Wife pleads for Hamilton man's safe return

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
It just takes away from motive..

Not really. Serial killers have a motive for killing too, it's just not one that the average person would consider reason to kill.

Millard gave up the family businesses mechanical licenses of fixing planes.. so how did he support his business. I'm guessing drugs.

Also, the police say Tim was targeted.. so someone had it in for him.
Targeted how? As in they wanted something specific from him or they thought he'd make an easy mark? A rapist will target a victim too, doesn't mean it's a personal vendetta.

Maybe it is a drugs thing, who the hell really knows? Personally I just have a really sick feeling that it's a couple of psychopaths looking for a thrill. I can't explain why, I just get that vibe off this story. But it's a hunch, nothing more.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Maybe it is a drugs thing, who the hell really knows? Personally I just have a really sick feeling that it's a couple of psychopaths looking for a thrill. I can't explain why, I just get that vibe off this story. But it's a hunch, nothing more.
Another "somehow linked to al Qaeda" incident.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Laura Babcock murder trial pushed to September 2017
By Sam Pazzano, Toronto Sun
First posted: Friday, October 14, 2016 01:33 PM EDT | Updated: Friday, October 14, 2016 02:12 PM EDT
The Laura Babcock murder trial has been postponed until September 2017, a judge ruled Friday.
Justice John McMahon said the original trial date of Feb. 13, 2017, for co-accused killers, Dellen Millard and Mark Smich, was abandoned to accommodate Millard's efforts to hire a suitable lawyer.
Smich and Millard both face first-degree murder charges in the death of Babcock, 23, a Toronto woman who went missing in July 2012. Her body was never found.
Millard is also charged wih first degree murder in the death of his father, Wayne Millard, 71, whose demise in November 2012 was initially considered a suicide.
McMahon said that the Wayne Millard murder trial will be scheduled for February 2018, a month after the Babcock trial is scheduled to end.
Millard, 30, and Smich, 28, are now serving life sentences after they were convicted in June of first-degree murder in the brutal killing and incineration of Hamilton man Tim Bosma.
He disappeared on May 6, 2013, after he took Millard and Smich for a test drive in the truck he was trying to sell online.
Laura Babcock

Laura Babcock murder trial pushed to September 2017 | Toronto & GTA | News | Tor

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Aviation heir Dellen Millard to apply for legal aid to help fund 2 murder trials
Liam Casey, THE CANADIAN PRESS
First posted: Friday, October 21, 2016 01:28 PM EDT | Updated: Friday, October 21, 2016 01:31 PM EDT
TORONTO - A convicted killer who is the heir to a multi-million dollar aviation company will apply for legal aid to help fund his defence in two upcoming murder trials.
Dellen Millard, who was convicted of first-degree murder along with Mark Smich in the death of Tim Bosma in June, told court Friday he cannot access his assets in order to hire lawyers.
He and Smich are charged with first-degree murder in the death of Toronto woman Laura Babcock and Millard alone is charged with first-degree murder in the death of his father, Wayne Millard, whose death was initially deemed a suicide.
Both of those trials have been delayed as Millard continues on without a lawyer.
On Friday, Justice John McMahon set the date for the trial in Wayne Millard’s death for March 20, 2018.
Last week, the trial for Babcock was pushed back from February to September 2017.
Court also heard Friday that Millard will file two motions in the spring.
The first, Millard said, is a motion to quash the direct indictment in the Babcock case. Skipping preliminary hearings is rare in Ontario, although the same thing occurred in the Bosma case.
According to a Crown policy manual on the Ministry of the Attorney General’s website, “this power is an extraordinary one and is used infrequently.”
Millard also plans to file a severance motion because he wants to be tried separately from Smich in Babcock’s case.
For those two motions he told court he wants to hire Ravin Pillay, who represented Millard in the Bosma trial.
McMahon has repeatedly tried to get Millard to hire legal representation for both trials, but as of Friday Millard still didn’t have any on record.
“Mr. Millard, you can apply for legal aid Monday morning, but you have to be diligent hiring counsel,” McMahon said.
“Diligence takes time your honour,” Millard said.
He told court he is looking for a lawyer for the Babcock trial and may represent himself for his father’s murder trial.
There are two civil matters that have complicated matters, Millard said. His company, Millardair, which he inherited after his father died in 2012, is in receivership and the Bosma family has filed a $14-million lawsuit.
Millard cannot inherit his father’s estate because he is charged with his murder.
Lawyers for the civil case as well as legal aid lawyers are scheduled to return to court next Friday to help speed up the process.
Aviation heir Dellen Millard to apply for legal aid to help fund 2 murder trials

