Earth Hour: Turn Off the Lights!

Extrafire

Council Member
Mar 31, 2005
Prince George, BC
Someone who knows how to perform simple mathematical calculations, which is uncommon amongst the septic sheeples apparently.

Oops! :roll:

Well the simple mathematical calculations are,,,,uhmmmm,,,simple, actually. Especially if one has the use of a calculator.

But it seems I have a wee problem sorting and organizing my thoughts into a coherant message at times.

I was intending to point out that if the whole world shut off its lights for one hour the reduction in emissions would be 0.002%, and the little that was accomplished by "earth hour" was miniscule compared to that.

And I wanted to point out that if the whole world shut off its lights permanently the 20% reduction in emissions wouldn't come close to what we're told is necessary to "save the planet, and nobody is willing to do that.

Oh well. I learned long ago (the hard way) that I needed to work slowly and carefully and check over my answers when writing exams. Might be an idea to do that here too.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Oh well. I learned long ago (the hard way) that I needed to work slowly and carefully and check over my answers when writing exams. Might be an idea to do that here too.

Yes it might, if you care to. I got the idea of what you were going for but some folks like to treat these forums like a presidential debate and will jump on any error, misquote or spelling mistake in a feeble attempt to feel superior. For me, laughing at them is far better than spending time proof reading every post I make. It's just not that important.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
lol That was good, thanks, Cannuck. I know a few politicians whose lights I'd like to flick off. :)