Horrendous sanitary conditions in northern Manitoba

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
This must be Mother Corp getting even with Harper for cutting their dole. Ever since I can remember this has been a problem that someone reports on from time to time and yet nothing changes except the party in power. Even the great satan Trudeau never spent any amount of time or money on it so how is it now Harpers fault? I see it as just more **** he inherited from the Liberals.

I hate censor programs. **** = S*H*I*T*

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Frozen schmozen. Marsh schmarsh. The Red Army supplied Leningrad during WW2, not very well as a million died-and they had very bad weather to contend with, not to mention Studkas. The weather/tundra/muskeg is irrelevant here.

Dude what is your issue with aboriginals? Did you get beat up by Indians as kid. Did your Mom hook up with one and leave you alone? You are like a fly to sh!t. Wherever there is a thread on aboriginals you can be found always running your yap..

Care to share?

Last edited:

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Not much to share personally. Never saw any Indians growing up. Just saw them from a distance when I worked downtown in my late teens. My mom, dad. siblings had nothing at all to do with them. Like many Canadians, they only really exist in the media.

You can't win, I get criticized for starting threads on Indians, and commenting on them. We spend billions on Indians, far too many live in squalor, and most yawn. Doesn't billions of dollars interest you? I guess not. You must be rich.

Also, I never went along when others called Indians "chugs". Not because I liked them, but they seemed underdogs and didn't need such abuse.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Not much to share personally. Never saw any Indians growing up. Just saw them from a distance when I worked downtown in my late teens. My mom, dad. siblings had nothing at all to do with them. Like many Canadians, they only really exist in the media.
I don't think I really understand your last statement. Really only exist in the media.

You can't win, I get criticized for starting threads on Indians, and commenting on them. We spend billions on Indians, far too many live in squalor, and most yawn. Doesn't billions of dollars interest you? I guess not. You must be rich.
Billions of dollars interest me. I'm not for throwing money at an issue in the hope it will go away, but I also know we've got a ton of unsettled land claims, a history of abuse and oppression and we have essentially created a lot of the issues we now have. I use the term "we" to represent our ancestors.

Also, I never went along when others called Indians "chugs". Not because I liked them, but they seemed underdogs and didn't need such abuse

Also, I never went along when others called blacks "N*ggers". Not because I liked them, but they seemed underdogs and didn't need such abuse.

Do you see how the above sentence sounds ignorant and racist. Other than changing two words what makes it so different from what you just said.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Indians live in Canada, but separately. Unless you take an interest in them, you can completely ignore them, especially if you live in a city.

That does seem to be the plan, throw billions of dollars at the problem and hope it solves itself. It might work. But it seems to be working very slowly.

Don't I get some credit for not calling people names? That's racist and ignorant? Makes no sense. Being indifferent is not racism. Whenever I met an Indian I treated him like anybody else. Same with a black person.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
""quote Dumpy"Don't I get some credit for not calling people names? That's racist and ignorant? Makes no sense. Being indifferent is not racism. Whenever I met an Indian I treated him like anybody else. Same with a black person.""

Yah, me too. Mighty white of me if I do say so.

I think what pisses a lot of people off is that they read about this million or that million being given to a "tribe" or tribes for the purpose of education, housing, welfare. Then they read about how much money the "chiefs" make, and how the money gets siphoned off somewhere, with little oversight and accountability - leaving the ordinary folks as poor or poorer than they were before. True or not, it's the news pap which is thrown out there.

It seems to keep on happening..........((seems))...........and reporting the like is inflammatory, but there's usually very little follow up done so "whitey" just sees the tax dollars being chucked into the vortex, and hears about "new" land claims for some more millions; all this while the white man is seeing his owns situation regress.

So the average Joe reads it in the paper, or sees it on TV, says "goddam", and then gets on with whatever life he has.

Whatever party happens to be in power seems to throw money at the problem, has a few meetings with various aboriginal groups, words are spoken, agreements agreed upon, and very little actually gets done. Because there's NO POLITICAL WILL to really change things, to really HELP.

Quite circular isn't it. Keeps coming and going around. Gives us something to bitch about in between elections. T'would be funny if only it didn't cost so much and real people were not suffering.

Wiser men than I are in charge. I hope. So far it's St. Harpo, St. Flatulance, and St. Baird. Good luck.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Whatever party happens to be in power seems to throw money at the problem, has a few meetings with various aboriginal groups, words are spoken, agreements agreed upon, and very little actually gets done. Because there's NO POLITICAL WILL to really change things, to really HELP.

Quite circular isn't it. Keeps coming and going around. Gives us something to bitch about in between elections. T'would be funny if only it didn't cost so much and real people were not suffering.

