CNN, Shocked: There Are No US Troops in Haiti!

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Link please.

Does this link look familiar? It should...it's yours.

http://etd.ohiolink.edu/send-pdf.cgi/Girard Philippe R.pdf?acc_num=ohiou1035828999

Excerpts...

"Aboard an amphibious assault force, a mere 20 miles from its target,
Cap Haïtien, 1,800 Marines learned that the invasion was cancelled just as, painted with camouflage, they were receiving their loads of ammunition."

"Canceling the assault literally in midair carried a cost that was not only diplomatic and political, but human as well."

"soldiers felt as if Dwight D. Eisenhower had cancelled D-Day,"

FAILED

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
He's from Red Deer,probably jelous of all the American companys working the patch and pumping all those millions into the economy.;-)
Your're not real up to date are you, the patch is in service only mode now. The people who are going to be pissed are those in the eastern Provinces when they find out all the pipelines go to the US and all eastern flowing lines are shut down due to nothing but age.

http://www.shss.montclair.edu/english/furr/haiti.html

(in part)

Letter about US Imperialist Invasion of Haiti, The Montclarion, October 1994

To the Editor, The Montclarion:
The Clinton Administration says the US invasion of Haiti means to "stop human rights abuses" and "restore democracy." Recently published research *, however, reveals that this is a smokescreen for the real purposes, which are economic. The US invasion not only hurts Haitian workers; it hurts US workers too!
Interviewed by investigative reporter Allan Nairn, American government and military officials involved in planning the inva- sion stated that its purpose it to prevent any kind of popular movement arising that might fight for the kind of reforms which Haitian President Aristide promised when elected in 1990: raising the minimum wage and a social-security insurance system.
Aristide was overthrown because these reforms would raise the cost of labor, and so lower the profits of the tiny class of wealthy Haitian landowners and businessmen. The Haitian army's only job is to keep Haitian workers and peasants terrorized, killing anyone who tries to organize for reform.
And that's why the US is invading now -- to preserve this large pool of cheap labor. To keep the labor cheap, no popular movement -- no farmworkers' organizations, no trade unions inde- pendent of the government or the employer -- will be permitted to arise, say the US officials interviewed by Nairn.

Are you sure you're not making Grenada over into Haiti?
Quite sure yes, the other link (pdf file) starts with this headline, the quote giving the posted numbers is on about page 200.

THE EAGLE AND THE ROOSTER:

THE 1994 U.S. INVASION OF HAITI

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Your're not real up to date are you, the patch is in service only mode now. The people who are going to be pissed are those in the eastern Provinces when they find out all the pipelines go to the US and all eastern flowing lines are shut down due to nothing but age.

http://www.shss.montclair.edu/english/furr/haiti.html

(in part)

Letter about US Imperialist Invasion of Haiti, The Montclarion, October 1994

To the Editor, The Montclarion:
The Clinton Administration says the US invasion of Haiti means to "stop human rights abuses" and "restore democracy." Recently published research *, however, reveals that this is a smokescreen for the real purposes, which are economic. The US invasion not only hurts Haitian workers; it hurts US workers too!
Interviewed by investigative reporter Allan Nairn, American government and military officials involved in planning the inva- sion stated that its purpose it to prevent any kind of popular movement arising that might fight for the kind of reforms which Haitian President Aristide promised when elected in 1990: raising the minimum wage and a social-security insurance system.
Aristide was overthrown because these reforms would raise the cost of labor, and so lower the profits of the tiny class of wealthy Haitian landowners and businessmen. The Haitian army's only job is to keep Haitian workers and peasants terrorized, killing anyone who tries to organize for reform.
And that's why the US is invading now -- to preserve this large pool of cheap labor. To keep the labor cheap, no popular movement -- no farmworkers' organizations, no trade unions inde- pendent of the government or the employer -- will be permitted to arise, say the US officials interviewed by Nairn.

Quite sure yes, the other link (pdf file) starts with this headline, the quote giving the posted numbers is on about page 200.

