Does God get a fail in the love category?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Not handy at all, simply forgot. You know the narrow road thingy well unless it has two ditches it aint a road right? Harmonization requires duality don't it? How you going to harmonize with nothing?
Arrr, matey. I harmonised with nothing in the last port we put in. It was good to get back to sea!

cj44

Electoral Member
Sep 18, 2013
Anything at all that can be attributed to God without any doubt remaining.

If God loves us unconditionally then there is no need for a hell. Right?

Regards
DL
I am going to need specifics. Are you talking about detecing God? God showing up and proving himself - say God ripping the sky open for all to see and then him speaking so that we can hear? Undeniable proof so no doubt remains? Let me throw this at you. Let's say there is a God - an actual Diety that has some very impressive powers and capabilites. Say, maybe this diety created elephants and trees and oh, I don't know the universe. Say this diety created humans. For the sake of debate, let's just say this is true. So, now after this incredible Being CREATED life, we want to drag him into court as though he were a jester. Put him on stage and demand he deliver a real showstopper. He better PROVE he exisits. I'm just saying if there is a God, he would most likely be the one that created us and well, everything. Would you agree to that? Do you think that is a plausible scenario? What say you?

Wrong God put us in hell because he loves us. You and I are in hell (the underworld, egypt). You are a soul and incarnation in matter is hell to souls, the meat and bone are ravaged in time by the material world (hell), the soul or spark or energy is not. Hell is as necessary to harmony and balance as heaven is, up is nothing without down, good is boring without bad, and the light is useless without the dark, left right, sweet & sour.
Are you referring to Law & Gospel?

cj44

Electoral Member
Sep 18, 2013
cj

If your God is the creator God then ask him about these creations of his.

(7) If There is a Painting... - YouTube

Regards
DL
So, you either deny or disagree with God's clock. And is it fair to say that you disagree with how God chooses to create and also you reject the "typical" explanations to the "why does God allow suffering?" types of questions. Do you flatly deny there is a God or are you not pleased with the God scripture describes? I think God is pleased with his creation - all of it. We (humans) may have incredible difficulty understanding the "Why would God allow this?" Now, here I can speak firsthand. Our son is handicapped and profoundly effected. Some of the "explanations" in the clip are within the bounds of scripture. I think it gets back to Diety doing as he sees fit. Certainly, I would much prefer for God to come straight away from Heaven itself to heal our son NOW!!!!! But I think if there is a God, this Being has his own mind and all things considered & taken into account I do believe he is a loving God. You are at odds with the God of the Bible? Or do you believe there is no God? Don't worry, I won't grab you by the collar and demand you believe in Jesus, brother!

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
So, you either deny or disagree with God's clock. And is it fair to say that you disagree with how God chooses to create and also you reject the "typical" explanations to the "why does God allow suffering?" types of questions. Do you flatly deny there is a God or are you not pleased with the God scripture describes? I think God is pleased with his creation - all of it. We (humans) may have incredible difficulty understanding the "Why would God allow this?" Now, here I can speak firsthand. Our son is handicapped and profoundly effected. Some of the "explanations" in the clip are within the bounds of scripture. I think it gets back to Diety doing as he sees fit. Certainly, I would much prefer for God to come straight away from Heaven itself to heal our son NOW!!!!! But I think if there is a God, this Being has his own mind and all things considered & taken into account I do believe he is a loving God. You are at odds with the God of the Bible? Or do you believe there is no God? Don't worry, I won't grab you by the collar and demand you believe in Jesus, brother!

I am not an atheist. I call myself a Gnostic Christian and esoteric ecumenist.

Seems you are good at thinking that a God who is said to make all things perfect can and will gladly create cripples and all kinds of us with all kinds of defects, ---- but he loves us.

Did you try to make what your child is?
No.

You would not be such a prick but to follow a creator God who is such a prick would make all those who follow him pricks. IMO.

Regards
DL

cj44

Electoral Member
Sep 18, 2013

Seems you are good at thinking that a God who is said to make all things perfect can and will gladly create cripples and all kinds of us with all kinds of defects, ---- but he loves us.

