World Economic Forum official says Canada has bigger issues to discuss than conspiracy theories

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
LOL - oh look, the little joke to hide her shame about her bigotry as a defence mechanism :) Nobody saw that coming!

Joke? What joke? I was serious.

The only joke so far is you. You're trying so hard to... whatever this is - be insulting, be dismissive, be 'cool' or keep this absolute need to be right going - that it's hilarious you're failing so miserably.

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
This WEF gets mentioned occasionally here and I really know little or nothing about it beyond internet memes, so I googled:

The World Economic Forum is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.

The Forum strives to model world-class corporate governance, where values are as important as rules. Legitimacy, accountability, transparency and concerted action are the guiding principles of the Forum.
View attachment 15438
The World Economic Forum (WEF), which has met at the Swiss ski resort of Davos every year since its creation in 1971 by German academic and entrepreneur Klaus Schwab, was forced to convert its annual schmoozefest into a virtual event this year due to COVID-19. Of note on the main agenda was a “stakeholder capitalism” panel, which included Canada’s Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister, Chrystia Freeland. The former-journalist-turned-politician has been a fixture at the WEF for years. Rubbing shoulders at Davos with the world’s rich, famous and powerful was one of the inspirations for her 2012 book, Plutocrats: “The Rise of the New Global Super-Rich and the Fall of Everyone Else.”

(Notably, Freeland is the only government minister presently on the board.)

The Forum suggests that a globalised world is best managed by a self-selected coalition of multinational corporations, governments and civil society organizations (CSOs),which it expresses through initiatives like the "Great Reset" and the "Global Redesign". It sees periods of global instability – such as the financial crisis of 2007–2008 and the COVID-19 pandemic – as windows of opportunity to intensify its programmatic efforts.

The World Economic Forum and its annual meeting in Davos have received criticism over the years. Challenges raised about the conference and the WEF include: the organization's corporate capture of global and democratic institutions, and institutional whitewashing initiatives; the public cost of security, the organization's tax-exempt status, unclear decision processes and membership criteria, a lack of financial transparency, and the environmental footprint of its annual meetings. As a reaction to criticism within Swiss society, the Swiss federal government decided in February 2021 to reduce its annual contributions to the WEF.

Beware of men who like to wear nice suits and ties. Those people are not like one of the boys or girls like you and me. Their world domination goals are not going to be good for we the regular peasant boys and girls. Domination and slavery for we the peasants is what those men in suits want for you and me and thee. They try and make the WEF look very democratic, but on the contrary, they are not and they do not believe in democracy for we the peasants. Only slavery and domination. Believe it or not. (n)

Reactions: Dixie Cup

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Then you're obviously oblivious! That's OK tho' cuz I know I'm right!
She's repeatedly been on TV stating that the 2016 election was stolen. Democrats have said that each time a republican has won the office but god forbid that republicans state the same. Natch, Trump was pissed but he'll get over it - eventually LOL!!

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
She's repeatedly been on TV stating that the 2016 election was stolen. Democrats have said that each time a republican has won the office but god forbid that republicans state the same. Natch, Trump was pissed but he'll get over it - eventually LOL!!

Stolen, but she still conceded to Trump, so...

And she wasn't the only one to call it "stolen".

And you've proof Dems have said that "each time" a republican has won, but Republicans have never said it before Trump?

Keep puckering those lips, Dixie, that Trump Orange lipstick looks good on you!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Stolen, but she still conceded to Trump, so...

And she wasn't the only one to call it "stolen".

And you've proof Dems have said that "each time" a republican has won, but Republicans have never said it before Trump?

Keep puckering those lips, Dixie, that Trump Orange lipstick looks good on you!
She was referring, of course, to some of the unprecedented interference by the FBI and the likelihood that it swayed the vote. She never once claimed she was the legitimate President.

Don't matter. D-Cup will parrot whatever Fox News tells her, all in service of Jesus Superman Trump.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
She was referring, of course, to some of the unprecedented interference by the FBI and the likelihood that it swayed the vote. She never once claimed she was the legitimate President.

Don't matter. D-Cup will parrot whatever Fox News tells her, all in service of Jesus Superman Trump.

To me, defending Trump as Dix does only proves the Trump Cultist belief.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
To me, defending Trump as Dix does only proves the Trump Cultist belief.
To me and many we are aghast at the shenanigans of the Democrat Party and how normally intelligent people will twist themselves into knots trying to justify that behaviour .

Reactions: The_Foxer

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Went in both directions. Dirty Shenanigans had by all (ok, both) sides/directions.
The attacks on Trump were and still are like nothing ever seen in American politics including Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton .

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

Funny Freeland wrote a book about how bad the WEF was in 2012. Apparently, she's changed her mind likely because they made it worthwhile for her to do so.

Reactions: Ron in Regina