THE EAGLE AND THE ROOSTER:

THE 1994 U.S. INVASION OF HAITI

Sorry but the clipper runs east as well as south and you can thank America for the dollars that funded it and put jobs in your town.

Fail

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
As Ironsides pointed out...we do not call our Special Forces "commandos".

Not to derail the thread, but a simple Google search shows plenty of instances of Americans calling their special forces "commandos". I think if you ask around, most people would use special forces and commando synonymously.

ABC
u.s. commandos kill qaeda terrorist in somalia - ABC News

This veteran called his website USCommando
US COMMANDO: A collection of fighting warriors, tactics and weapons.

CNN
CNN.com - War plan drew U.S. commandos from shadows - Apr. 28, 2003

WaPo
washingtonpost.com

AFP
AFP: Yemen seeks Western support against Al-Qaeda

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I never took you to be a sheeple before, apparenbtly it has affected you ability to understand simple terms, like this one...."by reducing the entire invasion to a swift night assault."

Ohhhhh...I'm sorry...I thought you said there was an invasion.

Talk about moving the goal posts.

Well I guess I am sheeple.

Any idea on how many were killed in that "swift night assault"? According to your link only one soldier lost his life during the whole period.

Hint.... End your number with "0"

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Not to derail the thread, but a simple Google search shows plenty of instances of Americans calling their special forces "commandos". I think if you ask around, most people would use special forces and commando synonymously.

ABC
u.s. commandos kill qaeda terrorist in somalia - ABC News

This veteran called his website USCommando
US COMMANDO: A collection of fighting warriors, tactics and weapons.

CNN
CNN.com - War plan drew U.S. commandos from shadows - Apr. 28, 2003

WaPo
washingtonpost.com

AFP
AFP: Yemen seeks Western support against Al-Qaeda

Officially they are called Special Forces.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Does this link look familiar? It should...it's yours.

http://etd.ohiolink.edu/send-pdf.cgi/Girard%20Philippe%20R.pdf?acc_num=ohiou1035828999

Excerpts...

"Aboard an amphibious assault force, a mere 20 miles from its target,
Cap Haïtien, 1,800 Marines learned that the invasion was cancelled just as, painted with camouflage, they were receiving their loads of ammunition."

"Canceling the assault literally in midair carried a cost that was not only diplomatic and political, but human as well."

"soldiers felt as if Dwight D. Eisenhower had cancelled D-Day,"

FAILED

Do you mean they weren't allowed to fire weapons until empty style of invasion? Did they turn around and go home, no they put the safety on and proceded with entering a foreign country.

" “We were so pumped up and ready to go,” Lance Cpl. Rian Smith complained. “Now this!”
What was supposed to be a shoot’m up invasion turned into a complex cohabitation with human rights abusers.
The former thugs were now friends. There was no fighting, but troops had to remain
in full body armor in Haiti’s scorching heat. Boredom, lack of purpose, and homesickness were prevalent. Cédras was a petty tyrant, not a totalitarian dictator, but soldiers felt as if
Dwight D. Eisenhower had cancelled D-Day, met Hitler every day to coordinate occupation policies, refused to inspect concentration camps, and ordered GIs to be friendly with the Nazis because they were the main law enforcement body. "

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Do you mean they weren't allowed to fire weapons until empty style of invasion? Did they turn around and go home, no they put the safety on and proceded with entering a foreign country.

Yes, most did turn around and went home. Others went ashore as Peace Keepers and it turned into a UN Peace Keeping Mission. You're familiar with Peace Keeping aren't you? Or is every Canadian Peace Keeper an invader now?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Officially they are called Special Forces.

Missing the point. Officially The Democrats main opponents are the Republicans. But if I called them the GOP you would not be unaware of whom I was speaking of.

I really don't think Mhz was speaking in such official language...

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Ohhhhh...I'm sorry...I thought you said there was an invasion.

Talk about moving the goal posts.

Well I guess I am sheeple.

Any idea on how many were killed in that "swift night assault"? According to your link only one soldier lost his life during the whole period.