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Dellen Millard 'has no money' to pay for defence at coming murder trials, court told
First posted: Friday, October 28, 2016 04:06 PM EDT | Updated: Friday, October 28, 2016 04:09 PM EDT
TORONTO - Dellen Millard, the convicted killer of Tim Bosma and heir to a multimillion-dollar aviation company, “has no money” to pay for his defence in two coming murder trials, court heard Friday.
“There is no money in my client’s hands to fund a defence,” said James Grout, the court-appointed lawyer who represented two of Millard’s companies now in receivership.
“The only assets of those two companies are a (vendor-take-back) mortgage of two — what I would call — shell companies,” Grout told Justice John McMahon.
The judge had ordered Millard’s civil lawyers to appear in court Friday to attempt to clear any hurdles preventing the accused from hiring lawyers for his looming trials.
Millard, who was convicted in June of first-degree murder along with Mark Smich in Bosma’s 2013 death and incineration, told court a week ago he cannot access his assets to retain lawyers.
Both Millard and Smich are now serving life sentences but are appealing their convictions.
The pair are charged with first-degree murder in the death of Toronto woman Laura Babcock and Millard alone is accused of first-degree murder in the death of his father, Wayne Millard, who was initially believed to have committed suicide.
Both trials have been delayed as Millard — who insisted he wanted to represent himself at the Babcock trial — remained without a lawyer.
Two weeks ago, the trial for Babcock was delayed from February 2017 to September 2017. The trial in Wayne Millard’s death is set for March 20, 2018.
The court also heard Millard will file two motions in the spring — the first aims to quash the direct indictment in the Babcock case. He also plans to file a severance motion because he wants to be tried separately from Smich in Babcock’s case.
Lawyer Ravin Pillay, who represented Millard in the Bosma trial, is Millard’s choice to handle those two motions, court heard.
Two civil proceedings have complicated matters, Millard said. His company, Millardair, which he inherited after his father died in 2012, is in receivership and the Bosma family has filed a $14-million lawsuit.
Court heard that the Bosma lawsuit won’t be proceeding until the coming murder trials are completed.
Millard cannot inherit his father’s estate because he is charged with his murder.
spazzano@postmedia.com
Dellen Millard 'has no money' to pay for defence at coming murder trials, court

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Dellen Millard's ex Christina Noudga expected to plead guilty to obstructing justice
First posted: Monday, November 21, 2016 09:30 PM EST | Updated: Monday, November 21, 2016 09:42 PM EST
It’s anticipated that the former girlfriend of convicted killer Dellen Millard will plead guilty Tuesday to an obstructing justice charge connected to the Tim Bosma murder case, sources say.
Christina Noudga’s judge-alone trial on charges of being an accessory after the fact and obstructing justice was scheduled to begin Tuesday in a Hamilton courthouse, but sources told the Toronto Sun the case is likely to be resolved.
Millard, 30, of Toronto, and Mark Smich, 28, of Oakville, were each convicted by a jury of first-degree murder in the May 6, 2013 killing of Tim Bosma. Both are serving life sentences with no chance of parole until 2038.
Bosma, 32, was shot after taking Millard and Smich out for a test drive of a pickup truck he was trying to sell.
If the plea bargain goes awry, Noudga’s trial is expected to last two or three weeks.
No one from the Crown attorney’s office or defence counsel’s office would comment Monday.
Noudga testified during the murder trial, saying she accompanied Millard on his drive to park a tractor-trailer containing Bosma’s truck in his mom’s Kleinburg driveway three days after the murder victim’s disappearance.
She told the jury she couldn’t ask questions about the mission because she was busy satisfying Bosma during the hour-long drive.
“It was a sexual expedition. He was driving and I was performing sexual favours on him, so there was no room for questions to be asked,” Noudga testified.
She admitted she later wiped fingerprints off the trailer, court heard.
The couple then drove to his property near Waterloo, where she helped Millard move “The Eliminator,” an animal cremation device, from the barn to the middle of the bush on the sprawling property.
Millard and Smich used The Eliminator to torch Bosma’s remains after he was shot inside his truck, his trial heard.
Noudga said she and Millard donned black Latex gloves when they moved the machinery from the barn and concealed it in a wooded area roughly 80 metres away.
spazzano@postmedia.com
Dellen Millard's ex Christina Noudga expected to plead guilty to obstructing jus

