Confused about Christ?

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
And cultures that never heard of the Trinity and those that don't believe in the Trinity have marriage because. . .?

Because they conform to an archetype that is inscribed into Creation.. into God's nature and divine order. The Gift of conscience, the knowledge of Good and Evil, is not limited to Christians.. it is innate to the human person. It is just most perfectly manifested in Christ.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Because they conform to an archetype that is inscribed into Creation.. into God's nature and divine order. The Gift of conscience, the knowledge of Good and Evil, is not limited to Christians.. it is innate to the human person. It is just most perfectly manifested in Christ.
So, polygamy is part of the archetype?

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
So, polygamy is part of the archetype?

Where on earth did you get that. Marriage in all cultures, in any valid religion is always between one man and one woman, to the exclusion of all others and for life. The fact that some occult affliction has imposed itself on nations or cultures or religions or institutions does not speak to the archetype.. it speaks to its willful deformation.

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Where on earth did you get that. Marriage in all cultures, in any valid religion is always between one man and one woman, to the exclusion of all others and for life. The fact that some occult confusion has imposed itself on nations or cultures or religions or institutions does not speak to the archetype.. it speaks to its willful deformation.
Many cultures have been polygamous. So if marriage without knowledge of or belief in your gods is still of your gods, then isn't any form of marriage of your gods?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
How many wives and concubines did David and Solomon have? Polygamy is part of the biblical marriage set up. It also says if you get your slave pregnant you have to marry her. If Adam and Eve had only two sons and one slew the other, how did the son beget children? Does this mean incest is also part of marriage? In the OT, marriage is a lot more than one man and one woman. You really don't know your bible coldstream.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
How many wives and concubines did David and Solomon have? Polygamy is part of the biblical marriage set up. It also says if you get your slave pregnant you have to marry her. If Adam and Eve had only two sons and one slew the other, how did the son beget children? Does this mean incest is also part of marriage? In the OT, marriage is a lot more than one man and one woman. You really don't know your bible coldstream.

You forgot the part about noah and his family repopulating the planet with each other.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
When I witness God's rainbow appearing in Genesis and in Revelation, I am reminded that His character and His Word are trustworthy from first to last.

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End." (Revelation 22:13 NIV)
I see you like to just skip over any contributions that don't support your views and keep on spouting your misinterpretation of a mistranslated version of the bible. What of Solomon's 300 wives and many more concubines? You ignore that part because it doesn't agree with your interpretation of marriage?

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
What of Solomon's 300 wives and many more concubines?

Solomon's practice:

"I amassed silver and gold for myself, and the treasure of kings and provinces. I acquired male and female singers, and a harem as well – the delights of a man’s heart." (Ecclesiastes 2:8 NIV)

Solomon's doctrine:

"Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the duty of all mankind. For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil." (Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 NIV)

His "play now/pay later" philosophy left Solomon with a lingering sense of _______. How would you finish this statement, Cliffy?

Last edited:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
"You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts." (2 Corinthians 3:3 NIV)

and yet, all you do is quote the written word.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
His "play now/pay later" philosophy left Solomon with a lingering sense of _______. How would you finish this statement, Cliffy?
A rather poor try at deflection. How does all the various combinations of marriage in the bible compare to your definition? How do they compare to your definition of sexual morality? And, what does any of this have to do with yours or anybody else's life today?

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
"You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts." (2 Corinthians 3:3 NIV)

a letter from Christ...a living epistle

MellencampFan

Nominee Member
Jul 13, 2015
Niagara Peninsula
I wonder what Motar will say if I tell him I am thinking of Joining CFI and other atheist/skepctic organizations, and actually am a member of the church of satan? lol.