‘Do you have running water? I don’t and I live in Canada’

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
So you indirectly admit I was correct. I was not talking about the Nootka or an aboriginal people living on an island which cannot have an access road.

Yeah - about something that is absolutely of no consequence. :smile:

I fail to see how a road would better serve the folks of Kingcome Inlet. It would provide them with the ability to make a 6 hour drive to Williams Lake when most of their business is an hour away in Campbell River or Port McNeill! :smile:

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Yeah - about something that is absolutely of no consequence. :smile:

I fail to see how a road would better serve the folks of Kingcome Inlet. It would provide them with the ability to make a 6 hour drive to Williams Lake when most of their business is an hour away in Campbell River or Port McNeill! :smile:

How do these people in these isolated communitie survive? They get govt money. A steady supply of uneducated poor to live downtown in destitution and tell whites they live on stolen property, while their relatives work the system and work for the govt and live very well. Sad. Endless dysfunction. I think people from Kingcome think those cites are just crazy, Wctoria? Wild I'm sure. Vancouver?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Anyone else notice Dumpy ignores the Injin that keeps tearing apart his posts?

Okay, so we provide water. Like we have provided housing for aboriginals. Then five years later it's all a wreck. This is as they say, is not a sustainable development.
Do you have proof this is endemic of all reservations across Canada?

Giving people things merely enables them.
You spelled paying wrong.

Props them up like a crutch, and they expect to keep this crutch forever.
Your erroneous crutch analogy aside, it's forever because that's how the contract was written.

Barlow is an enabler, that's her psychological makeup, she is not modern. She is quite willing to use other people's money to continue patterns of dependency and enabling.
Well at least I know you read my posts, seeing as how you gave up your silly sovereignty angle.

The aboriginal reserve I'm talking about is Kingcome in BC.
Are you really that silly, that you think all reserves are like that one?

They said on the CBC news last year during a flood that there was no access road there. Every now and then you hear there are reserves that the only way in is by boat or plane and they are not islands.
There are several reserves in Ontario that are fly in only. because there are no roads period. That's because that's where they were shuffled to.

Regina is a big city if you come from a settlement of a few hundred or few thousand people. Slow, wide open spaces, and no traffic jams to speak of. Unlike the daily Trans Canada parking lot during rush hour in Metro Vancouver.
Sounds better than Newmarket.

The fur trade and hunting days are long over for everyone, to pretend they will ever return, is absurd.
There are 6 trappers within a 5 minute drive of my home. The 7th lives in my home, who does it part time.

Those who think they will, and use resources to do so, are enablers, liars, charlatans and crooks.
Ya, cause you say so...:roll:

Water supplies require technical and mechanical skills that aboriginals in the main do not have.
Wow!!! I have the technical, and mechanical skills to do it, and fix engines, large and small. As well as weld structural and facade metal works for Canada's biggest airport.

Are there any other erroneously absurd racially charged, prejudicial generalizations you'd like to make?

They want money to pay whites to supply and maintain clean water systems. I would like that too. Aboriginals lack industry, but they want the benefits of industry without paying for it, economically or psychologically. Once you become industrious, you lose your subsistence mentality.
Your other stupidity aside, I guess you missed the articles on the GRE?

I nominate you poster of the week. :smile:
I'll second that.

Some do, some don't! Why tar them all with the same brush?
Because that's what bigots do.

You notice he refuses to engage me directly?

That's because every time he has directly challenged my assertions, I've buried him in facts that completely expose his prejudicial stupidity.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Bigots are predictable.

It's the obsessiveness I don't get.

How are people, at least seemingly, so laser focused on just one thing all the time? Especially when that one thing seems to be something that makes them upset or angry.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
It's the obsessiveness I don't get.

How are people, at least seemingly, so laser focused on just one thing all the time? Especially when that one thing seems to be something that makes them upset or angry.
Their ignorance aside, like CT nutters, they enjoy the rush the endorphins give them.