No.

You would not be such a prick but to follow a creator God who is such a prick would make all those who follow him pricks. IMO.

Regards
DL
I am having trouble comprehending your last sentence. I'm not the brightest apple on the tree, so you are going to have to spell things out real clear for me. And this is really pathetic - I do not know what IMO is. Yeah, i will google it in a second. You state that you are a gnostic Christian/esoteric ecumenist. So, you do not follow any particular denomination and you do not believe that anything can be known about the existence or nature of God - yet, you tag the word Christian on. So, what do you say about Christ? Certainly you have heard all the explanations as to why a loving God would allow such suffering in the world. You reject those explanations? You say I am good at thinking that "God makes all things perfect..." That is too broad - I do not think God does or claims to make all things perfect.

I can give you my thought on God's workings and our son. God's creation is good and he sees value in what he created and most importantly does promise healing. Now, would l at times like to put a leash around Diety's neck and pull him to move faster with healing? I guess I am confused that you call yourself a Christian. Do you believe that Christ healed those with infirmities while here on earth? Do you think God will, in his time, heal people? What is your view on eternity?

I can see you have compassion for people. I don't think God is a prick though. Patience isn't my forte. I know our son is loved by God and do believe he will one day be made whole. I know that sounds like such a "canned" answer & I don't mind if you disagree with it. As a Christian, we are Christ's hands & feet on earth - did he not send us to minister to these poor souls?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Given your crude response it is clear you object to basic Christian beliefs. You may find the account of Jesus' incarnation implausible, but there is no need to display your opposition in such a vile manner. Afterall, Diety does have the "right" to his own way of doing things. If he had to check with what we humans deem plausible then he would be rather unimpressive.
Vile? Does that not sum things up in a nut shell? I find it rather interesting that you are offended by your own belief system.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

No.

Regards
DL

How is it your angry with a god that dosen't exist?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I'm wondering if any of the pseudo-intellectuals in these threads did, not advanced, but any study in theology......:roll:
The problem with theology is that every denomination has its own theology. My studies have been about the bible in general and its history in particular. I've also done studies in comparative religions and theologies. My conclusions, in a nut shell, says that faith and belief are two different things that most religious and non-religious people get confused about. They are not compatible.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
I find your statement regarding the French Patriot outrageous.

It's perfectly in keeping with the earliest identifiable theological stuff that degenerated into modern christianism. The burning lake is home, where we come from, the one sun. The fire whence our little sparks of life originate.

The problem with theology is that every denomination has its own theology. My studies have been about the bible in general and its history in particular. I've also done studies in comparative religions and theologies. My conclusions, in a nut shell, says that faith and belief are two different things that most religious and non-religious people get confused about. They are not compatible.

The early teachers stressed reason above all else. Like I've said before the roots of religion are very sound natural science. You have read that philosophy is the first science and the farther you go back the more informative it is. Today it is a jumble of hocus pocus ( not the focus tune) but the tower of babble scene, just like it always ends up before the crash which always comes around at the end of every day. I like the old stuff BC, before crap. The old root of theology is sound practical wisdom derived from scientific investigation, all can fathom the meaning to more or lesser degrees, it was always that way till the christians imposed one size fits all. I don't argue the bible to much cus it really is a mess cobbled together by very devious materialistic scribes.
By the way Mr Chopra is wrong religion means ones personal philosophy period, therefore religion is having ones own experiance. Check out the dictionary I ain't makin it up.

That which is known as the Christian religion existed
among the ancients, and never did not exist; from the very
beginning of the human race [perhaps this explains the
equal-arm crucifix intaglios of Neolithic times] until the
time when Christ came in the flesh, at which time the true
religion which already existed, began to be called Christi-
anity.--Retractt. I, xiii.

