Horrendous sanitary conditions in northern Manitoba

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
That sounds a awful lot like promoting hatred. JLM might get after you.

Nah, more like touching on the truth than promoting hatred methinks. :lol:

Seem like you always have to say one thing too much.

Actually the people that I was thinking of when I wrote that actually are. They're very different. Guess that puts a snag in your over 7000 posts of perfection eh? It's all downhill from here.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: That statement pretty well defines him. What's really sad is that in 7000 instances of nattering he's hasn't learned a bloody thing. :lol:

Retired_Can_Soldier;1509009 It's sad when someone has to make crap up because they aren't comfortable with who they are.[/QUOTE said:
I've had a little experience with those types, like two brothers in law that are full of sh*t. (My sister is a slow learner)

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Wow, you really, really, really do not "get" why you get criticized, do you? Doesn't it ever strike you as odd how so many different people here have the exact same perception of what you are saying and how you are saying it? Don't you ever wonder why that is?

Seriously, read the feedback.

Most have no reasonable solution to the problem, or no solution at all, and most do not want to talk about it. Jsut like you. For you, the key is "DTM doesn have have the right 'feeling" here." To that I say, you're free to contribute.. You want to talk about the personalities rather than the issues. This is not Hollywood.

So, what's you're opinion on Indians? Feeling sympathetic is not good enough.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Maybe before you continue your sickening diatribe against Indians you should check out Chief Clarence Louie of the Osoyoos Indian Band. He is a man who people of any nationality would be proud of.

I don't write diatribes against Indians, I write, and so does the media, about Indians. The media says millions of dolars are spent, and Indians still live in squalor. I don't write the articles, I comment about the articles. It appears, from articles in the media, that some chiefs are better than others.

I forgot, I did have an aboriginal girlfriend, She was nice, and plenty of fun. But her aboriginal background didn't matter much to us.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Most have no reasonable solution to the problem, or no solution at all, and most do not want to talk about it. Jsut like you. For you, the key is "DTM doesn have have the right 'feeling" here." To that I say, you're free to contribute.. You want to talk about the personalities rather than the issues. This is not Hollywood.

I don't write diatribes against Indians, I write, and so does the media, about Indians. The media says millions of dolars are spent, and Indians still live in squalor. I don't write the articles, I comment about the articles. It appears, from articles in the media, that some chiefs are better than others.

I forgot, I did have an aboriginal girlfriend, She was nice, and plenty of fun. But her aboriginal background didn't matter much to us.
It's in the details dude. If you dropped the generalizations, and dismissal of fact. We could actually have a reasonable dialog.

Truth be told, I never thought I was perfect.
Hey, finally something we can agree on.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Truth be told, I never thought I was perfect. It is nice of you to say so though

Only you could take that as a compliment.

Doesn't have the right feeling here? Um, no, that's actually not what anyone is saying to you. We're actually telling you what we're hearing from you. You say something, we hear this. And not just me, but many, many others. Like I said earlier, you really don't get it.

My opinion on Indians? Firstly, I'll presume you mean First Nations, Native North Americans, Canada's indigenous population. Secondly, I don't have one opinion on an entire population of people. If you want a specific answer, ask a specific question.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Thousands of English, French and Italians live in squalor. It's a porcine characteristic, not a racial one.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Oh, so many people live in squalor, it's a problem everywhere, not to worry. Quebeckers and Europeans get billions of tax dollars so they must live in squalor too, it's so obvious.

SLM, pick any subject you like and give your opinion on Indians. There is no shortage of material out there. It's like getting an open ended essay question in a university when they ask, "discuss".That is, if you can. It checks if you've actually read, understood, and have thought about the material.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Oh, so many people live in squalor, it's a problem everywhere, not to worry. Quebeckers and Europeans get billions of tax dollars so they must live in squalor too, it's so obvious.