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
maybe the guy was selling the truck to cover a debt the wife doesn't know about...

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
maybe the guy was selling the truck to cover a debt the wife doesn't know about...

I'd have to search out old publications but if memory serves me, they were selling the truck to buy a car as they had a new baby. It might also help if you read about the Bosma couple. From all accounts, they were a very close loving couple, Dan.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
lol
you may be right

I work at street level these days, well, as a volunteer...and was a barman/musician for years on the street.
a situation like this:
There wouldn't be such a mystery if appearances were what they appear to be
Pills, crack, meth, gambling, lovers...even being a whistleblower can create these types of scenarios, and the wife might not know a thing...
or
HE might not know about her...

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Millard’s ex-girlfriend pleads guilty to obstructing justice in Tim Bosma murder
First posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 10:52 AM EST | Updated: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 06:32 PM EST
HAMILTON - The former girlfriend of an aviation heir convicted of killing Hamilton resident Tim Bosma admitted she destroyed evidence linking the killer to the murder scene.
Christina Noudga pleaded guilty Tuesday to obstructing justice and was sentenced to one day in jail on top of a year credit for time served.
The 24-year-old woman acknowledged she wiped away her own fingerprints — and those of her lover, convicted murderer Dellen Millard — on a trailer hitch and door locks to a trailer containing Bosma’s stolen truck on May 10, 2013.
She discreetly wiped away tears before proceedings began and after she was led into custody.
Bosma was fatally shot on May 6, 2013 after taking Millard and Mark Smich for a test drive in the truck he was trying to sell.
Millard, 30, of Toronto, and Smich, 28, of Oakville, were each convicted of first-degree murder. Both are serving life sentences with no chance of parole until 2038.
Noudga, of Oakville, was arrested about a year after Bosma died and charged with accessory after the fact, but she pleaded guilty to the lesser offence on the morning her trial was scheduled to begin.
“There would have been insufficient evidence to find her guilty on the accessory charge,” Justice Toni Skarica said.
Noudga’s lawyer, Brian Greenspan, said his client neither helped Millard fabricate evidence nor build a false defence for him, as he requested.
Greenspan noted she obtained a Bachelor of Science in health sciences last year and works for Amnesty International. She also had no prior convictions. Her parents were doctors in the Ukraine before they emigrated to Canada 21 years ago.
Noudga and Millard’s mom, Madeline Burns, drove back to Burns’s Kleinburg home, where Millard and Noudga had parked the trailer, and together they removed the fingerprints, said Crown attorney Brett Moodie.
“Noudga was concerned about being associated with a crime and deliberately ... she wiped her and Madeline’s prints from the trailer,” Moodie said.
“This would have the effect of removing Millard’s fingerprints from the trailer locks and hitch.”
Bosma’s truck was found inside the trailer.
spazzano@postmedia.com
Millard’s ex-girlfriend pleads guilty to obstructing justice in Tim Bosma murder

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Laura Babcock murdered and cremated, court hears
First posted: Thursday, October 12, 2017 08:48 PM EDT
Aviation heir Dellen Millard and his pal Mark Smich pleaded not guilty Thursday to first-degree murder charges in the disappearance-death of Laura Babcock in July 2012.
Millard, 31, of Etobicoke, and Smich, 29, of Oakville, entered their pleas in front of more than 200 prospective jurors gathered in Ontario’s largest courtroom.
In outlining the allegations in the case, Justice Michael Code told potential jurors that Millard and Smich are accused of murdering Babcock and cremating her body in a large incinerator. That incinerator was later found on a farm property that Millard owned near Kitchener, court heard.
Babcock, 23, was murdered on the night of July 3 or July 4, 2012. She was allegedly killed at Millard’s home at 5 Maple Gate Court in Etobicoke, added Code. Her body and her remains have never been found, said the judge.
The allegations have not been tested in court.
The judge organized the huge jury pool into groups of 20. Each group will return, starting on Monday, as jury selection begins for a trial. It is estimated to last up to 10 weeks.
The judge said the trial may end before Dec. 22, 2017, but if it should go past that deadline, jury members will still get a two-week Christmas break.
spazzano@postmedia.com
Laura Babcock murdered and cremated, court hears | Toronto & GTA | News | Toront

