Earth Hour: Turn Off the Lights!

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I don't think you helped your cause with your display. I think you created hostility to the whole thing by some where previously there may have been indifference at worst.

Hey, I can only point out to people that there is such a thing as earth hour being observed. As for helping my cause, it is not my cause, it is everybody’s cause.

At the end of the day, it is for us all to decide whether we are going to save the planet or whether we are going to destroy the civilization by our pollution, whether we are going to drown in our pollution (as they did on Easter Island, for instance).

So it is not my cause, it is everybody’s cause (or should be). If you say there is hostility, that didn’t do me any harm, if anything that will harm the planet.

After all, nothing will convince a rabid anti-environmentalist that we should protect the environment.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Try to visit India or China if you can, try to befriend Indians or Chinese. Then you will have a better idea of what goes on outside North America.

Sorry, Yukon Jack, Indians do their part every day (and I assume so do Chinese though I don’t know that).

MAybe you should try and visit China. Then you will "have a better idea of what goes on outside North America".

Last edited:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I never said that China does enough to curb pollution.

um....what you said was..

"Sorry, Yukon Jack, Indians do their part every day (and I assume so do Chinese though I don’t know that)."

You obviously either don't know what you are talking about or you feel that massive pollution = doing their part.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Hey, I can only point out to people that there is such a thing as earth hour being observed. As for helping my cause, it is not my cause, it is everybody’s cause.

At the end of the day, it is for us all to decide whether we are going to save the planet or whether we are going to destroy the civilization by our pollution, whether we are going to drown in our pollution (as they did on Easter Island, for instance).

So it is not my cause, it is everybody’s cause (or should be). If you say there is hostility, that didn’t do me any harm, if anything that will harm the planet.

After all, nothing will convince a rabid anti-environmentalist that we should protect the environment.

I left my lights on - i watched TV, Russel Peters and i practice the 3 R''s all years - Not no Readin, Rightin & Ritmetic

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I am currently not bothering with this.

Not because I don't care about the environment. Just, I don't feel like sticking to someone else's schedule of when I should put on a show about caring.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I left my lights on - i watched TV, Russel Peters and i practice the 3 R''s all years - Not no Readin, Rightin & Ritmetic

Goober at the end of the day it is upto people to decide whether anything should be done about environment.

If people want to do something, it will be done If people don’t care, we will drown in out own filth, our own pollution. Either way, I get the satisfaction that I have done my bit; I made people aware that there was an earth hour being observed.

I don’t lose any sleep over whether people are observing it or not.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Please keep to the topic at hand. I really don't want to have to sift through another flame-fest again.

No problem, shadowshiv. I said I am not going to respond to him, and I am not going to. I don’t even read his posts, it is just that I saw his name a few times here and I wondered. Anyway, I am signing off now.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Goober at the end of the day it is upto people to decide whether anything should be done about environment.

If people want to do something, it will be done If people don’t care, we will drown in out own filth, our own pollution. Either way, I get the satisfaction that I have done my bit; I made people aware that there was an earth hour being observed.

I don’t lose any sleep over whether people are observing it or not.
Understood - I have energy efficent appliance - New furnace going in - recycle etc - Do it all year - 1 hr to me is meaningless much like Bono is not relevant -

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
No problem, shadowshiv. I said I am not going to respond to him, and I am not going to. I don’t even read his posts, it is just that I saw his name a few times here and I wondered. Anyway, I am signing off now.

That is all well and good SJP, but you have to remember that calling someone out like that will just exasberate the situation. Please bear that in mind for the future. Thank you.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Understood - I have energy efficent appliance - New furnace going in - recycle etc - Do it all year - 1 hr to me is meaningless much like Bono is not relevant -

Someone who has designer sunglasses that probably cost more than my car is a little hard to take serious.

I like U2's music though(although the older albums were superior).;-)

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Someone who has designer sunglasses that probably cost more than my car is a little hard to take serious.

I like U2's music though(although the older albums were superior).;-)
Excellent music - Yes - But Bono is an idiot -