Hell, Hades, The Underworld: Hades of the Greeks,
Amenta of the Egyptians, the underworld of the ancients,
and hell of the New Testament (hell as the descendant idea
of Hades, etc.) signify, according to Kuhn, earthly exis-
tence. Hell is a glyph for the heat born of the vicissitudes of
earthly life which is necessary for a soul's development,
growth, and return to the Pleroma. Kuhn further asserts that
the ancients were not so mentally benighted as to believe
hell to be an other-worldly literal phenomenon, nor so
naive as to worship their idols (as orthodoxy would have us
believe) but merely used them to symbolize the operations
of God and his relationship to man and the universe. For
example, Kuhn avers that the Ophite Gnostics were not ser-
pent-worshippers, but merely serpent-symbolizers.

Last edited:

cj44

Electoral Member
Sep 18, 2013
After reading all the pontificating listed throughout this thread, I have to conclude that perhaps we all really have no idea what we are talking about. We have created quite a monstosity of bilge. No doubt God knew well in advance how we would operate and that is why he found it necessary to put Jonah in the belly of the whale, part the Red Sea and inflict Pharoah with an abundance of frogs. Simple stories for simple children and we still don't get it. Instead we grasp for the mighty realm of intellectual thought. We strain our brain with our great thoughts and put God in the gallows where he belongs. Nah.....why did I think we need humilty.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
After reading all the pontificating listed throughout this thread, I have to conclude that perhaps we all really have no idea what we are talking about. We have created quite a monstosity of bilge. No doubt God knew well in advance how we would operate and that is why he found it necessary to put Jonah in the belly of the whale, part the Red Sea and inflict Pharoah with an abundance of frogs. Simple stories for simple children and we still don't get it. Instead we grasp for the mighty realm of intellectual thought. We strain our brain with our great thoughts and put God in the gallows where he belongs. Nah.....why did I think we need humilty.

I have some idea of what I'm talking about.
There were no Pharoahs, the reed sea was parted not the red, blood is the red sea,
http://forums.canadiancontent.net/O...orrespond to the three dark days of the lunar
http://pc93.tripod.com/lostlght.htm Very good reading there.

Other solar heroes beside Jonah crossed the sea in the belly of a fish. Both Horus and the Greek Hercules crossed inside the fish during the three days at the winter solstice. In some ancient calendars three to five days were intercalated at the winter solstice, additional to the 360 days of the twelve solar months--30 days each--and correspond to the three dark days of the lunar "solstice," or dark of the moon. They typed the time of the incubation, when there was a calm or balance or stasis in the cycle, the solstitial stasis or balance between spirit and matter in evolution.
After these many centuries of zealous study of the Bible in Christian lands it is questionable whether one person in a thousand knows why the number three is basically connected with the baptism. The answer is presumed commonly to lie in the ministrant’s phrase accompanying the threefold sprinkling of water on the head or the three immersions under the water. "In the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost." The ceremony commemorates man’s baptism by and under the three

cj44

Electoral Member
Sep 18, 2013
I have some idea of what I'm talking about.
There were no Pharoahs, the reed sea was parted not the red, blood is the red sea,
http://forums.canadiancontent.net/O...orrespond to the three dark days of the lunar
http://pc93.tripod.com/lostlght.htm Very good reading there.

Other solar heroes beside Jonah crossed the sea in the belly of a fish. Both Horus and the Greek Hercules crossed inside the fish during the three days at the winter solstice. In some ancient calendars three to five days were intercalated at the winter solstice, additional to the 360 days of the twelve solar months--30 days each--and correspond to the three dark days of the lunar "solstice," or dark of the moon. They typed the time of the incubation, when there was a calm or balance or stasis in the cycle, the solstitial stasis or balance between spirit and matter in evolution.
After these many centuries of zealous study of the Bible in Christian lands it is questionable whether one person in a thousand knows why the number three is basically connected with the baptism. The answer is presumed commonly to lie in the ministrant’s phrase accompanying the threefold sprinkling of water on the head or the three immersions under the water. "In the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost." The ceremony commemorates man’s baptism by and under the three
Yeah, well hey, that's great. I'm the type of person that likes context. Not sure what to do with what you have written here.