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Sadly there are many, many, lowlife's everywhere who do not deserve to live. I can see keeping them alive until they get the info on the missing Babcock.

And what's outstanding in all of these type's of cases is the frivolity of the cause.

They set up and killed someone to steal his used pickup!

How twisted does one brain have to be to ponder and executing this act plus all the other atrocities we see daily?

I've never been to jail, but I am claustrophobic so I wonder if keeping them locked up for all their lives is worse than death?

Being locked up to me would be worse than death but at least we wouldn't have to worry about them......

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Sadly there are many, many, lowlife's everywhere who do not deserve to live. I can see keeping them alive until they get the info on the missing Babcock.

And what's outstanding in all of these type's of cases is the frivolity of the cause.

How twisted does one brain have to be to ponder and executing this act plus all the other atrocities we see daily?

I've never been to jail, but I am claustrophobic so I wonder if keeping them locked up for all their lives is worse than death?

Being locked up to me would be worse than death but at least we wouldn't have to worry about them......

I just don't think keeping those bastards around is fair to the taxpayer! We already have enough on our plate supporting the legitimately handicapped.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Problem is they never stay locked up. Our joke of a just us system will let them out in a few short years to reofend. PRotecting the innocent is not part of the mandate.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Jury selection to resume at Babcock murder trial
First posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 07:34 PM EDT | Updated: Monday, October 16, 2017 07:37 PM EDT
Nine jurors were chosen Monday to sit at the first-degree murder trial of aviation heir Dellen Millard and his pal Mark Smich.
Millard, 31, of Etobicoke and Smich, 29, of Oakville have pleaded not guilty to the charges in the disappearance-death of Laura Babcock in July 2012.
Prospective jurors were questioned Monday as jury selection started shortly after 9 a.m. and finished shortly before 7 p.m. Jury selection will resume Tuesday morning.
In outlining the allegations in the case, Justice Michael Code told potential jurors that Millard and Smich are accused of murdering Babcock and cremating her body in a large incinerator. That incinerator was later found on a farm property that Millard owned near Kitchener, court heard.
Babcock, 23, was murdered on the night of July 3 or July 4, 2012. She was allegedly killed at Millard’s home at 5 Maple Gate Court in Etobicoke, added Code. Her body and her remains have never been found, said the judge.
The allegations have not been tested in court. The trail is expected to start on Monday Oct. 23 and estimated to last up to 10 weeks.
spazzano@postmedia.com
Jury selection to resume at Babcock murder trial | Home | Toronto Sun

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
The long-awaited trial of the two men accused of murdering Laura Babcock is expected to answer many questions, beginning with the most basic — what happened to her?

The jury trial that begins today in Toronto will be overseen by Ontario Superior Court Justice Michael Code and is expected to last 10 weeks.

During that time, the Crown will at last reveal its evidence about the disappearance of Babcock while attempting to prove her former boyfriend and his pal were behind it.

Police believe Millard and Smich killed Babcock on July 3 or 4, 2012. Each is charged with one count of first-degree murder.

At the trial, the Crown will argue that Millard, 32, and Smich, 30, burned Babcock's body in a large commercial incinerator on a Cambridge-area farm once owned by Millard.

more

Murder trial to finally shed light on Laura Babcock mystery - Toronto - CBC News

I am listening to lawyer Ari Goldkind who was in attendance today and he said some very interesting things about this case.

Mallard is acting as his own lawyer and the first person he interviewed was Babcock's father. Goldkind said if it was him as the victims father he would have punched Mallard in the face but Mr. Babcock kept cool and did well.

He was also unable to answer some questions because there is a publication ban.........