see that spending hours on the phone with her was in fact not "helping" then said in sheer exasperation...you'd best figure out what you are getting out of this relationship and if it is "enough". that brought me up short...they were right. Of course it wasn't that clean or easy but essentially that is what happened.

one line sticks out in my head and frequently repeats...BE the change you wish to see. I try, I don't always make it but tomorrow is a new opportunity when I fail today.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
tact doesn't always work with people I have found... they may choose to view it as weak and ineffectual or interpret the message totheir advantage...their problem of course, but I attempt to separate the action/behavior from the actual person (although not always successfully)
Tact is more to do with people that I actually care about, anybody else it is better just to throw it out there and see waht happens, if it goes south it isn't a big worry and the 'problem' is either 'fix it now' or 'go away now'.

I really do believe that the behaviour is not always the heart of the person until the behaviour displayed is repetitive and then I cut it off. That part was a hard life lesson with a former friend. Everyone around me could see I was enabling her except for me. What finally jolted me to reality was when another friend who was attempting to help me see that spending hours on the phone with her was in fact not "helping" then said in sheer exasperation...you'd best figure out what you are getting out of this relationship and if it is "enough". that brought me up short...they were right. Of course it wasn't that clean or easy but essentially that is what happened.
That isn't a tactic I'm willing to use on my grandson.

one line sticks out in my head and frequently repeats...BE the change you wish to see. I try, I don't always make it but tomorrow is a new opportunity when I fail today.
That was getting a prescription so I don't lose my composure, when actually it is the medical community that needs to wise up and start taking things a little more seriously.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Jon Stewart blasts Megyn Kelly for insisting Santa Claus, Jesus are white: ‘You do know Jesus wasn’t born in Bethlehem, Penn., right?’ | National Post

Jon Stewart blasted Fox News’ Megyn Kelly on The Daily Show Thursday night, after she had commented Wednesday that it was a “verifiable fact” that Santa Claus is white.
The traditional “War on Christmas” is getting weirder this year, Stewart said.
“It is very difficult for even our staunchest defenders of Christmas to keep the spirit of the season when its very essence of the season is under constant siege by someone, something,” Stewart began.
After taking on Gretchen Carlson’s attack on the six-foot-tall Festivus pole being erected in Florida — “It’s Florida,” Stewart said. “You’re lucky there’s not a stripper named Christmas swinging on it” — Stewart aired Kelly’s segment, in which the pundit adamantly insisted that, in contradiction to an opinion piece published on Slate: “By the way, for all you kids watching at home, Santa just is white.”
“Who are actually even talking to?” Stewart joked. “Children who are sophisticated enough to be watching a news channel at 10 o’clock at night, yet innocent enough to still believe Santa Claus is real, yet racist enough to be freaked out if he isn’t white?”
Stewart explained that the historical character on whom Santa is based, St. Nicholas, was born in a part of the world that is now Turkey. Scientists say, based on research commissioned by the Vatican, that he actually has a darker skin pigmentation than his commercial image.
“My guess is that there’d be no Christmas if he looked like that dude, because he’s probably still on the no-fly list,” Stewart said, then airing Kelly’s assertion later in her Fox News segment that Jesus, too, was white.
“You do know that Jesus wasn’t born in Bethlehem, Penn., right?” he joked.

Fox News host Megyn Kelly tells kids: Jesus and Santa are both white guys; John Stewart Demolish - YouTube

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Teacher suspended over telling student Santa was white
Zelie Pollon, Reuters
First posted: Monday, December 16, 2013 07:09 PM EST | Updated: Monday, December 16, 2013 07:20 PM EST
SANTA FE - A New Mexico high school teacher who questioned an African American student's decision to dress up as Santa Claus on the grounds that the mythical North Pole figure was white has been put on paid administrative leave, an official said on Monday.
Students at Cleveland High School in Rio Rancho, just north of Albuquerque, were told last week they could dress up as holiday characters. But when Christopher Rougier, an African American ninth grader, showed up dressed as Santa Claus, he was called out by the teacher.
"Christopher, don't you know Santa Claus is white? Why are you wearing that?" the student's father, Michael Rougier, told local television station KOB, relating what he described as the teacher's remarks.
The boy's father said his son felt ashamed and embarrassed by the remark, which came to light amid an ongoing media spat over Santa's skin color after a Fox anchor asserted last week on the air that Santa Claus was white.
"And by the way, for all of you kids watching at home, Santa just is white, but this person is just arguing maybe we should also have a black Santa," Fox anchor Megyn Kelly said. "But, you know, Santa is what he is."
The remarks by Kelly, which prompted a social media firestorm, came in response to a Slate.com article arguing that Santa should not be defined as a member of a specific race, suggesting he be pictured instead as a penguin.
In the New Mexico incident, a statement released by the school said the teacher involved had made a dumb mistake and had apologized to the family.
"This situation involves a teacher recently hired by Cleveland High who made - and admits he made - a stupid mistake. The remark was inappropriate and should not have been made," said Kim Vesely, Director of Parent, Community, and Staff Engagement for Rio Rancho Public Schools.
Vesely said the teacher, who has not been publicly identified and could thus not be reached for comment, had been put on paid administrative leave. Per his parent's request, the student has been removed from the teacher's class.
Rougier told KOB: "If it's not for parents like me in interracial families to stand up and say it's time to stop this it's time to stop. I have to fight for my boys."
A high school teacher who questioned an African American student's decision to dress up as Santa Claus because Santa was white has been suspended.
Teacher suspended over telling student Santa was white | World | News | Toronto Sun

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State

Santa is white?

Heck, even some Republicans don't believe that one:

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Nothing like a debate over 2 fictional characters as to what they may look like...............

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Nothing like a debate over 2 fictional characters as to what they may look like...............
Except possibly a bunch of Christians getting all bent out of shape over their "right" to spend government funds in direct violation of the First Amendment to express their Christian faith by displaying German pagan symbols that are mentioned nowhere in the bible.