Hint.... End your number with "0"
(the 30014 is different services, 4 is the total number of US Military casualities)
Uphold Democracy, Haiti, 1994-1996 Non-Hostile 3 0 0 1 4
Source: Defense Manpower Data Center, Statistical Information Analysis Division, Statistical Information Analysis Division(SIAD)

A list of what their forces totaled.
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/report/1998/kretchik-table42.gif
personnel/CASUALTY/table13.htm.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
(the 30014 is different services, 4 is the total number of US Military casualities)
Uphold Democracy, Haiti, 1994-1996 Non-Hostile 3 0 0 1 4
Source: Defense Manpower Data Center, Statistical Information Analysis Division, Statistical Information Analysis Division(SIAD)

A list of what their forces totaled.
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/report/1998/kretchik-table42.gif
personnel/CASUALTY/table13.htm.

Hmmm...perhaps you misunderstood the question...or chose to avoid it.

I stated...one soldier was killed during the whole period.

I asked...

How many were killed during the "swift night assault"?

Hint...it ends in "0".

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Getting back on topic - Canadian Troops are in Haiti:

This is part of today's news article where it also states that 3 Canadians died in Haiti................ Much more important than the petty bickering I see in some of the posts above this one. There is a disaster here and you people have nothing better to do than that petty crap!
Between 100,000 and half a million people were feared dead, according to Haitian government officials. The Red Cross estimated that three million people are in dire need of aid.

A Foreign Affairs spokesman in Canada said that the agency was looking into "multiple unconfirmed reports" of deceased Canadians but more information would not be available until later Thursday.

Thousands are believed to still be trapped under the hundreds of crumbled buildings, while countless others have been left homeless, forced to fend for themselves with dwindling supplies of electricity, food, and water.

Among the thousands missing are two RCMP officers - Supt. Doug Coates, the acting commissioner of the UN Mission, and Sgt. Mark Gallagher, a media relations officer previously stationed in Halifax. The two were part of a group of 82 police officers working with the United Nations stabilization team in Haiti.

Former Quebec Liberal MP Serge Marcil, 65, who was working in the country for an engineering firm, was also unaccounted for Wednesday, according to his employer, Montreal-based SM Group International. The one-term MP and former Quebec national assembly member arrived in Haiti the same day as the quake.

The Canadian Forces confirmed that on Wednesday they had evacuated 140 Canadians from Haiti and taken them to Santo Domingo, the capital of the Dominican Republic. Another 100 have taken refugee in the Canadian Embassy in Haiti.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
People are dying and suffering in Haiti and all people have to contribute is petty partisan politics?

Pathetic!:roll:
The humanitarian thread about Haiti is still unaffected by this exploration into how Haiti became to be so much poorer than their Island neighbors.
If they are leery of offers of aid from the US they have good reasons. Would the US object top massive economic aid from China or South America, sure they would.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
The humanitarian thread about Haiti is still unaffected by this exploration into how Haiti became to be so much poorer than their Island neighbors.
If they are leery of offers of aid from the US they have good reasons. Would the US object top massive economic aid from China or South America, sure they would.

America was first on the scene,got the airport running and have given 100 million dollars so far so why dont you take your hate propaganda somewhere else?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Those are just historical facts. Compare the differences between Haiti and their neighbors, the Dominican Republic, to see how differently they have been treated. One is a playground for foreign tourists (who own just about everything of any value) and the other has been kept from advancing themselves on their own. Grow up, that is the US way of doing things. Why not have the UN start a bank account for Haiti and all donations will have no name beside the deposit slip. ( I know, who is going to watch the UN when it is also subject to outside influences)

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
If they are leery of offers of aid from the US they have good reasons.

I would imagine you hve documentation of Haitians...battling for survival stating that they are leery of recieving US Aid. As a matter of fact the Haitian President said...

"We need emergency aid from the United States and other nations"

Would the US object top massive economic aid from China or South America, sure they would.

Really? Are they stopping economic aid coming in from China and other South American countries?

Just bitter propoganda from you. You hate that we do this.