I enjoy the rush I get when I get to smash their bigotry with fact.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Their ignorance aside, like CT nutters, they enjoy the rush the endorphins give them.

I enjoy the rush I get when I get to smash their bigotry with fact.

They're hooked on anger? Surely there's a 12 step program for that?

Although your rapid detox works well too, lol.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Okay, so we provide water. Like we have provided housing for aboriginals. Then five years later it's all a wreck. This is as they say, is not a sustainable development.

Giving them things is hardly what is required in toto. It's obvious to anyone with reason that they require the education to keep water infrastructure going, and to make changes as required.

You know the old saying about teaching a man to fish? We teach people in poor areas of the world how to grow fish and use their water efficiently, I don't see why we couldn't make similar investments here.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Giving them things is hardly what is required in toto. It's obvious to anyone with reason that they require the education to keep water infrastructure going, and to make changes as required.

You know the old saying about teaching a man to fish? We teach people in poor areas of the world how to grow fish and use their water efficiently, I don't see why we couldn't make similar investments here.
We can and do Ton...

I won't deny that Dummpy is right, marginally. In so far as many facilities are left inadequately serviced, because of sloth, or complacency. While there is a trained technician on staff.

Equally, there are facilities that have no trained technician on staff. As well as hastily erected facilities that were placed in inappropriate locations, or improperly built. By both Native and non Native personnel.

But it is hardly endemic to all reserves. As his ignorant generalization have stated, clearly.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Call people idiot and bigot and you don't deserve a response. People who only give one line responses tend to less open to discussion. One line answers lack context. One liners are not discussion, they are for standup comedy. Some people are just inflexible and ignorant.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Call people idiot and bigot and you don't deserve a response.
Anyone that believes the ills of one reservation is endemic of all reservations IS an idiot. Anyone that promotes the asinine generalizations, or made monumentally ignorant and patently false comments like "Water supplies require technical and mechanical skills that aboriginals in the main do not have", dismissed facts that are even acknowledged by the US Congress, instead grasping steadfast to his erroneous beliefs as you have, IS a bigot.

Don't like like it? Stop doing it.

People who only give one line responses tend to less open to discussion. One line answers lack context.
That certainly can't be directed at me.

One liners are not discussion, they are for standup comedy.
On par with the stereotypical myths, you attribute to the whole of the First Nations.

Some people are just inflexible and ignorant.
As you have adequately been a stupendous exampled thereof.

Yet I hold out hope, one day reality will get through to you.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Call people idiot and bigot and you don't deserve a response. People who only give one line responses tend to less open to discussion. One line answers lack context. One liners are not discussion, they are for standup comedy. Some people are just inflexible and ignorant.

Many people are inflexible and ignorant in certain areas- that's the nature of the human animal- while in other areas they are very flexible and knowledgable. I try to remember the old adage..........."every person knows something I don't". :smile:

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Many people are inflexible and ignorant in certain areas- that's the nature of the human animal- while in other areas they are very flexible and knowledgable. I try to remember the old adage..........."every person knows something I don't". :smile:

Some people can just put their head diown and go "forward," never learning a thing. Must be nice.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
I'm going to guess that dumpy is the one that gave you the thumbs up for your insightful post?

While it went right over his head as to who the inflexible and ignorant was, that you were referring to.

I also notice dumpty still hasn't the balls to engage me with anything but his bigoted misinformed baseless opinion.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I'm going to guess that dumpy is the one that gave you the thumbs up for your insightful post?

While it went right over his head as to who the inflexible and ignorant was, that you were referring to.

I also notice dumpty still hasn't the balls to engage me with anything but his bigoted misinformed baseless opinion.

Oooh, oooh your batting average just dropped to .950.......... it would be the young biologist from the Maritimes. (His batting average just doubled) :lol:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Oooh, oooh your batting average just dropped to .950.......... it would be the young biologist from the Maritimes. (His batting average just doubled) :lol:
Damn...

Well at least I got the fact that it went right over his head, right anyways.

Is there a consolation prize?