SLM, pick any subject you like and give your opinion on Indians. There is no shortage of material out there. It's like getting an open ended essay question in a university when they ask, "discuss".That is, if you can. It checks if you've actually read, understood, and have thought about the material.
You might try taking your own advice. So far your lack of understanding of problems faced by aboriginal people is epic.

Last edited:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
You might try taking your own advice. So far you lack of understanding of problems faced by aboriginal people is epic.

Problem facing aboriginal people are the same as non-aboriginal people. At issue is the failed means of addressing those problems.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Yup! We're dealing with an intellectual giant here folks.

The following are Mr Goofy's total comments on this thread. To modify what I said, he writes like he looks. For some people, writing in paragraphs and trying to forward logical arguments are impossible tasks.

"
This has been going on since we stole their land.

You might try taking your own advice. So far your lack of understanding of problems faced by aboriginal people is epic.

Yup! We're dealing with an intellectual giant here folks.
"

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Some say we have stole the land of Indians. A simple argument that many believe and contributes to billions in yearly expenditures by all levels of govt. I even heard from a man who said that Indians "technically" own Canada. I think this is nonsense but it's out there. It's nonsense because I am not going back to Europe because I was born here and how can it happen? It's dreaming.

jjaycee98

Electoral Member
Jan 27, 2006
British Columbia
For awhile now on C.B.C. radio I've been hearing interviews regarding the living conditions on reserves in northern Manitoba. No human being in 2011 should have to be living like this. People are packing water in buckets and are carrying out their human waste in slop buckets. The people are going elsewhere once a week to have a bath. Water facilities can not be installed until the houses are upgraded or replaced with new houses. About ten thousand residents are affected. We are a country of 34 million people. Surely to Christ a lottery could be arranged that would provide a few $million bucks to correct these deplorable conditions. A couple in Ontario just won $50 million. Time for us to get realistic and help our poorer brothers.

What did they do for millenium before the white man came along and introduced them to Toilets?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Problem facing aboriginal people are the same as non-aboriginal people. At issue is the failed means of addressing those problems.

WRONG- How many non aboriginals got buggered in school? Non aboriginals have different tolerance levels for alcohol. Non aboriginals are not as good stewards of the land. Historically there is very little comparison between the two cultures. There is less greed among aboriginals. Acting hoity toity is not an enate characteristic of aboriginals although I do see it creeping in now. Just the ones who have been overly influenced by the white man.

Some say we have stole the land of Indians. A simple argument that many believe and contributes to billions in yearly expenditures by all levels of govt. I even heard from a man who said that Indians "technically" own Canada. I think this is nonsense but it's out there. It's nonsense because I am not going back to Europe because I was born here and how can it happen? It's dreaming.

I'm coming over to your place tomorrow with half a dozen heavies and we are going to pull you out of your house and throw you out on the street and then we will own your house. Maybe in 20 or 30 years we'll draw up a treaty where you get to use part of the garage part time.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
WRONG- How many non aboriginals got buggered in school?

I have no idea. How many non-aboriginals got buggered in school?

Non aboriginals have different tolerance levels for alcohol.

Everybody has different tolerence levels for alcohol.

Non aboriginals are not as good stewards of the land.

There is no evidence to suggest aboriginals are.

Historically there is very little comparison between the two cultures.

There is very little comparison between Asian and European cultures but people seem to be able to adapt within a generation. Are you saying that aboriginals lack the ability to adapt?

There is less greed among aboriginals.

Nonsense. The aboriginal community is full of greedy people just like any other community.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I agree that the way we deal with this is not working. We should be clearing land claims, instituting change and those to the North that we moved because the crown wanted the land well I guess we could move them back. Money should not just be thrown at the issue and those who receive funding should be accountable, but revision is not an option.

The issues facing aboriginal people is distinctly different in that they were here first. They lived on the land and they got screwed over by our ancestors, molested by our clergy and segregated on reserves by our government. It was the Canada that created this mess we find ourselves in with the aboriginals and we cannot simply bow out because some feel history should be ignored.