Not only no political will, but in reality little will on the people involved to live in better conditions. My house needs regular maintenance, which I perform. If you choose to live in a house and do zero maintenance, because you expect someone else to do it all, soon enough you'll be living in squalor.

That may not be the case in Manitoba, but it is the case on the reserves in NB where I have visited.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Nor can you explain why the problem is not as bad on Baffin Island. Tough access there too.
Industry explains it clearly.

Frozen schmozen. Marsh schmarsh.
That comment only highlights your lack of knowledge of the area.

The Red Army supplied Leningrad during WW2, not very well as a million died-and they had very bad weather to contend with, not to mention Studkas.
Simply because the powers that be were willing to expend any cost, human or otherwise.

The weather/tundra/muskeg is irrelevant here.
Even by your own standards, it isn't. The cost would likely be in the millions. Muskeg has to be gone over, or around in many cases. Given your complaints about money thrown at 'Indians', wouldn't spending that kind of money upset you too?

Like many Canadians, they only really exist in the media.
And you think that's a fair example of what all First Nations are like?

... I get criticized for starting threads on Indians, and commenting on them.
No, you get criticized for generalizing, ignoring facts, making things up and otherwise having no interest in learning anything about First Nations, beyond your limited exposure to a media induced image. Coupled with an unhealthy dose of what appears to be racial prejudice.

We spend billions on Indians, far too many live in squalor, and most yawn.
When you say most, who are you referring to?

Doesn't billions of dollars interest you?
Yes.

Also, I never went along when others called Indians "chugs". Not because I liked them, but they seemed underdogs and didn't need such abuse.
The ignorance of that statement aside. Anytime I hear some 'Indian' talking about how the 'white man' is keeping 'Indians' down, I don't just ignore it, or not go along. I bristle against it and challenge them to make a valid, contemporary case.

Indians live in Canada, but separately.
These are the silly generalized comments that make it so hard to give your posts anything but contempt.

That does seem to be the plan, throw billions of dollars at the problem and hope it solves itself. It might work. But it seems to be working very slowly.
It rarely works. It's something I have railed against for years.

If I didn't have to spend so much time trying to correct the myths, lies, stereotypes and generalizations. We could likely find common ground. It's not as if you don't say somethings I agree with. It's just that you bury them under a ton of shyte, that makes it hard to treat you with any sort of respect.

Don't I get some credit for not calling people names? That's racist and ignorant?
Names have nothing to do with why you come off like a bit of a racist. It's in your dismissal of facts, and use of broad sweeping, myths, lies, stereotypes and generalizations, that creates that impression.

Makes no sense. Being indifferent is not racism. Whenever I met an Indian I treated him like anybody else. Same with a black person.
Then why do you generalize whole racial groups, and ignore facts that show your generalizations to be false?

I think what pisses a lot of people off is that they read about this million or that million being given to a "tribe" or tribes for the purpose of education, housing, welfare. Then they read about how much money the "chiefs" make, and how the money gets siphoned off somewhere, with little oversight and accountability - leaving the ordinary folks as poor or poorer than they were before. True or not, it's the news pap which is thrown out there.
It's true. It's wide spread, and it pisses me off too.

It seems to keep on happening..........((seems))...........and reporting the like is inflammatory, but there's usually very little follow up done so "whitey" just sees the tax dollars being chucked into the vortex, and hears about "new" land claims for some more millions; all this while the white man is seeing his owns situation regress.
I can empathize. Especially when you consider the amount of sloth, waste, criminality and apathy, that permeates many reserves and Councils.

It was in large part to those very issues, that my Grandfather moved off the rez.

Because there's NO POLITICAL WILL to really change things, to really HELP.
Beyond the cheap optics of throwing wasted money at any issue that raises its ugly head. It's time for real change, real focus and real accountability. Across the board.

Last edited:

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

Wow, you really, really, really do not "get" why you get criticized, do you? Doesn't it ever strike you as odd how so many different people here have the exact same perception of what you are saying and how you are saying it? Don't you ever wonder why that is?

Seriously, read the feedback.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Clearly what we are doing doesn't work. Time for a new approach.

Doesn't it ever strike you as odd how so many different people here have the exact same perception of what you are saying and how you are saying it?

They're not really all that different.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Maybe before you continue your sickening diatribe against Indians you should check out Chief Clarence Louie of the Osoyoos Indian Band. He is a man who people of any nationality would be proud of.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Billions are not thrown at indian problems. Billions are squandered by mostly white bureaucrats and lawyers at indian affairs. Little trickles down to where it is needed and much of that is not spent wisely.
The media don't know ****. If you really want to get a grip on what is happening go to a rez, preferably not one right near a city and introduce yourself and tell them what you want to know. If you go in with open eyes and ears you will be amazed.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
If there is one valid reason for banning a poster from the Forum perhaps it would be for promoting hatred (and misinformation) about Ethnic groups.