Worst first pitch ever?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
If you folks haven't seen this yet, well the question is right there in the title of this thread. The pitch:
50 Cent Throws The Worst First Pitch In Baseball History - YouTube

For comparison, here's an image with some selected first pitches.

Kudos to Bush, nice pitch!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
If you folks haven't seen this yet, well the question is right there in the title of this thread. The pitch:
50 Cent Throws The Worst First Pitch In Baseball History - YouTube

For comparison, here's an image with some selected first pitches.

Kudos to Bush, nice pitch!
If you're trying to give the batter a home run, yeah. But I'm not sure that's the point, y'know? Sotomayor had the best one. A strike, but damn near unhittable.

Did you notice that Bush was to the right of Obama and Clinton, and Alito was waaaay to the right of Sotomayor?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
If you're trying to give the batter a home run, yeah.

Lol, well I don't expect ceremonial pitches to break. It's just nice if they can get it across the plate in the zone.

Did you notice that Bush was to the right of Obama and Clinton, and Alito was waaaay to the right of Sotomayor?

Nice catch...:lol:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Lol, well I don't expect ceremonial pitches to break. It's just nice if they can get it across the plate in the zone.

And what a relief they must feel when they do just get it over.

I like Matthew McConaughey's pitch... A nice inside pitch in the strike zone.

50Cent lost ALL of his street cred on that pitch.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Tara the cat!

Tara was the name of our first German Sheppard when I was a kid. Born the same year as me and named after the plantation "Tara" in Gone With The Wind by my mother.
Tara seems like a popular name for German Sheppards, I've known a few with that name.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
So Cookie Monster made a better pitch than Fiddy Cent?

That is pretty bad when a hand covered by a Muppet with poor view of where the hand is throwing (plus a bad angle when throwing) can do better.

Then again, Fiddy Cent got shot 9 times, so maybe his body just doesn't work like it used to.